What if we make the switch Tebow, and makes the offense worse?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

If that's the case, then Jets had no intention to start Tebow no matter what from the very beginning. If Tebow knows that there is zero chance he could start in 2012 and there is no competition at all, he would never agree to put himself into this trap. This is so unfair to him, to other players, to fans.

2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

http://nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/capconcerns.html

VERY interesting...

#22 TTTTebowAndTheJets, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Woah , woah, woah, you can't just come in here with your first post spewing so much intelligent analysis and good info.

We have standards here buddy , cold logic and common sense have no place in this forum!

Sheesh!

#23 CowboysFan, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  4. General Fan

General Fan New Member

There is no way of knowing whether Tebow knew of the Jet's cap limitations coming in or how much they would dictate personnel decisions. I think he was probably just trying to quickly determine where he could most likely start between NY and Jax. Heck, I honestly believe that on the day he got traded, the Jets themselves didn't know the future cap implications.

I think the original plan was to succeed with Sanchez and have Tebow perform some wildcat plays every now and then, as they stated early on. But the wheels fell off the bus and Sanchez' recent collapse has to have stunned the coaches. Even if they doubted his future prospects going into this year, they could not have predicted this level of crappy play from him.

Sanchez' quick collapse has put them in a bad situation. Tebow's contract (and all the other high priced contract next year) are keeping them in it.

5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

This in itself
    is enough reason to never let Tebow see the field. Apparently starting Tebow costs >$28 million

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

This is really it , this answers everything . Wow...

7. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Forgive me......

I will try and learn to add some gratuitous hyperboles in there next time. I have been a long time reader so I know what you're talking about.

8. iPlayiBall

iPlayiBall New Member

Seeing as how the Jets had to trade for him twice because they didn't read the damn contract and had no idea they still owed the other team money, the bolded statement has a 100% chance of being plausible and a 95% chance of actually being true.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Yeah, he had one of those contracts, but with a much lesser extent, of QBs like Jamarcus Russell, Stafford, Branford, and Sanchez. They have crazy amounts of language (which caused the trade hold up) and many, many escalators (Like Vernon Gholston's get one sack, get millions of dollars escalator :grin:). He did get fair market value based on where he was drafted. For that reason I wished that Tebow was a second round pick, where he was projected to be in the first place. Or he could of been a third round pick, and be a restricted free agent after this season.

10. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Very true. But at least next year they should be able to decided on whether to play Tebow or not without consideration of cap limitations. They should have the cap room in 2014 to withstand any escalation in Tebow's contract based on 2013 snaps. Also, since Sanchez is only guaranteed money through next year, they could also dump him to free up further space in 2014 if Tebow performs well (at this rate, they'll probably dump Sanchez regardless of how Tebow performs). 2013 just happens to be a sticky financial year for the Jets because of poor planning by the GM I guess. A lot of it has to do with Sanchez's guaranteed money and overpaid contract. Right now, Sanchez is screwing this team in so many ways. But I guess that all changes if he somehow turns it all around (highly unlikely imho)

11. General Fan

General Fan New Member

12. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Tebow's backend loaded contract explains a lot to me. Such as why his market value was merely a 3rd round after he led Broncos to playoffs.

13. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

Then put in MCleroy. I don't get how this concept is lost on people. JFC.

14. General Fan

General Fan New Member

They should put in McElroy since they can't afford Tebow this year. At this point, put in B. Powell and let him and Shonne Green only run the ball for 60 minutes. I think they don't want to deal with the media's "Why no Tebow?" non-sense and they can't come out and be honest and say it's because of money because most fans would find that reason abhorrent. They put themselves in this mess and they are going to stew in it for a little longer.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This obviously all comes back to why trade for him or why the cap master Tanny "missed" this when making the trade. It all points to Woody meddling as we all suspected.

There is no logical reason to trade for him if you don't plan on using him. I know 4th rounders and 6th rounders don't turn into much, but they are players who aren't filling the already fill #2 QB position on the depth chart.

16. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Funny guy.:rofl:

Maybe this was addressed earlier and I didn't see it, but at what point this season could they bench Sanchez and start Tebow without triggering all the escalators you mentioned?

17. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Based on the article and Tebow's current usage...week after next.

18. iPlayiBall

iPlayiBall New Member

He can't reach 55% of all offensive snaps played to avoid the escalators. I'm pretty sure that includes the postseason so the Jets would have to be statistically eliminated from the playoffs in order to guarantee that he won't reach those escalators before he could start. I'm guessing if the Jets lose next week that's it for the postseason so the T-giving game against the Pats would theoretically be the earliest.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, doesn't Tebow idolize Danny Wueffel? Danny was a career backup in the NFL, but he was really good at being a backup. Why can't Tebow accept this?