Tebow was wretched, yet again

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by GoldenShowers, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

A fairly reasonably dislike of Tebow? I didn't think it was possible....

2. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

It's not even about ego any more (though that's certainly a part).

Do you think any quarterback, backup or not, would be happy with his team after they took a big heaping dump on him in front of the media? If anybody could handle it, it'd be Tebow, but I wouldn't be shocked if even he's beginning to crack. The hate and criticism this guy gets is through the roof.

You know you're in a bad situation when folks are pointing fingers at the friggin BACKUP qb when their team sucks. Says even more about the Jets' players than it does about Tebow.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Show me where they blamed Tebow? They just pretty much said he sucks as a QB and they would rather have Sanchez as there QB. He has to take the good with bad and the facts. He does suck as a NFL QB.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

maybe it should be blamed on his wacky following and the false expectations put on him. There is a small cult that thinks its not fair that he is on the bench and he can part the waters to the endzone on every play. Then there is the realistic rest of the world that knows he is a really nice guy,but cannot be an everyday capable qb,and shows that to everyone at practice. All the hate,praise or whatever this guy gets is unreasonable,and it more due to his character than his playing ability,but somewhere along the line they got mistaken for eachother

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

i dont dislike him at all. i think bringing him to ny was unfair to him,and the jets coaches and players. He is aplayer that needs to be built around,not the other way. if we weren't going to do that,then throwing him to the wolves 2 or 3 plays to sell tix was bullshit for all

6. TTTTebowAndTheJets

This x100000

7. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

It's really less about Tebow's "nuts" than people want to admit. The chiefs fans were cheering when Matt Cassel got hurt a couple weeks back. Why don't people blame that on Quinnmaniacs? Because it isn't a story the media can sell. It's the sports journalists looking for a big paycheck that keep the "Tebowmania"going. Hell. The haters are infinitely more dogmatic than any Tebow fans I've run into.

Any time a terrible quarterback is starting for a losing team, people want to see him benched. First it was Orton and his spectacularly un-clutch gene. Tebow goes in, and holy shit the Broncos made the playoffs. Somehow one of the worst defenses in the league turned into worldbeaters, and McGahee went from a nobody to the guy carrying the run game.

Now we have Sanchez, who also sucks in new and creative ways, and surprise surprise, people want him benched. It could be Jamarcus Russel next in line, and people would still want to make the change.

8. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

Kinda hard to disagree with that. I'm at the point where I hope he doesn't start for the Jets, no matter how bad Sanchez sucks. This team appears so dysfunctional from top to bottom, it's almost a hopeless cause.

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Sanchez never said anything about that to Tebow though, why does he get the cold shoulder from Tebow who was jumping up and down after a game vs Indy with Sanchez.

Sanchez got the same from the Jet teammates when players privately wanted Peyton Manning and questioned Sanchez....Sanchez never gave anyone a cold shoulder because of those comments.

I get Tebow can be upset about the comments and that he wasn't used much but he's a high character guy who is the ultimate team player....he should be happy his "Good friend" Sanchez who gets as much if not more hate than himself is able to fight off the critics, even if for a few days and help the team get a needed win. No reason to have a deer in the headlights look.

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Its funny you say that...I am kind of similar as a Pro-Sanchez guy only its at the point where I wanted to see Sanchez benched to give fans a taste of how things could be so much more worse, regardless if Tebow or McElroy steps in.

I even kind of wanted Sanchez to leave and get a fresh start elsewhere....

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

This is so, true, when you lose, people want change, end of story! Well execpt in St. Louis, because everbody knows Kellen Clemens sucks.

12. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I didn't see him looking any different than most the other players I saw. Game clock was winding down, teh whole Jets bench slow walked out towards mid field, yada, yada, yada. No one was jumping up and down or anything like that. Hell, his demeanor was no different than Sanchez's or Rex's.

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Seeing Bradford Fing up on the field must be boring to him, he already saw that movie in the 2008 National Championship Game.

14. Demosthenes9

Hutch already dealt with the zone read stuff. WRT the fake punt, it was perfectly set up. The problem was execution of blocking assignments. You do know what blocking is, don't you ?

Purdum, the long snapper, missed his block on the MLB, Laurinaitis .

[​IMG]

In this pic, you can see the MLB about 1 yard to the left of Purdum. All Purdum has to do is get in between Laurinaitis and where the play is going, doesn't have to stop him completely, just slowing him down would be fine.

[​IMG]

In this pic, you see that big gigantic assed hole the Laurinaitis is standing in ? If he wasn't there, it's a HUGE gainer.

Yeah, I know, it probably comes as a shock to you, but in the NFL, blocking is required even on fake punt plays.

15. Demosthenes9

Doh. Nice one :)

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

He should had saw they had there D still out there expecting a fake. Oh that right Tebow has problem reading a D. So that was his high school,college coach fault.

17. Demosthenes9

Doesn't matter that the base D was out there. The alignment was right for the play to be a go. All they needed was for Purdum to make his assigned block. As I said, it's not like he even had to stand Laurinaitis up or pancake him. All he had to do was get in his way. There was a hole that appears to have been about 10 yards wide, and the only one in a position to make a play would have been the kick returner standing 40 yards down the field.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Though he has to regonize that the normal D is there, ever since the Texans game they used a standard D set to stop Tebow, but effects a punt return setup. I think the Jets lead the NFL in punt coverage.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Dang, if Laurinaitis wasn't there that shovel pass was going to the house.

20. Demosthenes9

Ummm, he does recognize when normal D is in. Them being in there doesn't matter. They don't get a "heckler's veto" simply by leaving normal D in.

FTR, the Texans left their normal D in and we sure as hell ran a fake punt on them anyways.

Rex and Westhoff have both commented previously on the fact that teams are leaving their normal defense in. If that alone was determinant of whether or not we ran a fake punt, you can be sure they would have instructed Tebow not to do it.