Tebow didn't do jack this week -- Haters, thanks for stopping by Tebowmania

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bannon, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Tim Tebow CRYING like a little girl after losing to Alabama in SEC championship game

[youtube]myNyMP9ddrg[/youtube]

The Gators got their butts stomped in that game against Alabama 32-13. Wasn't his last game.

#21 Concerned_Citizen, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. phaytal

phaytal New Member

That was the waning minutes of the 2009 SEC championship game. The Tide rolled all over Tebow. The offense was pretty much non-existent.

3. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

Zero sense of humor? I resent that comment...

I laugh at jokes every day. Especially the real funny ones, like fatal, concerned, jetsetter. How could I laugh at those jokes if I didn't have a sense of humor, now?

Did I nail it? Please say yes....

4. Concerned_Citizen

Funniest line is in my sig.

The idea that Tebow can be someone's franchise QB is pretty damn funny.

Have you heard the one where HE "inspired" the Denver defense when he couldn't "inspire" the guys actually playing with him to... I dunno... grind out a couple of first downs?

Or the one about 46% passing not being a problem.

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Yeah that Bama team had Greg Mcelroy :up:

Seriously Saben is a defensive genius and Mark Ingram was insane that day.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Also I think the main reason why the Wildcat hasn't been working is that we are banged up at running back, McKnight must be in there for the WC to work.

7. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

You seem so obsessed with that one completion % stat. Much more than with touchdowns, or turnovers, or critical stats like that.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and in a few years they'll replace the standard scoring system with a new Completion % vs Completion %. Then we'll know who the truly better quarterback was on that day.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm beginning to see how playing Tebow at WC has messed up Sanchez's rhythm. The offense will be rolling, and Mark will step out, only to come back into a worse situation. This has happened many times. It's not worth shifting all the personnel around on each drive. Either use Tebow very sparingly in obvious 2nd and short scenarios or cut him. It's not going to work out. Sanchez has better success when he's in for the entirety of the drive. I didn't like wildcat when Schotty used it and now I'm thinking the same thing about Sparano. WC = old gimmick no longer as useful. It's not Tebow's fault either, he's just not coming in at opportune times.

#28 Barcs, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  9. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

The main problem with the WC is named Tony Sparano. He has absolutely no clue what he's doing with it. The situational use of it is all wrong. The play design is stupidly vanilla and basic. The blocking schemes for those plays suck.

Doesn't matter who was back there running it, Brad Smith, Kaepernick, Johnny Football, whomever, it just isn't going to work.

That said, wrt Sanchez, it really is impossible to say whether it really fucks up his rhythm as he is so inconsistent. He'll hit some nice passes, then start doing bone headed shit.

10. Concerned_Citizen

...and only an idiot would ignore it.

You don't think that has an effect on leading the league in three and outs? you don't think that contributes to 3rd down conversions?

complete more passes means more first downs. More first downs means a break for a defense that doesn't have to trot out on to the field after a 2 minute break. So less points are scored against the team because the offense has the ball longer. Longer drives wears the other defense down. Longer drives likely end up in more points, especially with less punts. more points and less defense on the field... well, I think even you can understand where I am going with this....

...it starts with the other team being actually afraid you might throw it. If more than half of your pass attempts end up being incomplete (a wasted play) and you have to keep relying on the QB's legs to compensate for inability to complete passes, your team becomes extremely one dimensional and much easier to stop.

so yeah, I think you are in complete denial if you don't think completion percentage is important.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

My man just throw in the towel like I have. No matter what u say or show them facts some Tebow nuts will ignore it.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's not so much ignoring the substance as not reading. I don't read his posts for the most part. I read yours because they're short and look like a teenager wrote a text message.

13. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

OMG! LOL! PWNEDZORZ!

I think I'm starting to fit in...

14. Concerned_Citizen

That's fine. 3 years from now they will all be at some other site talking about how great Tebow was and how he never got a chance because some A-hole coaches couldn't see that there was something special about the kid.

Maybe I'll pay a visit then.

15. Concerned_Citizen

Yeah, I didn't want to listen to the truth either when i was told there was no Santa claus.

16. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

Dude I love that Back-UP Qb quote. I laugh and cry every time i read it. I laugh because he is an idiot and cry because we didnt land manning.

17. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

I never said anything about ignoring it.

I think that the biggest problem is you putting the cart before the horse. The most important stats are touchdowns, turnovers, time of possession, and field position. Those stats have a much much higher correlation to winning that completion %.

According to some of those stats, Tebow was alright. Other stats show that he clearly has areas that need work. But pretending that completion % is the trump stat that beats all others is just deliberately misleading. Not only that, but if you look at his completion %'s in different situations, you'd notice there's an extreme fluctuation, going from terribad, to very impressive. So Tebow can complete passes, and very well at times. Other times he's not so good.

Instead of trying to beat people over the head with one [relatively insignificant] stat, why don't you bring up stats that actually have something to do with winning football games? (turnovers, touchdowns, t.o.p., first downs, etc...) At least then it could be an honest discussion.

And btw, I'm well aware that you bring up 3 and outs all the time. That's great. What about the stats that are favorable to Tebow? Do they just disappear because we don't want to see them?

18. Concerned_Citizen

The reason you think 46% passing is insignificant is because it hurts Tebow. I think it is VERY underrated.

Those stats sure are, but when you lead the league in three and outs, time of possession and touchdowns scored were down last year. They didn't get very many touchdowns at all last year. They were near the bottom of the league in that department.

Time of possession was better only because the clock didn't stop for the two minutes they HAD the ball enroute to three and out due, which the clock didn't stop because of a very disproportinate number of running plays. That was kind of okay against weaker teams and the time stayed closer to even because the Broncos defense was ALSO answering back with three and outs of their own and really short drives on the other side. Plus the other side had more plays, but more incompletes.

the reason the more significant stat of time of possession and touchdowns suffered was because passing sucked. If it was better, I firmly believe time of possession would have been up to compliment defensive performance. Drives would ahve been extended by not punting the ball away so much, and by extension it results in drives tat get to scoring territory. THAT will end up with more touchdowns, which indeed is a better stat than completion percentage. But those stats go hand in hand.

Start with a QB that can pass, the offense gets better results, and teams have a better chance of winning. Really not a tough concept to grasp.

19. HoffaLiesBeneath

HoffaLiesBeneath New Member

If Tebow was starter, Jets would be 7-3 right now. Sanchez threw a pick then ran into his own guy's butt and fumbled. He is a total joke. Sad to be a Jets fan right now.

20. Clovis

Clovis New Member

All I know is, thank goodness they didn't bring Tebow to ruin the rhythm of the game in the first half vs the Pats