Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head. Yes Tanny has more to do with this team than another person. He should have been canned when mangini was.

2. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Houston texans. Probably be in the SB this year because they stuck by Kubiak. Now, if the jets could get Norv, draft all O, WR, rb, OL next year, FA Qb to compete with Sanchez, they have a chance.

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Agreed. They've ruined him, and by sticking with him when he's hurting the team so badly and not ever giving him a breather, even if just for a half, they do him and all the fans a disservice. They've never benched the guy one time in his career- and it's not like he's earned that right. He needs to sit at least for a bit.

THIS!!!! He's showing no ability to be a leader, no ability to have guys want to play for him, and of course seemingly no ability to be an NFL quarterback. He's flat out awful right now.

Never? Not even last year at the end of the season when it came out that the lockerroom was full of backstabbing whiny crybabies and he claimed to not even know?!?!? I mean, if he truly didn't know, he's a fucking buffoon and a moron, but if he knew and then claimed he didn't, he's a weak leader. Fuck Rex, he needs to go. He's not a leader, he's everyone's friend. And while that's great as a teammate, with your wife if you need someone to cover you when you're cheating on her, or in a bar fight - as a head coach in the NFL, it spells "FAILURE".

So so so so so so so so true. By the time the games gets to the late 3rd and into the 4th quarter, the defense can no longer stop anyone. Either they're tired as hell, or they stop caring because they're dejected. Either way ,the team looks like a bunch of quitters.

Yeah, no shit. So shocked, I never saw that coming.

4. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Lets all realize though that Tanny's job is safe. I forget where I saw it, but I saw somewhere that Tanny has the organization brainwashed, and if someone loses their job next it will be Rex instead of Tanny.

It could be incorrect speculation from wherever I heard it, but I think Rex loses his job before Tanny does.

5. Sanchize0829

I didn't say this is what I would do. Its what I think will happen. I saw somewhere from some "insider" that Tanny has the organization brainwashed, and that his job is safe if we miss the playoffs this year.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Links? please :beer:

7. The_Darksider

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about?

8. Sanchize0829

I can't remember where I saw it. Just saw it somewhere. Who knows though? I don't think anyone on/coaching/working for this team should feel that their job is safe with a team missing the playoffs two years in a row.

9. The_Darksider

If the guy showed any ability to get this team ready to play.......any ability to have them be disciplined..........any ability to show discipline himself..........I would agree with you. But stability just for the sake of stability isn't good either. Firing a shitty head coach who isn't getting the job done isn't instability.

10. Sanchize0829

Chip Kelly anyone?

This is just a hypothetical, but if and when Rex Ryan loses his job, am I the only one that would love to hire this guy?

11. red75bronco

Yes, you are the only one.

12. The_Darksider

It wasn't such a sacrifice to stick with a guy who had a good offense and needed help on defense. He got that help, now he's got a top-3 team in the entire NFL. The Jets stuck with Rex last year after that disaster. I know everyone says "but 8-8 isn't a disaster - there were years where we'd kill for 8-8" -but that doesn't mean he didn't lose the team like he did. In any other business, you lose your team in such a fashion, you are demoted or out the door. He should have been canned, but his previous two seasons saved him. Now, he's got no collateral left.

Bye bye Rex. We hardly knew ye.

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan's AFC championship appearances are slowly fading away.

Honestly, I think if it weren't for Tanny's IDIOTIC decision to resign Sanchez, that we'd have a fairly average to slightly above average team. Rex Ryan is a fairly good coach, we have a good defense when our offense helps out a little, special teams for the most part is good. Only complaint on offense is no 'names' and Sporano's playcalling leaves a lot to be desired.

Even though I think Rex is a fairly good coach, his inability to see that what he's doing is not working leaves me to not want him coaching the team anymore.

14. Sanchize0829

Well, this is how I see it. Its obvious that are struggles under Rex have been offensively. The point is that we need an offensive HC as our next HC.

Look how successful Harbaugh, Carroll and now Schiano have been. All three could possibly make the playoffs. Transitioning from College to the Pro's isn't for everyone(Saban), but its worth a try. What if this guy comes in and our offense becomes one of the best in the league? One thing I know is that under Rex Ryan with Mark Sanchez as the QB, Sparano calling plays and with a lack of talent, our offense is and will continue to be shit.

This shit show of Sanchez, Rex, Tebow, Tanny and the whole circus isn't working. Most of you are not realistic. Putting a band-aid on all of this isn't going to fix it all. Someone needs to go, I don't think it should be Rex, but I think it will be Rex and Sanchez after this year. This is just a hypothetical, I am not saying my opinion really matters.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

If Rex were to be fired, which is still at 10% or so IMO, Kelly would be a guy I could see Woody going after. Woody would want to make a splash, and Kelly is a guy who could do that. Not sure how that offense would translate, but seems like Kelly wants to go to the NFL.

Would be cool if Kelly could run the offense and Rex could run the defense, but that would never happen.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Doesn't Rex have to do worse than a bad season to lose his job? He has won 4 playoff games, finished 8-8 and is currently 3-6 after losing Revis and Holmes plus having little talent besides them. I don't see how you can fire him. Maybe i'm missing something.

17. Sanchize0829

I don't see any way Rex gets fired as HC, but becomes the defensive coordinator. The man's ego is too big to take a back seat in this organization. He would have to have a low profile similar to what Shitty and Sparano have had as offensive coordinator's for this team. Thats not going to happen with Rex. Pettine could work as the defensive coordinator though.

18. red75bronco

Understand, but Oregon is the fastest team in college, the jets are one of the slowest. The lack of talent only highlight the lack of offensive coaching.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear Barcs' blind, homer, positive spin on this game.

20. Sanchize0829

Not saying we should. I think someone will have to take the downfall this season, and I think it ends up being Rex instead of Tanny. I just don't see any way this team is the complete same team next year with Rex as HC, Tanny as GM, Nacho as the QB. The major change with this team won't be getting rid of Tebow, it will involve Rex, Nacho or Tanny.