2012 Week 12 - New England Patriots @ New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Oh please. We nearly beat the Pats with Gronk AT New England.

I don't see how people don't think we can't beat them at home on primetime without Brady's biggest weapon...

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This is the season, folks. If we win this game, we can dream about the playoffs, the rest of the schedule is chock full of teams who are worse than us (and I don't think we're that good).

Gronk being out is huge. However, we're a little banged up at cornerback. Trufant played a lot last game in the slot on Welker. We won't have that luxury. But we'll be able to throw more coverage in his direction.

This also should help our red zone defense, which has been awful lately. Gronk is clearly their top weapon in the end zone, and he's killed us in his career.

We almost beat them already, and the defense has played well against lesser defenses the last two weeks.

3. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Pats fans are crying already that we are getting a break with no Gronk. Shit happens. They were stumped when Revis went down!
    I can't say we will win. This team needs to show me consistency. The past weeks have shown me this team is a dump shithole. Rex better stfu and put this Rams game away.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

According to Rotoworld Hernandez is "expected" to be back for the Thanksgiving game. That being said he will most likely not be 100%.

5. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

aka belli is making him play cause its the jets

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i didnt watch the pats game this week yet, but id imagine that if sparano has gotten comfortable rotating between green mcknight and powell then our offense can pull out a win. hopefully we can stretch the defense with mcknight and tire out the front line so they dont get as much pressure. the jets d did well against brady last game, if it werent for a special teams td the pats might not have been in the game at the end.

7. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Everyone knows Gronk out is big but that's life in the NFl. I think the other key people to have healthy from the sideline are Mankins and Connelly, the two starting guards, especially for the running game..

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

great to see gronk go down-he's a cheap shot artist/dirty ballplayer so its always great to see him get hoisted on his own petard. looks like welker will be getting alot more targets from brady. should be a good game. the key for the NYJ will be putting Brady on his back as many times as possible.

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Need this victory. I don't care how "easy" people would like to perceive the December portion of the schedule, a 5-0 run to end the season isn't happening. We need this win to afford ourselves one loss in December. 8-8 won't get you into the postseason. With Gronkowski down, Hernandez will undoubtedly play, but will he be 100%? Probably not. Time to steal one from New England position ourselves for a 4-1 December run.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

A 6-0 could mos definately happen. Unlikely but possible. Run the table and finish 10-6. Start the roll by beating the stuffing out of Brady on Thanksgiving.

11. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

umm we don't have our best players on either side of the ball so yea we'll take "crippled pats team"

12. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

This will be my first regular season Jets game and the suspense is killing me can't wait til Sunday

13. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The game's on Thursday.

14. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

umm...the game is on Thursday but yea most jets fans are excited about the game

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Just picked up a pair from stubhub since I was waiting for RAM game results also. Jets might not make the playoffs but they showed me enough to believe they're not gonna quit. Rallying together during media circus drama & spanking the RAMs was awesome to watch.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Injuries impact games but that's not the same thing as fans looking forward to injuries. Somehow I get the impression that you're trying to insult everyone by making this connection.

Anyway, I don't recall any team beating the Jets stating their victory felt cheapened because Holmes & Revis were both done for season. Perhaps you've read those quotes from opposing teams & willing to share them with us?

17. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

oh god, please make sure you don't get the day mixed up for your first game. Thursday night my friend :)

18. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

It's a freak accident but it's not career ending and Gronk will be back healthy soon enough. If I was a Jets fan I would be happy for the lucky break.

A big deal for the Jets as Gronk had a nagging hip for a while but recently he seemed to have recovered enough that he was tearing up the league once again.

19. PatriotWarrior

Luckily for the Pats Hernandez is almost certain to be back at 100% by Thursday. So Fells or Shiancoe can fill Gronk's spot for the time being. This does mean the run game will suffer without the best blocking TE on the field, but at least Hernandez can help improve the passing game.

Hoping for a good game to end Thanksgiving night.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

This game will pretty much determine if the Jets have any shot at the playoffs. A loss on Thursday will pretty much end the season IMO.