What If(A Tebow Question)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jeti, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

If Tebow wasn't our back up QB and it was some no name would people still be calling for Mark's head, would the media do this for anyone other than Tebow.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Maybe,but you have a point, if Brunnell was still the back up would we be hearing Brunnel chants?????Sanchez is lucky it was an away game because the Tebow chants are gonna start next time we have a home game. Tebow has turned into a headache for this orginaztion and it's gonna end up being for nothing in the lone run. I honestly feel bad for Tebow at this point, The Jets should do the right thing and cut him so he can go play somewhere else like Jax, he has little to no trade value anyway

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my thought is that it would not be happening because stanton would already be playing...

which is a goddamn shame.

4. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

There's a section for this kind of thread

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

what does is matter, just answer the question or keep it movin

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

he has value in the off-season for a trade to Jax because their owner will need to sell his season tickets and acquiring Tebow will do just that.

we could get a 3rd and conditional pick for 2014 if we play our cards right but I'm sick of Tebow

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

At this point im sick of Tebow as well only because we aren't using him right at all and it's just becoming a distraction and a media debate nonstop

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

It wasn't as bad as Orton-Tebow last year because they're are other controversies around the league for the talking heads to talk about, like the Eagles.

Honestly, Rex Ryan has gotten the question about "Is Sanchez your starter next week" since Sanchez's rookie year! He would be getting the question about Stanton if he was here too, and the debate would continue.

9. NFL

NFL Active Member

Im so tired of hearing the same shit over and over again in the media. Whoever says that Tebow is not a distraction to this team is delusional. It seems obvious to me that Rex didn't want him, and neither did I. Do you really think that if Rex wanted him he wouldn't be on the field more? Just cut him, another 4th gone to waste. Could of been used on a stud RB.

10. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The media would watch our team unravel and report that . Since we have Tebow it just adds kindling to the fire. They love that too!

We would be creating posts like "Who do you want to see lead the Jets" or " "Which free agent Quarter back do you want to see them bring in next year"

Typical Jets shit!

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Of course they would. The guy has played worse than he has his entire career and only seems to be getting worse. He's supposed to be getting better.

12. catfish

catfish New Member

weren't fans calling for Brunell last year? I am pretty sure I remember them chanting for him at the end of last year. So yes it would still be happening

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Yeah, this. Tebow gets blamed for a "circus" and a "distraction." But he happens to have played behind Kyle Orton and now Mark Sanchez.

If he played for a team with a lockdown starter, it wouldn't even be an issue. He'd be a great guy, a running quarterback who can help in situations, and a backup.

Tebow's fans aren't a problem. Mark Sanchez is a problem.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Its New York

Sanchez is the lowest ranked QB of all the starters this year.

I am pretty sure its not all about Tebow.

15. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

No. If he were backed up by guys like byron Leftwich or some young backup few have heard of, we wouldn't get this kind of hooplah for a switch. Sanchez simply isn't the only problem the Jets have on offense and switching him out still leaves many of the other problems, and that is even IF Tebow won't be a problem.

Tebowmania, which was very much a media creation to begin with, is what is driving that. Tebow draws a crowd from lovers and detractors alike. He generates controversy when he doesn't succeed, and a very compelling story when/if he does succeed.

but if you take the name, "tebow" off of his back, his skillset puts him in the same place countless others who have come and gone forgotten in this league have done before, during, and since then.

He's not the first to come into the league with a burning passion for winning, not the first who can run, not the first to win Heismans. So if it werent for the media driven hype, he'd either have passed through the league barely noticed, .... OR ...he would have quietly sat on the bench to develop with NO pressure to throw him out there on the field wether he was ready or not. I think that probably hurt his progression more than people think.

but NOTHING generates more clicks on an article, and boosts more ratings than Tebow. The press would LOVE it if he started.

#15 Concerned_Citizen, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  16. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Sometimes you're a total buffoon... but every now and then you say something I actually agree with... congrats :up:

17. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

I wish he would have gone to the Steelers, Big ben is great and would keep the shouts down. Tim would have had time to improve in peace and he would be a good back up since he also scrambles and extends plays.

Big ben constantly gets hurt so we would get to see Tim a couple games a yr anyways, untill he would be rdy to be a starter.

18. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

41% completion rating

only 124 yards through the air

2 turnovers, 1 in the red zone.

0 points put on the board by the offense.

Someone would be calling for his head even if I was his back up.

I actually want Mark to do well, but you have to hold him accountable when he is playing badly.

19. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

According to... Passer Rating (30th)? Yds/Game (26th)? Passing Yards (25th)? Passing TDs (22nd)? Interceptions (Tied-10th Most)? Either you're only talking about QBR and Completion % or you're B.S.ing

Obviously. The point is change Tebow's name to Drew Stanton and the QB "controversy" all but disappears. It'd be Sanchez sucks, not Sanchez sucks start Tebow now (which is obviously a huge difference)

#19 VanderbiltJets, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You are splitting hairs. My point was it was New York and Sanchez has been real bad and fans and the media would be vocal regardless of who the back up was but you are right I thought he was ranked 32nd, turns out he is ranked 30th .

[​IMG]