Frustration gets to Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That false start frustrated me as well, but it should have never been called. Bring Tebow in when we're 4 yards out on 2nd down. On 3rd and 1 we should run with Greene.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

No, no, no, no and no.

Hell, your own statement contradicts your logic. IF it's fine to bring Tebow in at QB when we are 4 yards out, then it's fine to bring him in at 1 yard out. Why in the world would the number of yards out make a difference when it comes to Keller being bone headed and having a false start >?

On 3rd and 1, they should being Tebow in and Keller should do his damned job and not get a penalty.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Because when Tebow comes in, whether its his fault or not, the offense is completely disjointed and lost. They are scrambling around like its a fucking fire drill and its almost always struggle to get the snap in on time anyway.

I'm not making excuses for Keller because he shouldn't have jumped but everyone on the line and in the backfield was lost on that play. It's more complicated than just Tebow can pick it up.. - Not to mention, Tebow provides a different voice inflection, different cadance, etc than Sanchez, the guy that just took them down the field. When you are in a hostile environment you don't want to create any disadvantages like that and switching QBs can really throw everything off, as we saw.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Because that's when WC is most effective. 2nd and short when the playbook is wide open and at worst you get to try again on 3rd. Low risk, high reward. On 3rd and 1 you go all in. It was actually 2nd and 2, not 4. 2nd and 2 at the goal line should be Tebow. 3rd and 1, just run it with Greene. Keller shouldn't have gotten the penalty, yes, but the play should never have been called in the first place. There's too much disorganization when we switch QBs over and over. The announcers even mentioned it's been haunting us all season. We need more no huddle and hurry up offense IMO. We let the play clock go all the way down almost every play and let the defense get fully set, especially Tebow plays.

#124 Barcs, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  5. Demosthenes9

Oh good lord. Before we go any further on this, do you have any idea what Power-O is ?

6. Demosthenes9

Again, no. If the problem was Tebow's inflection, voice, or cadence, this wouldn't be what I believe is the first time for false start penalties.

yes, there have been issues with personnel, but when that has happened, we've called timeouts. Everyone was in position, everyone was settled. Then Keller had to screw the pooch.

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Post-Schotty I don't think I can advocate for an imaginative offense without feeling extremely nauseous.