It's Time

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bill Belichdouche, Nov 11, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Awesome , embrace it , then take your place in line to eat crow like the legion of lemmings I fed last year .

#41 CowboysFan, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

These arguments are pointless because Jets aren't going to bench Mark. There's too much money tied to his contract. Once they go Tebow, there's no going back as a previous poster mentioned, and Mark becomes damaged good and will probably get traded. Benching him now will drop his trade value. They're riding this out with him.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I agree.......

4. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

The confidence that cowboys fan exudes in this thread will be remembered if tebow manages to take over the starting job.

What happened to Denver last season will not happen to the jets if tebow starts. Not even the son of christ can save this snakebitten godforsaken franchise.

Remember this post. I look forward to eating crow, but something tells me I won't be eating it.

#44 Bill Belichdouche, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. Remarker

Remarker Banned

The upside to staying the course is a high draft pick.

Mark's performance is deflating his value faster than if Tim replaced him. At least at this point Tim can't be blamed for making Mark look bad.

6. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

IMHO there are two remaining goals for this season:
    1. get as much as possible trade value for Sanchez, and
    2. run for the #1 draft pick.

So the natural best solution is to allow opponents to score 5 TDs in the first quarter. After give away the game, let Sanchez pads his stats in garbage time against soft defense which he is really good at.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Or the weak schedule .......

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Or the kicker...

Or the genius of the coaching staff...

Or the [insert anything but Tebow here]...

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

It's Tebow-time, but Rex is dug in. He's going to sink with the ship. That's admirable in some ways, but the problem is that the ship didn't have to sink... and he is the one who sunk it.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Tanny and Woody are sitting here smiling and grinning if most fans believe this. Problems run deeper than QB, and if somehow Tanny keeps his job while Rex loses his I will be disappointed that we don't see the ultimate and bigger picture problems on our team.

Tebow could start next year, actually makes more sense in my head if they don't trade him. Sanchez has to be here, you put Tebow in and see that the team still struggles since there is lack of talent at every offensives skill position, it forces your hand to get a new QB this offseason where there are few. If you ride Sanchez out, you can say it's a competition, just hand it to Tebow or Greg even though both haven't amazing in practice and let the ship sink, clean everyone out, and go all in in the 2014 draft on QB.

11. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Going (all in) in a QB draft should scare the hell out of any Jets fan. Sanchez had very little college experience when he was drafted and given the team for four seasons. The holes in this team are obvious and using a ton of value to go after another QB with the track record of the existing staff could be another very long few years. A lot of collateral is needed to fix many areas of need on this team. So if you are looking at the future options - the future could be rather far down the road. The only good news is QBs are not as expensive in the draft as they used to be but you still have to know what you are doing.

12. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

That was what the Broncos thought last year, then they slipped on a banana peel and won the division and a playoff game.

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Short version: Sanchez not panning out was a death blow. Before the new CBA, you couldn't survive that.

It will be the end of the Tanny/Rex era unless they've lucked out and got a replacement in Tebow. If Tebow is not the answer, the current administration will not survive to rebuild through another drafted quarterback.

15. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

If somehow the team improves enough for this front office to stay in office it would be the worst-case scenario to me. I'd eat that crow and shit it on all their faces.

Bottom line: the only way this wretched year can end with any kind of hope for me is with a purge and a fire sale.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Fair enough.

17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont know, i mean i think people really forget how horrible that denver team was before he took over. they were epically bad. horrific defense. bad run game. horrible turnovers and sloppy play.

not much different then us. and like that team, there are some tough but winnable games coming up.

im not saying tebow gets us to 10-6, but 8-8 or 9-7 wouldnt shock anyone

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I want to go all in in 2014 for QB. So this upcoming draft is not aimed at the QB. The following one is. Two years is probably the minimum this team can turn it around unless a QB on this roster is elite at this moment, which they aren't right now. It wouldn't take much collateral especially if next season they go 6-10/5-11. Next year would be fine to start Tebow too. Unless you can trade him for picks.

It all started with Gholston. That was the first big miss that causes all of this. I trace it all back to that miss or the Peyton incident.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Tanny signing Sanchez to that stupid extention has basically made Tebow time a no go because of his cap hit next year.

Remember Tebow fans, last year Orton had an expiring contract, though he was getting paid $8 million that year.

#59 Diddy, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  20. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It really wasn't a big extension. They moved dollars around to give cap relief now, but the number of guaranteed dollars changed very little.