Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

I don't know, man. The Jets are a lost cause. Every time it falls apart, they start pointing fingers at each other. Last year it was Sanchez, now it's Tebow and the receivers.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the genuine sentiment in the locker room. This team is so delusional that they want to lay the blame for a 3-6 record on their back-up QB.

Former teammates (Maurkice Pouncey) have already come to Tebow's defense and said he's great. The silence from the Jets is deafening.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This is what Woody wanted so I hope he's happy.

3. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

The jets have the personnel for 25 pt losses that is all...rather than address that we signed a marketing campaign...but hey at least we can run the tebow / wildcat / waste of space in modern football

4. JoshyWaitForItJ

JoshyWaitForItJ New Member

Even our beat writers do not care about the good of the team. If we really wanted to fix this needs to start way at the top wish it was possible to remove Woody from ownership he's the biggest joke of an owner

5. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I agree. That this same thing happened last year with people calling each other out is indicative that Rex does not have control of this locker room. In fact, it appears that there are no team leaders in this locker room. Well run teams don't throw an irrelevant backup QB and the ENTIRE wr corps under the bus like that. I know people think Tebow will be upset by this but I don't think he'll care.

What about the "garbage" wide outs and their relationship with Sanchez. I guess Sanchez didn't throw that ball to Hill in the endzone (the INT play) because he thinks Hill is garbage. That is not exactly a good recipe to build chemistry with anyone or develop them as a player....have anonymous team members saying "you're garbage".

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

How many times do we have to rebuild? I'm sick of this shit, going from 3-4 to 4-3, to 3-4 again (to prob 4-3 again). We can't develop any type of philosophy offensively. It's the circle of bullshit with the Jets. We'll never learn.

7. Matty

Matty New Member

First this "reporter" manish is throwing a pile of it in this article, doesn't know football but has to get a piece of the Jets train wreck, to get his run of the gravy train.

and if any of this were really true and a number of Jets teammates told this loser anything, Rex has lost this team and the jets are way worse off than I thought.

Even the idiot part of the fan base wants to blame Tebow for this season...Pathetic on many levels.

8. Cribb

Cribb New Member

It's not the beat writer's job to care about the good of the team. They are there to communicate to fans. Not do the will of the team.

9. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

This is my most favorite Jets article all season. Now I wish a Jet would have the balls to tell a reporter that Sanchez is terrible.

10. Potzer

Potzer New Member

This story is about trying to get Ryan fired. Not about Sanchez/Tebow/Slauson despite what it appears on the surface.

They're laying the ground work for the smear campaign to follow.

11. june19

june19 Active Member

They are a bunch of loosers finding excuses for they lack of performance.noone wants to admit they suck.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

12. catfish

catfish New Member

profootballfocus.com wrote a response

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/14/mark-sanchez-the-real-problem/

Just when you think the New York Jets can’t sink any lower, they do this.

In an effort to “support” their franchise quarterback, they’ve taken to ripping into Tim Tebow. Obviously their woes are all down to Tebow, that notorious rebel rousing trouble maker. So more than a few, some with the audacity to even give their name, have laid into the former Bronco in this piece by Manish Mehta.

It has to be read to be believed.

Besides the lack of awareness these players show and how awful it makes them as teammates (because you know Tebow is on their team just as much as their starting quarterback), it shows a continuing problem throughout the Jets organization.

They just keep making excuses for Mark Sanchez.

He’s young and learning. His receivers aren’t good enough. His line is terrible.

All we ever hear are excuses for why Mark Sanchez plays poorly. How about this for a novel concept. Hold the man accountable and when he struggles punish him for it. Bench him. Make him feel threatened. Obviously the pampering he gets isn’t helping him and motivating him to be a better player. Let’s take a look at how he has played the past few years.

Year PFF Grade PFF Rank Qualifying Quarterbacks
    2009 -26.5 39th 40
    2010 -8.9 28th 37
    2011 -27.4 37th 38
    2012 -12 32nd 34
    Our grading isn’t flawless. But why is he consistently near the bottom? We account for things like dropped passes and how receivers impact a quarterback. We even developed a signature stat that takes this into account. Our adjusted accuracy percentage treats drops as completion and doesn’t factor thing likes throw aways and spikes. How does ‘The Sanchize’ do? Well see for yourself.

Year Adjusted % Rank Qualifying Quarterbacks
    2009 63.9 38th 39
    2010 67.1 34th 36
    2011 66.8 31st 36
    2012 64.1 34th 34

I know people want to blame the offensive line for giving up a load of pressure but look at the numbers. How often is Sanchez under pressure compared to his peers? This is one table where the lower your ranked means your facing less pressure. Sanchez consistently spends a smaller percentage of his time under pressure than those around the league, and that includes any pressure he brings on himself.

Year Plays Under Pressure Rank Qualifying Quarterbacks
    2009 23.6 37th 39
    2010 27.9 30th 36
    2011 27.3 29th 36
    2012 30.3 19th 34
    It probably just seems more than it is because he performs so badly when he is under pressure. Have a look at his adjusted accuracy percentage when he’s pressured.

Year Adjusted Acc. % Under Pressure Rank Qualifying Quarterbacks
    2009 52.7 31st 39
    2010 49.1 36th 36
    2011 49 34th 36
    2012 49.2 34th 34
    The sad thing is I need to stop myself. I have probably 10 more tables that will highlight how woeful Mark Sanchez has consistently been for the Jets but you already know this. He fails the eye test nearly every time he steps onto a field, and what’s more he doesn’t look all that much better than the rookie we saw step onto the field in 2009. Yes he has won some playoff games but don’t go thinking that was because of his brilliance. That was because of the guys around him. So poor has he been that he has conditioned us to praise him for simply not making the mistakes that have characterized his career.

That the Jets coaches and players can’t see this, and don’t want something done about this speaks volumes for where they appear to be heading. Full scale rebuild.

At this point what do the Jets have to lose by playing Tebow? His accuracy may be even worse than Sanchez, and his mechanics remain sluggish, but he has always been a better game-time quarterback than a practice player, and he does have the ability to spark an offense and be a leader of men.

I didn’t think it possible but Sanchez has been so bad but I genuinely believe the Jets have a better chance of winning with a quarterback like Tebow. And I get why people would disagree with that, which is why if the Jets don’t want to go down that road you have to start looking at Greg McElroy and seeing what he’s got.

But the Jets need to make a change at quarterback. It doesn’t need to be permanent but their bury their heads in the sand approach to Mark Sanchez isn’t working. What’s more if they’re not careful it’s going to cost a lot of people their jobs when the season is over.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Did anyone expect Tebow to get better with the Douche's we have on the Offensive side of the CS??? OC & QB coach are a joke right now...

Hey wait....
    I used a Sanchez excuse in Tebows favor?
    Geee... lmao

14. Ted

Ted Member

I can't help but wonder how much more Rex can deal with before losing it at the podium.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it looks like manish mehta decided to put the hot sauce on ryan and tannenbaum.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: The anonymous sources strike again. Probably a load of shit, although the media being negative to Tebow almost never happens. I'd rather trade the guy, to be honest, just because Sparano seems to have no clue when to use him.

17. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

So - not much going on today.....

Sanchez has the full support of the team and the coaches - all is well. Keep doing what you are doing.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm waiting for him to deck Sparano, or maybe even Woody Johnson?

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Haha this is hilarious

20. june19

june19 Active Member

You are right, they need to talk about sanchez, hes the starter, he the one making mistakes every week, this guys are unbelievable. Great post bro.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2