tebows throwing motion

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by alleycat9, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Succinct statement of two common arguments by the ever-vigilant Tebow detractors:

Monday: It was a huge mistake for the Jets to bring in Tebow -- the circus he brings puts pressure on the whole organization because of all the baggage and off-the-field hype and attention. This move will destroy civilization as we know it, and the Jets should have known that.

Tuesday: Why didn't any other team bring in Tebow? It can only be for football reasons, i.e. that he can't play at all. If he could play at all, 30 teams would have lined up.

2. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

oh... i get it now. Its because he would cost 7.5 million... even though according to you guys all he does is win.

Jesus f'ing christ! I have never heard more excuses for a shitty player in my life!!!

NOBODY WANTS TEBOW!!!! and it has nothing to do with his contract!

NOT A SINGLE COACH wants him on their team... ONLY 2 TEAMS wanted tebow and it was THE OWNERS!!!

get over it!

TEBOW sucks!

3. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

notice you don't refute anything i say.

4. TTTTebowAndTheJets

So much hate

5. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

It's cute how hostile he is. Affected much?

6. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

You're witnessing Tebowmania in full force.

Phaytal/Jetsetter/Concerned: Carrying the Hate Torch since 2010.

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

According to Adam Schefter, it was at least five.

8. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Jetsetter34, dismiss these facts from tumblr. My post count does not allow links.

Thank God I'm Not A Jets Fan

I need help.

I’ve pleaded for help in different ways before and it probably had something to do with Tim Tebow, but here I am again begging for help I probably don’t deserve.

So here it is: I can’t stop watching the train wreck that it is the New York Jets. The collective groans in my household are growing each Sunday as I insist on watching grown men in green with white trim or white with green trim masquerade as football players.

And it just gets worse as the stories roll this week in the New York papers and throughout the national media.

First, in defense of the anonymous cowards on the New York Jets who threw Tebow under the bus in the New York Daily News article, they were partially responding to running back Shonn Greene’s assertion Monday that basically implied the Jets might as well as try Tebow.

According to the article written by Manish Mehta and published in the Daily News Wednesday, “More than a dozen Jets players and members of the organization painted a sobering picture of the player who rallied the Broncos to the playoffs last season. In their eyes, he’s simply not very good.”

It goes downhill from there.

Remember that this is the same locker room third-string quarterback Greg McElroy ripped after the 2011 season, saying there was “a corrupt mindset”; calling them “extremely selfish”; going on to say they “didn’t care if they won or lost.”
    Rich Cimini, writing for ESPNNewYork.com captured McElroy’s comments in article published Jan. 5.
    McElroy, a rookie last season out of Alabama, should have been sent packing. If you are the starting quarterback with a Super Bowl win or two on your resume, maybe you can call them out.
    Maybe.

Curiously, McElroy wasn’t sent packing. Can we assume, then, he was telling the truth?
    The problem is, two of the players McElroy called out – Santonio Holmes and Bart Scott – are still on the team.
    How does that work?

How it works is that Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum acknowledged rather than disputed McElroy’s comments, saying – in the same article and in response to McElroy’s comments: “Some of the things that happened this year, they can’t happen again. I’ve talked to a number of players besides Greg McElroy, a number of coaches … and we’re going to fix a lot of these problems.”

So fast forward to 2012. Nine weeks in, with the Jets featuring the No. 30 (out of 32) offense and Mark Sanchez rocking the 30th best quarterback rating (out of 33 quarterbacks who qualify), we have Mehta writing more than 12 Jets are blasting Tebow. They are very likely the same Jets who can’t block, can’t catch, and guess what? They can’t tackle either. (The Jets are 17th in total defense and 24th in scoring defense.)

And instead of backing Sanchez, their starter, they blast Tebow. Tebow has been in the game as quarterback for 38 plays this season. Somehow, to protect Sanchez, they lay into the one guy on that team you can bet is going all out. At least when he gets a chance.

On the right team, I think Sanchez is a decent quarterback. I don’t think he’s had a lot around him. But his career statistics – particularly over the 11 games are hard to defend. He has 65 touchdowns and 60 interceptions in 56 games.
    Over Sanchez’s last 11 regular-season starts (the number of starts Tim Tebow made last season), he has thrown for 13 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. Tebow threw for 12 TDs and 6 INTs in 11 starts last year. (Tebow also added six TDs on the ground.)

In those 11 games, Sanchez’s Jets are 3-8; Tebow’s Broncos were 7-4.

One of the arguments many are using to keep Tebow on the sidelines is that because the Jets defense is so poor, they cannot afford to put in a quarterback who can only win 13-10 games. But over the last 11 games, the Jets scored 206 points. Over Tebow’s 11 regular-season games last year? 204 points.

By the way, can we stop this talk of last year being a case of Denver’s defense being the reason they won? Believe it or not, they were 24th in both total defense and scoring defense.

The Tebow-led Broncos beat the Vikings, 35-32, in a shootout; the Raiders, 38-24; and the Steelers, 29-23, in overtime in the playoffs.

There were some stinkers and he could stink it up for long stretches at times. Just like any other young quarterback learning the game.

Another argument to keep Tebow out is he can’t stretch the field vertically. In 17 games in 2011, the Pittsburgh Steelers gave up 11 pass plays of 30 of more yards. They gave up five of those in the playoff loss to Tim Tebow and the Broncos.

Tebow was the only quarterback to complete a third-down pass of more than 30 yards against Pittsburgh last season. None of those 30-yard-plus passes were slip screens. All of them were caught at least 15 yards downfield.
    Only Tebow and Warren Moon have thrown four 30-yard-plus passes in one quarter in the postseason since the modern era of pro football began in 1960.

In the previous 10 years, the Steelers had given up only two 50-yard pass plays. Two. In that playoff game, Tebow hit three of more than 50 yards. Tebow stands alone as the only playoff quarterback in the modern era to throw three 50-yard-plus passes in a playoff game.

Tebow is one of three quarterbacks who have thrown for 300 yards, run for a touchdown, and not thrown an interception in a playoff game. The others? Joe Montana and Aaron Rodgers.

Want more? Tebow was only the fifth quarterback since 1970 to throw for 300 yards and two TDs in his postseason debut.
    Counting the postseason, Tebow has thrown for 300 yards twice in his first 15 professional starts. Don’t yell ‘blasphemy’ when I point out Tom Brady and Drew Brees also threw for 300 yards just twice in their first 15 starts. Rodgers had three.

Another argument is that he came from a spread offense in college. He was a running quarterback. Really? How do you think Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper, David Nelson, and Aaron Hernandez came out of Florida so highly regarded?
    Tebow, in fact, set the Southeastern Conference’s records for career passing efficiency and – when he graduated – was second all-time in NCAA history.

Not that the Jets would know anything about character, heart, and desire, but Tebow demonstrated all three against Florida State Nov. 24, 2009. Playing with a broken (non-throwing) hand, he threw for three touchdowns and ran for two more in a 45-12 victory. His hand was in a cast for three weeks following the game.

In 2010, Tebow started three games at the end of the season. He was named the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week twice that season. Only two other players – Sam Bradford and Rob Gronkowski, both season-long starters, earned that honor twice that season.
    In one of his starts, he rallied the Broncos to a 24-23 win over the Texans – the first of eight fourth-quarter comeback or overtime victories he has had in 16 career starts including the postseason.
    In this – his second start in the NFL, he threw for 308 yards and a touchdown as well as running for another touchdown. And on that particular week, he wasn’t even named Rookie of the Week.

I could go on.

This is the “terrible” Tim Tebow – the one who has never gone into preseason or into a regular season with first-team quarterback reps.

Don’t get me wrong, though. I don’t want the Jets to start Tebow. This isn’t the Broncos who were motivated enough to pick up their game and win eight of his 13 starts in 2011.

This is the New York Football Jets. This is a team many thought – wrongly – Tebow could rescue.

One, this team isn’t capable of being rescued by anyone. The only thing over the last 25 games they have demonstrated is that they can point fingers. (And most of those finger-pointers are keeping their digits anonymous.)
    Two, Tebow can’t rescue any team – nor can any player – as a backup. The leader of a team – usually the quarterback – has to demonstrate his leadership on the practice field, the playing field, and in his personal life. He has to be in the game as a starter.

The last thing this team wants is a backup quarterback/wildcat quarterback/punt protector with a work ethic getting more attention than they get.

In any work environment, those getting the job done are always downgraded by those who are lazy. With “lazy” comes blaming others – both in a way that reflects their true beliefs and in a way that keeps the spotlight off their own performance.

Tebow’s career may never get off the ground, but if he starts for the Jets he may be permanently grounded. Do you think the majority of the players on this offense – on this team – would want him to succeed? When he enters the game, do you think they are all going to block for him? That they are all going to catch for him?

I have thought – until I looked up the statistics (and there are more) – that I am just like all the rest of the blind Tebow followers: ignorant of the facts in the face of his inability to be a professional quarterback. Now, having seen the light – I don’t think so.

Maybe I’m wrong. But Timothy Richard Tebow has earned the chance to prove himself.

I don’t like to be like the hundreds of talking and writing heads who think they can predict the future of this player and that player; and this game and that game, but I will allow myself this fantasy:
    Let Josh McDaniels get the Chiefs head coaching job.
    Let the Chiefs acquire Tim Tebow.
    Let the good times roll.

Even as I’ll watch Sunday’s episode with the Rams (CBS, 1) and Thursday’s episode with the Patriots (NFL Network, 8:20), I’ll also add this when I give thanks Thursday for all the many things I have:
    Thank God I’m not a Jets fan.

I still need help, but I don’t need that much help.

#128 danangmarine68, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  9. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

same old crap. ignore the defense holding other teams to around 15 pts in 5 of his wins... ignore the fact that he needed luck to win the bears game when the rb didnt stay in bounds. or the on sides kick recovery in miami. ignore the fact that he went 1-4 in his last 5 games, ignore the fact that with the same team the broncos are averaging almost double the points this year as they did last year when tebow was in. ignore the fact that he hasnt earned a starting spot YET 3 years into his career, even though he sists behind a horrible qb and sat behind another one in denver, until it got so bad they gave up and handed the reigns to Tebow.

Ignore the fact that his home fucking team didn't even want him in JAX, it was the owner only!

Ignore the fact that JAX has gabbert...gabbert for christ sake!!! and the coaches still wanted nothing to do with tebow.

Ignore the fact that the trade deadline came and went with nary a sniff for Tebows services...

Nah, its everyone but you tebots.

10. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

Yeah. See im the only real Jets fan out of the you and me and he has done nothing to make this team better. all he has done is caused a rift and an explosion in media coverage. so yeah, I hate the fact that Tebow is a Jet. He can go somewhere else and stink at least I wouldnt have to read 99 out of a 100 Jet's articles that only talk about a back up QB.

11. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

yeah... where were the offers then? Unless you pony up...then you arent serious.

I'm sure there are plenty of players that coaches "want" without ever really thinking they would go after them.

12. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Feeling's mutual bud!

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

So it was just like a booty call where they called and hung up?

Seems more likely that the focus centered on two teams that Tebow was most interested in, and that were offering the most.

14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Tebow being intersted in the Jets and Jags had absolutely zero to do with those teams being the finalists. Once the Broncos front office had all the offers in, the best came from the Jets and Jags. It seems that no other teams were willing to give up anything near that, otherwise they would have been a finalist.

Once Elway realized that the best he could get for Tebow was a cheese sandwich, or a slightly bigger cheese sandwich, he said fuck it and let Tebow choose his team.

#134 phaytal, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Seems like it -- common sense dictates no one was willing to offer more.

But there were more than those teams that wanted to add Tebow to their roster. So people shouldn't misrepresent the facts and say "nobody wanted him" or "only two teams wanted him." Based on the only information, that is false.

I've pointed that out numerous times, and usually somebody responds just as you did -- well, nobody was willing to give more than a 4th. Which seems obvious. Sometimes I think you Vigilant Tebow Detractors secretly cherish the notion that Tebow's fans don't understand that or need to be reminded. We get it. It happened.

At some point, actual football starts, and we enjoy watching and speculating what teams and players might exceed expectations, or fall below them. It's beyond boring to constantly repeat "Player _______ can't possibly do well because of what happened with his draft/contract/trade status."

16. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Tebow's accuracy woes compare more to Mike Vick early in his career. I am not sure tebow will clean it up though.

Tebow would mean more wins, as we saw today, less QB turnovers means the Jets win, and Tebow turns the ball over less than Sanchez. Plus with the lack of talent at WR a running QB might help.

At the end of the day Tebow is a pretty unique player. I'm not sure he will turn into steve young, but at the same time he is worth trying to fix...if you ever got him to improve his accuracy even slightly (ie to 55-60%) he would be a hell of a QB.

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I would give sanchez away for a shit sandwich if I were getting Manning.

18. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

"same old crap", the only "same old crap" is spewing forth from your pie hole. Did you even read the post I provided or are you so obtuse as to start posting without reading. If you did read anything, you must have read the Cliffsnotes version.

Neither I nor the article I posted disputes that.

According to you then, luck doesn't have any affect on some game outcomes. If you believe that then I want some of what you've been drinking.

Never said I ignored that, however it's a lot better than Sanchez's 1-6 record for the last seven games prior to yesterday.

Love your choice of words there. "Almost" covers a multitude of sins. Yes under Tebow the Broncos scored on average 19.3 points per game (ppg) and now under the Forehead they are scoring 29.5 ppg. Also notable to dodge the "defense carried Tebow" argument let me state that last year the Bronco defense allowed 24.4 ppg. This year that defense is allowing 22.7 ppg, so there has been a Whopping 1.7 ppg improvement. According to the talking heads on CBS last night during the Denver game This Bronco defense is much improved over last year. Wow 1.7 ppg is a whopping improvement in whose world?

hasnt? sists? Your english teacher must be real proud of you. Did you forget the starting spot he held at Denver after they benched Orton? Oh I get it, that doesn't count in your fantasy world.

Which owner? I'm having difficulty following your vitriol induced ramblings. Your writing also suffers from a lack of polysyllabic adverbs and adjectives. This is evident by your multiple usage of profanity to make up for this shortcoming. However your profanity does sum up the Jags.

Ditto on the adverbs and adjectives. Are you a member of the Jacksonville front office?

I forgot, you work in the Jets front office and you have access to their trade negotiations.

Since you're so fond of calling people names, it's not the Tebots sweet pea it's all you.

So now that I have tried to acknowledge and provide meaningful responses to all of your statments, can you find any rational fault with the article I posted. Please feel free to correct any non-factual statements in tumblr's blog. Oh and "same old crap" does not constitute a rational response.

19. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Tebow was still good down the stretch of last season for a fumble per game.

The reason he didn't throw as many interceptions is because the coaches didn't let him throw much to begin with... and when he did, most of the passes hit the dirt or were placed in the tenth row. not catchable for receivers and defenders alike.

If you told a defensive coordinator that you probably wouldn't get as many turnovers, but would get 7 or 8 three-and-outs, and likely see the punter 11 or 12 times in the game... I think just about every defensive coordinator would take that.

Less turnovers don't mean much when you do next to nothing with the ball when you have it. That kind of thing works when you have the Baltimore Ravens of 2000 or Tampa Bucs in 2002 where you could win a superbowl with Dilfer or Brad Johnson. But the Jets don't have that defense, and neither did the Broncos when playing a team that actually had an offense. The patriots racked up in the 40s both times they played the Broncos last year.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

A fire plug is better than Tim Tebow