Rex should resign

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I've been waiting for this one :)

lost by 30 pts to the Pats
    lost by 21 pts to the Seahawks
    lost by 21 pts to Miami
    lost by 34 pts to the 49ers

not enough for one season? That's after his usual BS such as, "this is the best Jets team we've ever had since I came here." Stop making excuses for this loudmouth clown. His rah rah BS worked the first two seasons with the team he inherited (still managed to choke in 2 championship games). Now he's being exposed as a bad talent evaluator and coach.

2. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The mistakes just kill the Jets. They came out smoking on D with Wilkerson sacking Brady, but, then they pile on a slew of miscues and undermine everything. They are simply ill-prepared and amateurish, what a waste.

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

'Mark threw the ball well'

lol, Rex has lost it.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Did he really say that? I can't get the postgame presser out here in PA.

5. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Well he did. He had one mistake throwing it. One running into his own guy's ass.

Its just we sucked at every other facet of the game.

Edit: I'm not saying Mark played well. Just that throwing wasn't his major issue (his brainfart fumble ass thing was)

6. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Just what I said... he's lost any touch with reality. What best chance to win when you are 4-7 and the season is pretty much over???

7. dankingfish13

dankingfish13 Member

He just said it............ "Mark gives us the best chance to win". What was the over/under for it????

8. wildaces

wildaces Banned

This is disaster of a team is not on Rex.

Tanny - fine
    Sparano - whatever

You can't win with the team he has to work with, and it starts with the supposed leader of the football team.

9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Yeah, he just also repeated for the 107th time that "Mark gives us the best chance to win."

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I agree Rex has done bad and him leaving should be considered if there is an enticing HC option, but resigning is dumb. It benefits nobody, not Rex, not the Jets FO, not the team.

I wouldn't say bad talent evaluator, but average and he shouldn't have last word on who is on this team. He should have input, but Tanny is supposed to pull the trigger.

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

He was throwing against a prevent from the middle of the second quarter on (and a bad defense at that), it was definite pad the QB rating time. He didn't throw it well when the game was still a contest, as usual.

12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i like rex. he's a good guy and really gives it his best and it sucks to see him so frustrated and having lost this team. but reality is, he's lost the team and i don't think he can recover after 2011 and now 2012. It's time for him to go.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, it's time to blow it up.

Rex came in with his happy player's coach thing right after boot-camp left town and turned Mangini's roster into gold for a season or two. Then that roster mostly aged out and we're left with crap and crap that is sliding downhill fast.

The Jets need a new GM who understands the game of football and they need to let him pick his staff. They probably should let him pick the coach also.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Losing to Peyton Manning in Indianapolis and Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh is not exactly choking.

I am not happy with Rex, but if you look at the roster he has to work with, and his first couple years here, I think he deserves to see if he can get this fixed in 2013. Tannenbaum and Sparano need to go though.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Id hate to see Rex get fired and have to rebuild all over again. We need to be patient we had two great years now were having two bad years, Next year will be the best???

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Again, this whole lost team phrase is thrown around so much. Being unprepared is not losing this team. The team came out and tried, albeit sucked, but tried and put effort into the game down 35-0 coming out of halftime. They tried to rally. There isn't a mutiny in the lockerroom, and knowing NY media, we woudl know if players were taking shots at Rex or dislike him. This whole "lost the team" phrase is thrown around easily and I disagree with it. I think the phrase means something different to me. I've seen coaches lose their team, this doesn't look like it right now

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There ya go... that is it right there.

Kyle Wilson
    Vlad Ducasse
    John Connor
    Mark Sachez
    shit shit shit

This is why we have no talent... because outside of Wilkerson and Kerley we have drafted a bunch of guys who wouldn't see the field for 85% of the teams in the league. That's fine if your competing with Jacksonville and KC but when you are trying to win SB's that drafting is unacceptable.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This FO/CS has at most 1year left. That would be the lengths of their contracts and Sanchez's as well. The performance on the field and the resulting empty seats will have a bearing on that as we all know just how much Woody loves a good profit margin.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There are about 3 players on the entire team playing well at this point: Wilkerson, Cromartie and Mangold.

How can Rex not have lost this team and yet have all the sloppy tackling, lousy blocking, poor judgment on the part of almost everybody who touches the ball, etc, going on?

The 2012 Jets are one of the worst prepared teams I've ever seen take the field in Jets uniforms. They are a threat to get blown out every week and in fact have been blown out 5 times already this season.

They find every possible way to lose.

The games they've won this year have been when the opponent was trying to lose and better at it than the Jets.

This is just a farce at this point. If the Dolphins don't miss two late FG's and the Rams don't hire Brian Schottenheimer in February the Jets are 2-9 right now.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

hard to argue against anything you have said.