Tebow & Luck

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JFjets, Nov 19, 2012.

1. JFjets

JFjets New Member

NFL "experts" & "analysts" after Patriots 35 point beatdown of Andrew Luck's Colts (in which Luck had 4 turnovers, including 3 INT's, 2 of which were pick-6's):

NFL "experts" & "analysts" after Patriots 35 point beatdown of Tim Tebow's Broncos:

Now I like Andrew Luck a lot and believe he will have a successful career in the NFL, possibly a very good one. But every one of those same things could have been said after the Broncos lost to the Patriots in the playoffs, but they weren't and it just proves once again the biased double standard used to judge Tebow compared to the standard used to judge other young NFL QB's.

Now queue up phaytal and every other Tebow hater here to ignore everything I just pointed out above and instead start in with the logical fallacies by responding with "Andrew Luck and Tim Tebow are nothing alike".

2. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Thanks for this.

It cured my case of the Mondays.

3. Remarker

Remarker Banned

JF Jets, your expectations of Tim detractors will undoubtedly be realized.

4. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I was going to ignore this thread, but I couldn't resist. Anyone that knows anything about football already knows that comparing Andrew Luck and Tim Tebow is the equivalent of comparing modern day evolved man to an ape, but I'll bite.

Despite his worst performance as a professional football player, Andrew Luck is ranked the #3 quarterback in the league in Total QBR. Tim Tebow came in a a cool 31st last year.

In his absolute worst game as a pro, by a long ways, he threw for more yards than Tebow has ever thrown for.

In his absolute worst game, Luck converted more 3rd downs than Tebow ever has in a game, and not by a small margin either. Andrew Luck converted 57% of his 3rd downs. Tebow has never even sniffed a 50% 3rd down conversion rate. As a matter of fact, he set a record for most consecutive 3-and-outs. That is the opposite of good, in case you were wondering.

In his absolute worst game, Luck had a better quarterback rating than Tebow did in 2 of his wins last year, and almost half a dozen of his losses.

Now what I listed are just numbers. Stats on a sheet of paper. Here is the reality: 95% of the teams in the NFL would trade their 1st round pick (and possibly their 2nd) for Luck in a heartbeat. He is spectacular. He looks absolutely amazing. He outgunned Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Tim Tebow's current trade value is hovering in between an extra salty soft pretzel, and a movie theater sized box of Raisinets.

5. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Excellent. You are more predictable than the rising of the Sun.

Making me look clairvoyant....

Logical fallacy, thy name is phaytal.

:rofl::rofl:

6. phaytal

phaytal New Member

So much talk, and yet you wont address a single thing I posted. Pretty standard for you, really. You walk away from every discussion with your tail between your legs.

If wit was represented by height, you would be Webster.

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

So what have we learned?

1. You can't judge a QB by one bad game.

2. Andrew Luck is better than Tim Tebow.

3. This thread will live on in immortality, like so many others, as evidence that "all the Tebow fans think he's better than Andrew Luck because of that time Andrew Luck did bad against New England."

8. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Normally I wouldn't agree with insulting apes like that, though I would agree that Tim Tebow looking like a QB out there would be much like watching apes using tools for the first time. (Cue 2001 Space Odyssey music.)

9. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I can only assume you didn't watch both games. Or football in general.

10. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Probably not a good idea to make assumptions like that.

Which part of my original post did you disagree with?

11. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Tebow threw for 136 yards. In a game he was down big the entire game.

Luck threw for over 300 yards in a game that was close at half.

Tebow gave no indication in that game that he was an NFL caliber QB.

Luck has a rocket arm, great footwork, and is going to be one of the best QB's of his generation.

In short, I disagree with your premise that Tebow should even be in the same conversation as Luck.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree that just because Tebow got creamed one game it doesn’t mean he is a loser.

But as long as we are talking about Luck. Anyone who knows football can see this guy is going to be a top QB. He has all the tools in spades. The only thing he is lacking is experience.

Call me crazy but I’d trade Sanchez, Tebow, and Revis (yes Revis) for Luck.

13. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

Andrew Luck:

"I don't always throw pick sixes, but when I do, I make sure they're in a tight spiral, and thrown with a "proper" throwing motion."

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Before you judge Tebow against anybody he needs to play again. At this point in his career that is far from a sure thing.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

If we are talking about the Jets, I would trade 3 1st round picks for Andrew Luck.... He's the definition of a franchise quarterback. Something this team has hardly ever had.

16. Concerned_Citizen

It's much better for the pick six stat when more than half of your passes see nothing but dirt. Yep, Tebow does and awesome job avoiding pick sixes (even with the two he had along with the fumble for sixes as well) when his passes aren't catchable for receivers OR defenders alike.

17. Concerned_Citizen

He had 16 games. That is a season's worth. That is a LOT more than a lot of wanna be quarterbacks get get to show what they can do. Coming in dead last at QBing in most major stats is NOT the way to go if you want to make a career out of it.

...and... No. winning games on the back of a defense playing its ass off for 60 minutes does not excuse it away.

18. Concerned_Citizen

that depends... I thought luck had a LOT to do with his wins. Onside kick recoveries, brain farts by opposing runningbacks going out of bounds and then fumbling in OT...

19. JFjets

JFjets New Member

You brought up a point I didn't make, and ignored the point I did make. Just as I knew you would, and said so in advance. It's plainly clear to see who is leaving the discussion with their tail between their legs.

20. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Your point was that Tebow is held to a different standard, and I have addressed it 100 times. It's complete crap. If anyone thought that they could win with him, he would be playing, period.

I also pointed out that thus far in his rookie year, in Andrew Luck's worst game he outperformed much of what Tebow did in his second season.