Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Really? The Jets don't need to have any decent human beings amd good teammates on the team that will bring down the rest of the guys. OK :up:

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

////////////////////

3. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

way to twist what i said man, and i thought u were a decent poster.

one poster agreed with me a few pages back and made the point clear. Most of the players are GOOD DUDES but Tebow is a different breed. He lives to the standards of the other world and his mere presence in the lockeroom with his outspokenness reminds the rest of the players that despite the fact they are also good people they cannot live up to the heavenly scrutiny that tebow has decided to bear.

4. VanderbiltJets

When will man discover Pass yds, Yds/game, Pass TDs, and INTs?

5. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

I'd imagine a lot of it has to do with the fact that Tebow is a terrible practice player and he's getting so much media attention. I mean, Tebow's best plays are when he evades a pass rusher and things break down. That happens all the time in games. In practice, never. What you see in practice is Sanchez throwing beautiful spiral after beautiful spiral while Tebow clunks balls 3 yards short, 7 yards long, makes the pass too late, doesn't make the right decision, etc. It's a no-brainer that Sanchez would be a much, much better practice player.

That being the case, after watching Tebow suck it up in practice, it must get frustrating to be asked over and over about whether or not he should take over. The natural reaction is "uh... no."

I also think there's a degree of self preservation associated with all of this. A Tebow style offense isn't good for status quo players. You need different offensive linemen, bigger receivers, and better blockers at TE. And WRs can kiss the chance of seeing more than 2-3 catchable passes in a game goodbye. In a lot of cases, asking offensive players if Tebow is the answer is equivalent to asking if they believe they need to play a smaller role in the offense.

But at the end of the day, Tebow is a guy that never would've started a game at QB if you judged him on his practice ability. In HS, they wanted to move him to the defensive front seven. In college, Brantley was supposedly a far better practice player. Last year, Fox sounded just like Ryan -- "Orton gives us the best chance to win".

I don't know if Tebow would improve upon last year or be exposed as a fluke if he took over here. I really don't know. But I do know that what you see in practice means absolutely nothing. He's NEVER going to look like an NFL quarterback in artificial practice situations without a pass rush.

6. VanderbiltJets

Serious question does that negate his ability to "fix any lockerroom" and "bring teammates together under any circumstances"?

7. VanderbiltJets

Conspiracy theories are for the desperate (or the insane).

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The Jets or this thread??

I think it's both!!

9. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

this.............!

10. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

So Orton could have taken them to the playoffs. Nobody thinks Tebow carried the team. But apparently you think the team carried him. That my issue.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Sure other players contribute. But according to you they only contribute when Tebow wins.

But speaking about QBs only. Tebow lead the winning drive as a key player. Mark threw a pick six that gave Tebow a chance to win. Tebow beat Mark head to head - its a pretty simple concept.

Or to put it in your terms:

Our QB lost to the worstest QB in the history of history.

#271 ouchy, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You are assuming something you couldn't possibly know. That in the lockerroom Tebow is somehow trying to foist his beliefs and lifestyle on his teammates.

13. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Rex lost the locker room again, two seasons, two collapses, twice he lost the locker room.

This garbage begins and ends with Santonio Holmes, and Cromartie, both are cancers that need to be cut out.

14. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    On an unrelated note: Tim Tebow will show up on the injury report today (ribs) but will practice fully today. #nyj

15. catfish

catfish New Member

not a theory...it is specifically what Ryan said in his conference, my guess after speaking to Slauson. He said he found it interesting that those were made a long time ago.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Any guess who is this"unmamed player is"? It has to be Cromartie, no question in my mind. He is dumb.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Especially if they lose this week, the Jets need to put Tebow in at QB...

If for no other reason than they can show that he isn't the answer, quiet the Tebow faction, and allow them to move on...

The only thing that would put a wrench in that would be if he were successful. But Sporano has shown no ability to put Tebow in a position to shine, so that shouldn't be an issue.

18. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Well he was named a day or two ago. He already weighed in Monday I think. Remember the fans can kiss his butt?

19. VanderbiltJets

Wow if that's the case then Manish is a dick

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

QFT
    :beer: