Tebow is questionable for the game

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

I must confess. I glanced at the first sentence. I feel dirty now.

p.s. When a player can't remember when he broke his ribs, that's kindof a red flag that it might not've happened.

And when you don't dress the 3rd string quarterback when your 2nd stringer is debilitated, it's either ridiculously stupid, or somethine else.

2. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I don't know. I've had injuries during games and didn't know it til the game was over and the adrenaline rush went down. But I've never had cracked ribs and don't know how bad they hurt.
    I question the motives also so I know what you're saying. I think Tebow is hurt but he's the type to play through broken bones. He has done that since high school.

3. phaytal

phaytal New Member

What tap dance?

Stanton was signed, and promised playing time if Sanchez faltered. The Jets signed Tebow two weeks later. That is pretty underhanded. I would be pissed too if the Jets front office lied to me, and would absolutely demanded a trade out of a two week old contract.

Pretty unique situation, wouldn't you say?

4. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

We can speculate all day, for sure. But here's the deal.

No conspiracy. Nobody lies.

Your 2nd quarterback has a "debilitating" injury. What do you do...?

Let's leave the 3rd qb inactive! Genius! That's about as dumb as it gets.

So, whether a person wants to believe that they're lying or not, at the end of the day it's still one of the dumbest decisions possible.

5. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I agree. This whole thing is bizarre. I wish I knew what was going on in everyone's head. The coaching staff, Tannenbaum, Woody Johnson and Tebow.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Tebow did try to hide his concussion and played in the LSU game not at 100%. He should have been inactive.

7. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

After some thought, it seems there are a few scenarios.

1. Tebow wasn't injured, but rex needed a reason not to play him.

2. Tebow was injured, but Rex didn't realize how bad it was until too late.

3. Tebow was injured, and Rex knew how bad it was, but just "forgot" to activate the 3rd string qb.

4. Tebow and everybody are lying to cover up that Tebow refused to go into the game at some point.

5. McElroy refused to even get dressed for the game, so they were stuck with just 1 gimped backup.

5. Ever since Sanchez let Rex play with his feet, they've developed an inseperable bond, which holds them til death does them part.

Any of these are possible, but I believe there is 1 common truth to be found, now matter which way it happened.

Rex is a moron.

#27 Awesomo 3000, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  8. phaytal

phaytal New Member

This whole thing is laughable. Tim himself told Mike Garafolo that he has 2 broken ribs. He also revealed after the game that he broke two ribs in the Jets' loss at Seattle two weeks ago.

"They need a little time to get better," Tebow said, adding that his breathing has been affected by the injury. "I appreciate his concern," Tebow said. "I had to do a little bit of talking just to dress, but I just want to be there for my teammates in case they needed me in an emergency situation.”

But everything is a big conspiracy to hold Tebow back, right guys?

#28 phaytal, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Stupid Tebots, thinking conspiracy theory. I heard if a team was lieing about an injury, they will take away draft picks.

10. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

or 7. Tebow is injured even though he would still play through it. Rex is using it as an excuse to tell the media. It may be valid. So nobody is lying about the fact that there is an injury. It's just a reason to keep the media quiet about Tebow. And Tebow is playing along. Not lying, just saying he is injured which may be true.

11. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

That's a variation of #3. It does add more to the situation, though.

12. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Yeah you're right.

13. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

I see what you're saying, though. The problem is that it's more often the starting quarterback who has to embellish an injury. When a qb gets replaced, it's kindof a way to save face a little. Just make it look like an injury, so the ego doesn't take too big a hit.

If the Jets are doing this with their backup qb, then I think they may have set a new low :)

14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Yep, they totally embellished his injury. I'm sure Tebow was lying when he said he still had trouble breathing due to the rib injury.

15. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

Why would I respond to some poor soul that can't even read?

16. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Exactly! Who knows what is really going on, but in this circus, many things are possible.

17. BJXX

BJXX New Member

They'll learn. It took me a few days before I realized what I was dealing with. They'll catch on.

18. Bannon

Bannon New Member

This injury got missed because Tebow's tough as iron.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

At the risk of comparing 2 completely different situations, I broke a bone in my foot once. Right when it happened it felt funny and I knew something was off but it didn't hurt exactly and I kept playing on it. I actually ended up playing again the next day. It was only after 3 or 4 days of it feeling "funny" that I actually started to mess around with it and felt my bone moving and then had it x-rayed.

I think the above is what causes a lot of the mystery involved in these injuries. A player knows something is up but is such a competitor they don't want to say anything and think they can play through it. Then after they finally report it to the team the team ends up having limited time to gameplan for the injury.

20. Remarker

Remarker Banned

It's really simple but may be beyond what many football fans, and players for that matter, may realize about a football player's capacity to be dedicated to playing the game. Passion for playing football is the ingredient, and different from many football players, Tim has it.

Anyone that has played sports should know what playing injured is, if they really want to play that sport.

The real question is, when is an injury so bad that playing is not smart? You Tim detractors will only believe what you want concerning Tim so it is unreasonable to expect you guys to either understand or care BUT someone needs to watch Tim's 'injury' back. He has a history of being dumb about playing injured.