Frustration gets to Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Nov 12, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...ckCGQeP5OsQ2O?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Jets

SEATTLE — Tim Tebow finally lost his cool yesterday.

Nine games into his curious Jets career, Tebow finally had a chance to turn a game into Tebow Time. He finally had a chance to make a difference.

But he had it taken away from him by a false start penalty from tight end Dustin Keller on a third-and-goal play from the 1-yard line in the second quarter of yesterday’s 28-7 loss to the Seahawks.

After the penalty, which pushed the Jets into a third-and-goal from the 6, Tebow looked to the Jets sideline and saw the coaches signal for him to come back off the field.

EPA
    NOT TIM TIME: Tim Tebow looks for running room during yesterday’s 28-7 loss to the Seahawks.
    And for the first time in what has been a season of growing frustration because of a lack of opportunities on offense, he was visibly upset.

On the ensuing play, Mark Sanchez threw an interception at the goal line to squelch the Jets’ only scoring chance of the game inside the red zone.

“More than anything there was frustration because I knew we let an easy one slip away,’’ Tebow said. “If you watched their defense, they were over here, over there and shifting and they didn’t really know where [the play] was going. It wouldn’t have been very hard to score there.

“I thought we had an opportunity to score a touchdown. I didn’t think they were in a good look defensively to stop us for that play. When you get opportunities, you have got to make the most of them and that didn’t happen there.

“It’s definitely frustrating. If I push that one in there on the goal line we’re leading 14-7 and it’s a lot different game. We can keep managing the game, which is how our offense is best suited.’’

Tebow has not contributed to a single touchdown all season. He was on the field for 10 offensive snaps in the game (about double his plays in recent games), three of which were nullified by penalties — two by Keller false starts.

But the Jets used Tebow in the spread formation and it seemed to generate some more opportunities. He completed three passes to Jeremy Kerley for 8 yards on quick, short screen passes and rushed four times for 14 yards.

Asked about his visible frustration, Tebow said, “It’s just more about winning. It’s frustrating to lose regardless of your role and how many plays you play. Everything is a lot easier and better when you win.’’

When he was asked about Rex Ryan’s defiant defense of Sanchez as the starter, Tebow cued the broken-record response he has been delivering all season.

“You just continue to work hard and do my role and that’s it,” he said. “I just try to do the best I can with the opportunities when I get them. It’s out of my control.’’

Most of Tebow’s plays have resulted in uncreative runs into the line, and he said playing out of the spread “puts stress on defense.

“You’ve got to cover 53 1/2 yards,’’ he said. “We were able to get some really easy dump-off passes to JK [Kerley], because they weren’t playing in the box.’’

Tebow said he did not have the option to throw the ball down the field on those plays, however.

“You have to keep them honest by going vertical,’’ he said.

Sanchez said the plays “worked pretty well, got us a couple first downs.’’

Asked if coming off the field ruins his rhythm, Sanchez said, “It’s something we’re all just getting used to. I’m getting a better feel for it.’’

mark.cannizzaro@nypost.com

2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

One has to wonder if Tebow says to himself, "F*** you Rex Ryan!" Then goes into the interview and says all the politically correct things we are used to him saying.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he should be frustrated that all he does is destroy the rhythm of the offense and he's not doing anything to help us win.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

lol, seriously? so is Timmy calling those stupid plays?

I didn't even want him on the team, but this coaching staff is cluless

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

3rd time you post this garbage and I have to correct you . Tebow was used on 5 plays against Seattle and 2 of those plays resulted in first downs. The jets got another first down right after one of the other 3.

Now Please go back to doing chin ups off Mark Sanchez's nut sack like you do 24/7

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Coming from you makes this statement hilarious

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I saw his reaction after the 3rd and goal false start. It was rare. I think he knew they were going to punch it in and take control of the game.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The difference is though I'll admit when Tebow plays bad . nyJunc will blame leprechauns running on to the field if it deflects criticism from Sanchez .

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He said Mark played bad. Maybe Tebow's nuts were in your eyes and you couldn't see it.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

:beer: LOL

11. nyjunc

so you think he's contributed this season? you dion't think he is constantly putting Sanchez in bad spots? what's the weather like in your world?

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You're right... Tebow possesses Sanchez's body right before the INTs and fumbles, causing him to turn the ball over.

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Most games he gets 2 or 3 plays, you are blowing it way out of proportion when you say he is putting Sanchez in bad spots.

Sanchez is puttng Sanchez in bad spots .

I can actually point to the reverse more , yesterday from the 6 yard line and the the infamous 3rd and 2 from the 3 against New England ( that cost Jets the game ) .

And Sanchez's QB rating is much higher after Tebow plays ! Your argument makes no sense .

14. nyjunc

2 or 3 plays, most are of the 2-3 yard variety. It's not helping the O and it sure doesn't help our starter having onyl 2 downs to get 10 yds.

what was the 3rd and 2 from the 3 play against NE?

It wasn't Tim's fault but when he came in we lost 5 yds so instead of 3rd and G from the 1 it was 3rd and G from the 6 which is a HUGE differewnce and he made a mistake just like when Tim lost us 5 yds from the Mia 2 at Mia 2 months ago.

15. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I saw that too. Can't be disputed. But he never used Mark to touch Eva!

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

when Tebow got the first down against New England near the goal line and he got taken out and then on 3rd and 2 from the 3 Sanchez attempts a slant that goes incomplete , Jets settle or FG and game goes into OT and is lost .

We are arguing the same thing in over 4 threads.

I believe Tebow has been inconsequential to any win or loss and actually could have helped in several losses if used correctly.

You believe Tebow is the cause of the jets offensive woes .

you are the one living in an alternate reality not me

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Sparano is the most unimaginative offensive coordinator I've ever seen.

18. nyjunc

I don't remember that play, I think you are making things up but I do remember Mark bringing us back down 10 to take the lead.

I don't believe Tebow is the cause of our offensive woes, I believe the Tebow package is one of the numerous reasons our offense stinks.

19. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I am absolutely no fan of the way Tebow has been used or misused might be a better word. It looks like the team has never practiced a QB switch every time they have a switch. Half the offense is dancing around trying to figure out who is supposed to be in and who isn't. The play always seems to get rushed. There is no creativity and my wife can tell you what's about to happen. That's on the coaches and not just regarding Tebow but the whole offense IMO. I too would rather they just not use him than to see what they have done up to this point. That said. The Jets converted 2 3rd attempts yesterday of 11 and Tebow had one of those. That kept the offense on the field and the defense off. He had 2 first downs on a day the regular offense had 9 total.

I don't recall one pass (of the very few) he has thrown this year that were not on the money.

I have seen people calling for him and Sanchez to be on the field together more. Hogwash. Two QBs on the field together defeats the purpose of the advantage you get with a player like Tebow. He isn't going to throw to Sanchez nor has Sanchez ever looked in Tebows direction. Either stick with Sanchez or go with Tebow. I will agree that what they are doing now is hot garbage.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Yeah I'm making up the 3rd and 2 from the New Englqnd 3 yard line where Sanchez threw a slant to Schillenz ....right ...making it up....then jets settled for field goal.

Ok let's lets just agree to disagree