Rex should resign

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 22, 2012.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

As much as it pains me to watch this horror show I don't want the Jets to sneak into the playoffs this year, not that there is any chance. But, absolutely do not want to see Rex and Tanny redeemed in Woody's eyes, it's time for Coco the Clown and the Ring Master to take this Circus Train out of town.

2. TheGreenCantona

That will not happen. Tanny is as good as gone already.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It sucks we just won a game 5 days ago and now we have this,Every Giant fan on the planet wanted Coughlin fired after missing the playoffs two years in a row and falling apart in the second half of the season two years in a row, They wanted him fired last year to before he went on to win the Superbowl

4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Jets want to turn this thing around? They need to fire everyone. They need to hire someone that understands you don't trade your fucking draft picks every fucking year to overpay talent. Save your godamn picks and keep rebuilding. Always. Find me a GM that embraces the Ozzie Newsome/Jerry Reese philosophy of saving draft picks and spending it on BPA.

God damnit Jets, a little self control goes a long way.

5. LongIslandBlitz

If we change head coaches it will be 2 or 3 years of even more horribleness then this

6. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Not true we need a coach who doesn't preach entitlement and that you earn your position

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Do not agree.

A new head coach could turn this team around right away. It would have to be with a different QB though.

8. LongIslandBlitz

Am I the only one who thinks Norv Turner is the answer for the offensive coordinator job???

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its time to make a change.

rex has a year left. it isnt very often that guys go into the last year of their deal without a new deal. i highly doubt he will get a new deal, i highly suspect that tannenbaum will get bounced and rex will surely be soon to follow as why in gods green earth would any gm want to keep the old coach instead of finding a guy who he wants and likes.

and at this point i am ok with that. last year i would have said i dont blame rex but now at this point his bullshit and stupidity has grown old. i cant sit here and hear him say "again.... blah blah blah" 50 times a press conference then have him lie straight to everyone about how the backup qb was hurt but not have a reason why the 3rd string guy wasnt activated.

im done with it, im done with him and its time to move on.

10. alleycat9

i wouldnt be too against it just so long as he realizes he will NEVER EVER NEVER be the head coach.

i have an absolute hatred for him as a head coach.. he is just absolutely terrible.

11. LongIslandBlitz

I feel like he can do what Wade Phillips did to the Texans defense to our offense,He just isn't a head coach like you said

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Rex lost me two weeks ago after the Seahawks game when he was asked about why he thought Sanchez will continue to give us the best chance at winning, and his response was "Why do I believe it? Because I believe it". WTF IS THAT?

Can someone recap what he said in his presser last night after the game? I was out of the house by then, I couldn't even finish the game.

13. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I don't think Ryan or Sporano has much chance of keeping their jobs.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: at Rex resigning. I'm sure he's just going to step down in the middle season after a bad loss. Come on guys, back away from the cliff. This team still has a little building to do. Put the blame on Tanny where it belongs. Clearly the issue is lack of talent on offense.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Check other threads. Some other guys and myself posted some of the garbage spewed from Ryan.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Another primetime humiliation. What is that 3 in two years. And at least 5 down right embarrassing performances in the last year and a half. We are light years from 2010 and Rex isn’t the coach to lead us back.

And to those saying we didn’t quit last night. If it wasn’t nationally televised it would have been ugly. Clearly a lot of the team has given up on Rex and was playing because their families were watching.

BTW – Our defense sucked also. 6 DBs while they run it down our throats. Multiple blown coverages. Slow ass LBs that can’t cover a TE or RB. Good job Rex.
    And our offense made the Pats mediocre defense look like a top 5 defense. Our special teams continue to suck. Losing badly at every phase of the game.

17. alleycat9

there is a thread out there i think its postgame presser.

it was fucking painful though. rex boldfaced lied, even tebow was lying through his teeth and the shame is it was obvious.

they asked rex about tebow, he blathered on about how he had a rib thing and that he practiced but that rex saw him breathing a little weird and how he wouldnt put his own kids out there if they were hurt and how tebow was only there if absolutely positively needed and thats why he wasnt on punt team blah blah blah.

so one of the reporters asks him, so if tebow was injured then why was mcelroy on the inactive list?

uhh buhhh uhhh well followed by bullshit.

then he dropped the sanchez puts us in the best position to win and cimini i think took him to task for that. and asked him rex he threw another interception near the red zone that he didnt read correctly that led to a td and THEN went the wrong way admittedly and freaked out and fumbled the ball that directly led to another 7 points.... how exactly is that the best chance to for victory.

uhh well i uhh well i think that was the first time that mark has ever turned the wrong way... bluhh uhh again... uhh again... mark uuhhhh.

he was a bumbling fuckin moron those were just 2 highlights of the horror that it was.

then the sny guys who were so fired up that kris jenkins couldnt even talk and must have threw his pen 3 or 4 times cut to tebone and he says yeah i just wanted to be able to help my team i have 2 cracked ribs... then some lady asks him when did you hurt it?

umm seattle.

do you remember the play?

uhh no i dont really remember

was it on special teams?

uhh no definitely offense.... i think.

[smile]

this will be the type of stuff that makes heads roll. i will be amazed if people dont jump all over these issues and make a big stink about them.

18. LongIslandBlitz

you gotta see Rex's confrence call qoutes from this morning, He sounds crazy

#158 LongIslandBlitz, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

alleycat9-

The Ryan and Sanchez post game press conferences are must-watches now. Theater of the absurd type stuff.

Sanchez has too much California cool. I would like to see him point the finger at himself and get mad about how pathetic he is playing.

Ryan talks out of his ass.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So you watched the game and your biggest issue is the press conference???