QB Options Not On Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

we signed a decent backup his name was Drew Stanton and thanks to the Tebow BS we lost him,were gonna have to try again in the draft one day and a good QB isn't gonna solve all our problems look at RG3 he is having a good rookie year and there 3-6, We need another win now type of team like we had in 2010 with a bunch of veteran guys

#181 LongIslandBlitz, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

with what lane kiffin is doing to matt barkley he may be available in the 4th round... hehe

3. Saiyan316

Saiyan316 New Member

i got an idea. looks like the chargers will be looking to rebuild after this season so we should reach out to them and offer sanchez along with draft picks for phillip rivers.
    I know i'm gonna get killed for this but i wish it would happen. then maybe sign reggie bush and peyton hillis to jump start this ground and pound. of course we would let shon green go.

4. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

A team looking to rebuild will not want to even go near Mark Sanchez.

5. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

I think Kiffin will be available for head coach job next season too. His wife is so hot that they will enjoy more media exposure than ***** does.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Honestly I'd rather spend a 3rd round draft pick on Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib or Zac Dysert and try and build an offense while they develop on the bench. There's not really a great QB in this class. I like Geno Smith, but he'll be overdrafted and isnt an elite prospect. You draft a RB in the 2nd round and build the OL up and see if the QB develops and can take the job in 2014.

I would take Matt Moore instead of Sanchez next year and let the rookie develop. If we end up in a position to draft Teddy Bridgewater or an elite QB in 2014, do it.

7. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

I think they should get somebody like Garrard or Campbell for a year or two while they wait for a QB they like or develop one.

8. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I see a lot of Pack games, and Glennon has a low completion percentage this year. However, the kid has an absolute rocket for an arm, and he's 6'6. There has been rumors that he might move into round 1 though. If he was around in round 3, he should be snapped up. He'll need (at least) another season on the bench to develop.

9. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Good Defense vs a bad defense.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah he reminds me of Joe Flacco... Elite arm, but raw coming out of college. There has been talk of him as a 1st rounder, but I dont see it on tape. If he was a first rounder it would be solely because of his arm talent.

He would be of good value in the 2nd round and would be a good developmental pick then. He has some decision making problems and sometimes throws of his back foot which results in a bad throw.

If TeO or Jones arent their when we pick I would love to trade back, pick up an extra 2nd and try and rebuild this offense.

11. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I hate it when people are on the fence like this. Just tell us how you really feel.....no wushu washy stuff here bub.

12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'd much rather take a chance and draft a qb then suffer through Philip Rivers (not like the Chargers would want Sanchez anyway).

13. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

This is the best idea.

14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Finally someone is saying the one guy that I have been hyping and that is Ryan Nassib. Late round pick, big kid, strong arm and can make all the throws....

15. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I think the same goes for EJ Manuel if he is around in the 2nd. BTW- Teo would be amazing!

16. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

he is smart as well.

As an SU guy, I love me some Nassib, but one second he will make an NFL throw, and the next throw is a boneheaded dumbfuck throw into double coverage that should get picked off. Now, he hasn't done that over the last 2-3 weeks, but the majority of his career he has.

I don't see him becoming an NFL starter. More likely he stumbles into a Jim Sorgi type career path where he is a career backup. But hell, I'd love to see him become a big time NFL player.

17. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I think they all suck. I also think I'm in the minority when I say Sanchez is a better option than that whole list.

18. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Whether he is or not is irrelevant. He very well may be, but the team needs to move in a new direction. I've gone from a bad girlfriend to a worse girlfriend before, but that doesn't make me want the bad girlfriend back. Just makes you want a better one or none at all. By that logic, we need to try to find a better QB or play without a QB altogether.

19. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

if the Jets got that scumbag Vick I wouldn't want another Jets game until he was gone, whether that be 1 year or 8

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You don't want a 3rd round QB, or a 4th round QB or a latter half of 2nd round QB. Now and then one of those guys proves out but generally speaking there is a reason that they were left to slip that low and that reason gets exposed once they hit the NFL and people get a lot of film on them.

You want a 1st rounder or a high 2nd. That's where the vast majority of good QB's are found.

Given the talent in the draft next year at QB I think the only place that it makes sense for the Jets to draft a QB is in the first dozen picks of the 2nd round. If one of the guys projected to go in the 1st slips to there due to the league being pretty happy with itself at QB right now and the number of guys with a nominal 1st round grade then that's where the Jets should take their shot.

If the move works out then they are golden because they have a QB on a 2nd round contract for a few years. If it doesn't work out then they dodged the bullet of having a 1st round QB not work out.

If Andrew Luck was out there it would be a different story, but he's not. 2013 is just not 2012 no matter how hard the Jets wish it was.