Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Do you want a new GM? As others pointed out to me,
    A new GM usually picks his coach

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

What positive steps is he talking about? Has he lost his mind?

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

someone i think it was tttebowandthejets posted a link yesterday that talked about guys bonus money that tehy would get if they hit certain play time incentives. it talked about ducasse coming in every third series to limit his and slausons plays.

it also talked about how if tebow plays a certain percent of his plays he makes a ton more money than he does if he plays only sparingly. i dont want to believe it but it is entirely possible that the this douchy front office is calling the shots on playing time. which is even more of a reason to get that fucktard tannenbaum out of there.

rex would follow. and at this point i really dont know how i feel about that. the fucking guy sounds like todd hoffman from goldrush everytime he speaks to the media at this point.

4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

If I went to my boss and said "sorry, I was unable to meet the basic responsibilities of my position", the next words out of his mouth would be "you're fired". Rex Ryan admitted last season that he lost the team and was out of touch with the locker room. This is tantamount to saying "i'm unable to do my job." Look, I guess he gets a pass for this year because of the mountain of injuries, but I think that, after watching him for four seasons now, and watching the team steadily decline, his ability to be an effective NFL head coach has to be called into question.

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

At first I wanted to give Rex another year. But the way he is handling this making me insane. He needs to grow some balls and make a move or else he'll be sent packing with Marky Mark.

6. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

I think a majority of us would agree that to have a bad year with a severe lack of talent not to mention your marquis players on each side of the ball going down with serious injuries, we could come to terms with this season not going well and cut Rex slack. That said, it's not so much the result as it's Rex handling this situation the way he is.

I'm really wondering where this team even goes from this year. It's not a quick fix, so if it just becomes Rex riding the hot seat into a do-or-die 2013 season, firing him after 2012 wouldn't be that crazy. There's more holes on this team than you could fill with a handful of decent draft picks.

7. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I think if this was solely Rex's decision Tebow would be starting right now. They owe Sanchez a lot of money so he's starting. This season is over, but with the way the Jets are playing we have a legit show at a top 5 draft pick.

Beef up the O-Line, fire Sparano, Sanchez gets one more year, there's no one else anyway.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I do, I do!

I can't stand Tannenbaum. Fuckin ass clown. Remember when he looked for character guys during the Mangini years? Then he switched when Ryan came aboard. It is as if Tannenbaum is a puppet.

I was not for Ryan in the first place so I will be happy when he goes bye bye.

9. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Rex can justifiably be fired for keeping with Sparano who clearly has to go, sticking with the wildcat, doing nothing to change things up. If our defense doesn't score two TDs we lose...

Rex just goes out week to week stating how "they have to get better" and he "knows this offense can be better", guess what, it stinks, it's really really bad. You're the coach make some obvious moves like remove pieces that aren't working and supplement with ones that might. You can't just say that they'll get better and just keep doing the same thing week to week and expect a different result.

Sparano should've been canned at the bye, his offensive play-calling is laughably bad, he calls the same wildcat plays every game, there are games where he'll have Tebow run the same play four times, he may have a total of 8 snaps and four of them are the same play?

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

there is no doubt that Rex Ryan energized the team and fanbase his first two years, but his ability to maintain that through putting on the field a fundamentally sound football team is really in question. the offense is absolutely putrid and he has zero ability to correct it. and his defense is almost as bad.

we try to blame the offense for the defenses woes, but when Pete Carroll says the defensive front for the Jets is so bad technically that the OL blew past them, you have to question Ryan's ability to field a team that knows what they are doing. the rah rah go kick their ass hysteria eventually dies down, and you need to play sound fundamental football to succeed. the Jets aren't doing that this year. as has been stated, they are poorly prepared come game day, and that is coaching.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb..._sanchez_VnPw2jT7ZZhy97DRGi3GcI#axzz2C89fiYpL
    if this was the first time our defense was question maybe it could be ignored. but it isn't. and when coupled with how many first drive points our defense has given up, which can't be blamed on the offense, it is clear we have a serious defensive problem that can't be blamed solely on the talent level.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it has also been pointed at that new GM's are usually hired when the team is bad, and that usually occurs when the coach has proven to be bad and needs to be replaced. they don't bring in new coaches arbitrarily, they do so because the previous coaching accomplishments demand it.

GM's from good teams with good coaches hardly get replaced, so the pool of examples don't necessarily apply to the Jets situation. it isn't an absolute where new GM's will simply replace the coach regardless of who he is. the question becomes would the new GM believe Rex is the right coach based on his previous success, or whether he is the wrong coach based on his recent failures. not because he simply wants to arbitrarily bring in a new coach. if the Packers or 49ers GM retired, they wouldn't fire Harbaugh or McCarthy.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That's my biggest problem. Tanny sucks at evaluating talent and some of these contracts he has given out over the past few years are horribly biting us in the ass right now. However, I do like Rex. The guy finally gave us a face and has shown he can get us to where we need to be. Just the talent is clearly not there right now.

Not really sure what this offseason is in need for the Jets.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Rex is still one of the best coaches the Jets have had in their history. He's staying until the end of next season at the very least.

14. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I definitely want a new GM....but I also want Rex to stay at least another year. The problem is that displacedfan is right. Anybody know of examples of GM changes where they kept the coach for any significant period of time?

15. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

The Giants, Eagles and Titans come to mind.

16. Harrier Manc-Jet

It's too early to consider getting shut of Rex,He is just trying to inflate average players ego's into believing they are better then they are to elevate their play.

I was listening to him on the Michael Kay show and he genuinely sounds like he believes he can do something with this team,that or he is very convincing at disguising his delusion!

17. General Fan

General Fan New Member

then get rid of tanny as quickly as possible

18. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Rex and Mr. T are clueless.

Rex on Hard Knocks (paraphrasing): "Could we keep Woodhead as our 53rd player?? We could play him at receiver but he's so small you can't see him."

Maybin cut now.

Is there any team that makes more bad personnel decisions, or signs, cuts, and re-signs scrub players more than the New York Jets??

19. scarfnation

scarfnation New Member

Pick up Andy Reid when the eagles fire him pls.

20. NewYorkEveryThing

+100000000