IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Don't get ur hopes up, we never beat the Pat's in the regular season when it matters most and i expect this game to be the same

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

we beat a 3 win rams team, and some are making playoff senarios?

did you all forget that the starting qb is ranked , like 30th in the league?

wow!

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Really?? How long have you been watching this team? Hope for a 9-7 season and cross your fingers for the "right" combination of losses by Indy, Buffalo, SD and Cincy. It could happen ... we could sneak in at 9-7 ... but 10-6 after a 3-6 start? NO SHOT.

Take a look at how many 7 game winning streaks we've had in 40+ years. And that includes years when we actually had very talented teams. I hope you turn out to be right, but I try to live on planet Earth.

4. truthbtold

Easy tiger ... he's 29th :smile:

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I will say it is much more fun watching football when your team is still in the playoff hunt, so the longer the Jets last, the better.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

well, i almost got it right. just like all those almost wins we got that the league counts in the loss column.:up:

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind we lost our best Defensive Player the entire defense was planned around, then lost our best Offensive Receiver, plus major injuries to Keller, Mangold, McNkight, Powell, Ellis, and Bart.

We basically started pre-season all over again in week 5, and Rex is pulling things together when most coaches/teams would have thrown in the towel.

Rex WILL NOT die.

Long live the king.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I just like to hope for the best. That, and I'm not old enough to be a SOJF :p

9. truthbtold

I stated earlier that I think we're an 8-8 team, but here's the way to look at it ...

There aren't 6 good teams in the AFC this year. That 6th playoff spot is going to be filled by a shitty team with a 9-7 record, so it may as well be us. We're not good, but neither are Indy, SD, Buffalo, Tenn etc.
    If we can get to 9 wins, we have a shot.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Luckily for you this game isn't on the Sunday ticket because it is an NFL network game so your streak remains intact.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

if the Jets, Bengals, Steelers, and Colts all tie at 9-7 - the Jets would have a better conf record than the Bengals and Colts -- would lose head to head to Steelers and be the 6

Steelers are down to Charlie Batch at QB so you never know what will happen there.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

How is that guaranteed already, really curious? We also have the H2H against the Colts but lost it to Pitt.

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

H2H doesn't come into play when you have 3 or more teams tied, It goes to two steps that wouldn't apply and will go to Conference record. I am basing that conf record off games left and current conf record. At worst the Jets can be 7-5 (assuming they lose to NE and then win out which I don't think would happen that is why the NE is really a game you want to win to give yourself a one loss oh no in the final 5)

Cinci already has 5 conference losses and will get one more...The Jets have 4 - if they get to 6 there season is over so at worst they have have 5. so they beat Cinci on conference.

Pitt - same conf record as the Jets - but they have a 3rd string QB, no backup, and a banged up running game. They might struggle and finish 9-7. If that happens their conference record will be worse than the jets.

Indy has 4 tough AFC games and 3 of their 6 games are on the road. 2-3 on the road with 3 blow out loses...so their games in Detroit, Houston, and even KC are not gimmies since KC can run the ball.

One of these 4-6 teams will make a run for the playoffs and if you look at schedules the Jets have the most favorable schedule.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

At this point based on the remaining schedule and the injuries, Pittsburgh and Colts finish at 9-7 at best. We have tie breaker against Colts but not Pittsburgh. The Bengals can also get to 9-7, but more likely 8-8. 9-7 could very well get us in. That would mean us going 5-1 the remainder of the season. Tough feat, but realistic based on the schedule.

15. Satire?

Satire? Guest

Yeah, pass that pipe.

16. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Beat New England and then we can stroke ourselves. Until then ,its just another tease ,Ya know Typical Jets Shit. :up:

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The good news is this won't drag out, I mean if NE spanks us all of this will be moot,,,,,that said I hope we beat NE but I can see us easily dropping a few more games. We all love this team but i have said since traing camp ,,,,,that we are not that good and have no depth,,,,,,Thursday first !

18. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

It's actually a national game on NBC

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Alright, cool. Thanks for that. I didn't know Cincy racked up those losses so quickly. And yeah 2 losses have come to SEA and SF for us.

20. catfish

catfish New Member

The Steeler have the Ravens, not the Broncos in 2 weeks, don't know if that makes a difference or not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.