Tebow was wretched, yet again

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by GoldenShowers, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I say this, if the Jets have any chance to getting to the playoffs, everybody needs to step their game up. Including Tebow, he needs to find that magic again from last year and start making plays when his number is called.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I thought as far back as March that Tebow would come to regret his going to the Jets. Not good for them, and turns out not good for him, either.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

And as I said before, NOBODY can do things 24/7. EVERYBODY needs some kind of break. Some kind of wind down.

It's like when you tried to claim that his book tour somehow prevented him from being a better QB, and I pointed out that the tour had like 3 stops, in Florida, where he was visiting family for a few days.

Guess what ? He even practiced his craft then. You do know that when you change your mechanics, part of the practice is just standing around and throwing the ball. Repeating the same motion over and over and over again.

4. Demosthenes9

Apparently, Mike Westoff disagrees with you.

His body language wasn't any different than that of most the players on the team. They were bored and ready for the game to be over as Shotty's team wasn't doing shit.

5. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

The book deal was only one thing, that's a pretty extensive list though. The Broncos finally had a workout during the lockout that Dawkins organized, and he was busy with a celebrity golf tournament.

I get that people need a break now and then. Not saying he shouldn't get a few, but my list came during just a single offseason.

Just saying that if I'm a young player, and my career was in doubt... hell, people are arguing about whether or not I'm even a QB... well, I'd find a better use for the time and put a limit on strutting around in front of the media demonstrating what a swell guy I am.

It's his career though. Appears to be circling and about to be flushed. Probably has one more offseason to improve for either the Jets or whatever team he goes to if the Jets cut him. If I were him, I'd make it count. Hollywood and the Biggest Loser can wait.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Did you ever think that the reasons it not paying off because he is not a good NFL QB? Or could never become one?

7. Concerned_Citizen

Bored? You'd think rolling a team in a rare win would generate more enthusiasm.

8. Concerned_Citizen

Absolutely. This is the root of my arguments as to why teams won't give him the benefit of the doubt, why he hasn't improved in the 3 years since he was drafted, and why nobody will offer more than a can of soda for a trade to bring him to their team.

It just cracks me up watching the Tebowners grasp at straws trying to put the blame elsewhere, and pull up stat sheets to insist he's no different from guys like Steve Young when he was first starting out.

Take the name, TEBOW off the back of his jersey, he would have been forgotten as a bust a long time ago. His best claim to fame involves him getting carried by a defense and sucker punching a steelers team when one of his javelin throws actually somehow managed to hit the right mark.

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I disagree with the bust part because he would had never been a 1st rd pick maybe 4th or 5th plus he wouldn't been drafted as a QB.

10. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Just curious. Doesn't he have a foundation that hosts a yearly tourney? Is that the one you mentioned? I could excuse that since those take a lot of planning, time, and resources to pull off. Missing a last second player organized practice makes sense if that was the case.

11. Concerned_Citizen

Okay, but even if I were to give him a pass on that. ...it just seemed when all things are added together, it amounts to a LOT of time doing something other than developing QB skills. Just makes me question where his priorities are when his skills are in question to begin with. People are acting like he spent as much time as he could have. I disagree wholeheartedly.

Things have pretty much fallen into place for him throughout his football life though despite the doubters. So I can see why he probably wasn't too concerned about it at the time. Even Napoleon had his Waterloo. Maybe the NFL level is Tebow's.

12. Demosthenes9

Yet Tebow was there for other workouts and he also flew team members in to work out with him. You know, kind of like a "Jets West" thing ???

I get what you are saying about him trying to get better. And I know that here are a lot of guys in the NFL who piss away the offseason instead of trying to improve. Even young guys who are in danger of getting cut at any point.

The simple fact of the matter is that it's entirely possible to work on your craft, to try and become a better QB with better mechanics, and do some other things during the offseason as well. As I said, it's not a 24/7 gig.

Problem is, YOU really don't know what he did in the offseason to try and improve. YOU don't know what his schedule was. YOU are just presuming that he didn't spend a hell of a lot of time working on his mechanics, but instead, ran around living the "celebrity" life.

13. Demosthenes9

Herein lies the problem. YOU apparently believe that "as much time as he could have" should apparently mean every waking moment, and if possible, maybe he should try to learn subconsciously while he's sleeping. Perhaps some "how to read Defenses 101" MP3 lectures.

14. Demosthenes9

Oh, about that "javelin" throw ? Yeah, a decent or good QB would never throw like that. You'd never see he ball sticking straight up like that.

[​IMG]

You know, it really would be nice if critics of Tebow's throwing motion ACTUALLY KNEW WTF THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT.

15. Concerned_Citizen

Sure, but take a quick look at Tebow's career. IT'S SINKING!!! There's already going to be a lot of hindsight on what went wrong, and he's running out of time. It's time to evaluate what needs to change, because what he has been doing isn't working. A large part of that is what he does in the offseason and in practice time. There's a reason they practice and it is already pretty much universally accepted by BOTH sides he sucks in that department.

Ultimately, his development and time spent on it is HIS responsibility. NFL franchises have a responsibility to get a whole team together. There is no NFL Special Ed for those struggling to grasp certain concepts and learning to throw.

Why do you Tebowners have to take my argument five steps further than I'm actually going? Just because I said he spent too much time with other stuff, you guys have to take my argument to the other extreme.

I didn't say 24/7. You did. I didn't say "every waking moment," you did. Read over that list from his first offseason between his rookie year and his second year. you don't think that list gets extensive when you do the math in your head on how many hours are spent on all those things on top of R&R?

If you don't think that is hindering his development that much, just say so... and STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

#75 Concerned_Citizen, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  16. Concerned_Citizen

Doesn't look like it is behind his head between the shoulder blades like Tebow does. Nowhere does he toss (or shot put) the ball over his head once the ball is back there either. Nice try! Look at that video of Tebow I posted the other day again.

If you think Tebow has the same throwing motion as Peyton Manning... then you're about as smart as a sack of hammers.

Here... chew on this one...

[​IMG]

#76 Concerned_Citizen, Nov 19, 2012
  17. Concerned_Citizen

[​IMG]

Here's another "catapult" throw.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Yeah, I can see how that one can be confused with Manning's throwing motion...

*sarcasm*

Never saw Manning catapulting it from behind his head like THAT. WTF is THAT anyway?
    No WONDER he can't hit the broad side of a barn when standing inside it.

:rolleyes: :rofl:

#77 Concerned_Citizen, Nov 19, 2012
  18. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Concerned_Citizen

Are you SURE he's left handed?

Maybe we should try the other one....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#79 Concerned_Citizen, Nov 19, 2012
  20. Demosthenes9

This is indicative of the problem. You make a bunch of bullshit statements based on what you THINK, when you have NO FREAKING IDEA what you are talking bout.

Here are some pics of others AFTER that shot of Tebow on the bench.

Joe McKnight (sitting next to Tebow).

[​IMG]

Brandon Moore

[​IMG]

Lex Hilliard

[​IMG]

Mark Sanchez

[​IMG]

Rex Ryan

http://i47.tinypic.com/2yo4kn7.jpg

And here's the whole damned rest of the team slowly wandering out onto the field after the victory, as opposed to jumping up and down with all sorts of enthusiasm.

[​IMG]

Tebow's "body language" was no different than most the rest of the guys on that sideline.