Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

#281 catfish, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

If Tebow is terrible, that must make our defense an abortion.

Seeing how it was, you know, Tim Tebow who drove 98 yards in 4 minutes against the very defense that is now throwing stones.

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Putting in Tebow wouldn't quiet them, it would just fuel the fire for 2013. If Sanchez survives STL and NE then it's in this organization's best interest to use the remaining games of the season to litmus test Sanchez for 2013. We know Tebow won't be here starting in 2013 so we may as well evaluate our QBs in contention for the job as opposed to acknowledging in November 2012 that a very expensive Mark Sanchez won't be needed in 2013.

4. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

What's everyone all up in arms about? The players are fed up with the Tebow questions (not TT fault - blame the media). Anonymous or not, they are saying what everyone else is thinking and they are the ones who see the QB's in practice.

I don't have a problem with anything manish reported and i dont' see this as a "Locker Room split". This is media bullshit. nothing more, nothing less. we are still a talent-less team either way.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

6. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Haha, excuse me -- you're right.

Sanchez ranks 25th in passing yards. As a team, the Jets rank 28th in passing yards. So while Sanchez has escaped the bottom five by a razor's edge, the amalgamation of QB injury replacements for other teams have indeed surpassed him in both total passing yards and total yards per game. How proud he must be.

We are tied for slots 24-27 in passing touchdowns.

And while Sanchez is 'merely' tied for slots 18-22 in interceptions, he is also tied for #30 in fumbles lost.

These are his most favorable rankings that you felt compelled to draw attention to. Thank you for proving my point.

7. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Well, Orton could easily have won 5 of the 7 Tebow did. It's a guess what might have happened in the others.

that's my point. People are praising Tebow for turning a team around, when almost every starting QB in the league and at least half the backups in the league have a pretty good record against teams that score 15 points or less.

Wanna pat Tebow on the back for doing it, fine. I just don't see how you guys come up with the idea that it was all or mostly Tebow's doing.

Orton himself has a record of 23-2 when that happened. so what makes you think he couldn't have won those games? I thought Tebow did really well in the Minnesota game, but otherwise, I came away thinking they lucked out and won in spite of him most of the time. Offensive production was up under Orton. It just stands to reason to me to think if he only needed to score between 13-16 points to win, he could have had an easier time doing it.

Orton was horrid, but he averaged just over 20 points per game. If you don't think he could have put up the kind of numbers against the teams they faced when they often only needed 13-16, i don't know what to tell ya. I think you're kidding yourself. If you like him, that's fine. Sure, he contributed at times. But I think anyone that sthinks he didn't help put the Broncos in a hole, and did his fair share of hurting the offensive production is lying to themself.

#287 Concerned_Citizen, Nov 14, 2012
  8. VanderbiltJets

I'm sure the NY Giants are still asking themselves how they blew a 21-0 fourth quarter lead to Vince Young... Luckily the Jets realized it was an anomaly and stopped caring.

9. VanderbiltJets

Your point was making a bold statement about Sanchez and it happened to be incorrect.

And you can't take team Pass Yds into account obviously, Tebow and a WR corps unbecoming of even Vanderbilt Football skews it downward. But, despite all of this, being 25th in Pass Yds is relatively impressive. Give Sanchez Holmes and he's near the middle of the pack.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If he had a lights out preseason, this article may have not come out.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

12. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

are you happy, woody johnson? are you fucking happy?

13. VanderbiltJets

He's just blaming it all on Obama.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Seeing Skip Bayless rant today was epic.

15. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

It amazes me that our fanbase will sit here and bash him when the last legitament football 95% of us have seen of Tebow was of him literally making us his bitch.

16. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I hate the whole anonymous quote thing. It doesn't say much about anyone who doesn't put their name behind it. It also doesn't say anything about the guy writing the story. One day after Cimini writes that there is no fracture in the lockeroom Meta tries to top him. We went thru this before with Meta. He's a guy with no credibility at all. You can go into any workplace and it's not hard to find someone that will say something negative about a coworker This only a story because it's the Jets and Tebow. Poor job by Meta

17. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

And Obama is blaming it all on Bush.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Man the Tebots are turning on Manish, check out Twitter!!!

19. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

sell the fucking team, Mr."My name sounds like an erect penis"

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Oh yeah he really made us his bitch in the that game by leading the team to 1 touchdown when our defense was gassed and Sanchez played like shit the whole game.

#300 Barcs, Nov 14, 2012