QB Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BJXX, Oct 30, 2012.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I'd be more interested in EJ Manuel and Tyler Wilson.
    Manuel is showing some solid progress lately. His problem is that the ACC is such a lousy conference when it comes to defense.
    Wilson has played in the SEC, - doesnt get any better than that in terms of defense.
    Arkansas has been through a lot of turmoil, - as far as I'm concerned he has made the best of it.

2. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

We already did this with Sanchez and look where that has got us!!! 4 years down the line he is still no better.

This franchise will go nowhere until we get a decent QB and Sanchez is nowhere near that!
    :rolleyes:

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I take it you missed the 09 10 seasons?

Rex made it clear he doesnt need a Peyton Manning to win games.

The Jets just need to go back to those molds. With a great defense, great OL, and decent rbs/qbs

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I think the main argument here is that even with a decent defense statistically (who has a closer or 2 on d), a franchise qb can overcome that. Look at the teams that have won the superbowl recently. They have pash rushers and franchise qb's.

Although I still believe that if the Jets had a pash rusher in 2010 they beat Pitt.

5. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Yes 09 10 seasons - Sanchez should have progressed from there but he has not.

I stand by what I said that this franchise will not go anywhere with Sanchez as QB and we will not make the playoffs this year and are you suggesting we play without any w/r???

#25 Leicester Jet, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Sanchez has progressed drastically from 09-10

Our OL has declined IMMENSELY since then. We have MASSIVE downgrades @ LG RG (im sorry but Moore has regressed) RT. And even D'brick has downgraded. He was bad last year, and hasnt been a stud this year.

The entire OL is mounds behind where it used to be. We have had WR changes issues al over. Look at the WR corp last year. We had Holmes (who was a complete and utter headcase last year) Plax (who was not only a headcase, but an OLD SLOW headcase fresh out of prison) and a late round rookie. Sounds like a pretty shitty WR group.

And of course this year youve had injuries all over @ WR, major WR turnovers, and significant injuries to our TE corp.

Sanchez has gotten screwed by the talent around him.

Im not saying the guy is an elite QB by any means, but the guy is FAR FAR better than public perception of him.

7. thewire

thewire New Member

Maybe try FA instead

8. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

None taken, but I don't think it's a poor way to look at it. Might be a bit of an exaggeration to grab one every year, but I think with the new draft salaries, you don't have the same commitment to players. You have a lot more latitude, and as I said, it's not like we've had great scouting lately. I don't think you need to draft a guy and roll with him for 6 years like we're currently doing.

9. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Why make it harder on yourself? You may not necessarily NEED a Peyton Manning to win, but it sure as hell makes it a lot easier. Now we just have to go and find one! You can find plenty of diamonds in the rough with many positions in the NFL. With the most important position in the NFL, it seems much tougher. I would like the Jets to stop thinking they may get lucky with one late and step up and start drafting boom or bust prospects because their salaries are comparatively cheap to what Sanchez ever received. You get it wrong? No big deal, you can just grab another one in a couple years. I don't see the harm in that. It's clearly a need position, and we should draft there until we fill that need.

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

If your going to be a game manager, like Sanchez is being treated as, you can not make the mistakes with the ball that he consistantly makes. For a non play maker he turns the ball over ALOT with picks and fumbles. If your going to suck as a QB you'd better be taking good care of the ball, and Sanchez doesn't.

That said, There's no QB's in this draft worth taking in the first round. There are several worth taking in the 2nd or 3rd round. Sit them on the bench next season to learn the system and maybe get a few game snaps here and there, then move him in to the starting role in 2014.

We're stuck with Sanchez in 2013 no matter what, it's more expensive to cut him than to keep him and NOONE will trade for him and his contract.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

The thing is, Rex may be on his way out.. And that style of play requires a ton of talent and little mistakes. This team has practically no talent and makes a ton of mistakes. We have a LONG way to go if we plan on continuing Rex's style of play.

Sports are "what have you done for me lately?" and our early success under Rex is becoming overshadowed by our atrocious play now.

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

If Rex is out, this team is completely fucked and is at a minimum 5 years from a superbowl. I dont care who they replace him with, that shits just bad for business.

Getting rid of aging defensive "talent", a rebuilt Oline , and healthy players back and this team is easily a 8-10 win team.

Were not THAT far off, its just we ignored everything that is a Rex Ryan team.

13. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

holy crap, you read my mind

14. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I'd still like Tyler Bray in the second round. He has a cannon of an arm, but consistency problems. But I'd rather go for upside than pick a safe guy that projects as a league average QB at best. I like Bray's upside at where he will be picked.

I don't even mind Logan Thomas as a project, if we figure Sanchez won't be moved next year. Someone that will have to wait a year, but the tools are there to be great.

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

The second game posted is pretty shitty haha. I do like him though- one of the quickest releases Ive seen, he has pretty good footwork and his short to mid range accuracy is pretty good. He does seem to sail the ball a little bit on the mid-deep passes though and struggle some. This is the first Ive really watched him so its a small sample size....

He seems pretty good also. Nice touch on his deep ball and can throw very well on the run. His accuracy seems fairly good and suffers from some drops.

My main concern is that sleepers are all well and good, but they dont really mean anything if we cant develop them.

Damn... why does this year's QB class have to be so shitty haha.