Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Jets fans are unreal. Unfrigging real. There's not enough talent on this team! The Tebow move was obviously a Woody move and now Ryan has to deal with it. He's kept the defense competitive despite losing his best player and with a terrible LB corps (minus Harris, who's good, but has always been overrated.)

Rex Ryan is not the problem. Is he perfect? Not even close. But they need to keep him - stability is the key for winning franchises. Teams that hire and fire their coaches every few years do not maintain success. Sure, the Jets haven't been great the last 2 years - but, they were 8-8 last year, not 4-12. We'll see what happens this year, but it's too early to give up on the guy imo.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Where have I heard this before?"

3. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Rex Kotite needs to go.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

16 INTs and 10 fumbles (6 lost) in those last twelve starts. No ... it's not all on Sanchez, but I'd be very comfortable with 90%.

You can't win with QB play like that. Period.
    Impossible at every level from the NFL down to HS football.
    Not only doesn't he give us the best chance to win ... he gives us almost no chance.

How many times in four years have we won a game directly because Sanchez played better than the opposing QB, rather than the opposing QB playing worse than Sanchez. There is a difference ... and so far it's only happened once this year (Buffalo). Basically, if the other QB has a good day, we have virtually no shot of winning, because our QB almost never has one of his own.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I agree with this, but to play devil's advocate, how many times have we overcome Sanchez's bad play like the Ravens with Flacco or the Giants with Eli, or the Bears with Cutler or Steelers with Big Ben to win? Most of our wins when Sanchez plays bad is because Sanchez straps together one drive late. We strive to be a top defensive team, but we can't overcome our QB like these teams with top defenses can. We aren't good enough on either end and too inconsistent and then we get this mess.

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The Jets are near the bottom of the league in talent. Unfortunately, the Coach thinks they can win with this collection. That is the real problem. This is an offensive league. If the organization is run by someone who seems to think defense wins games like ten years ago they are doomed. Too bad because Rex is a nice guy but he has the NFL game backwards.

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, I will keep him next year, but if/when we have a losing record, his name will be number one on the hot seat list next year.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This is stupid.

You can't win with shit.

You can only coach up shit for so long before you realize that the shit you got isn't good enough. It's just not good enough.

Rex is a good HC, I think he will do great things for this team if we can get a competent GM who can bring some great talent to balance out both sides of the ball.

We have no "elite" playmaker, name one player at the impact positions that you are proud to have on this offense. I can't think of one person, not even Holmes, fuck him.

The depth of this team is utter shit as well.

It all falls on the GM of this team, and it is showing on the field. We do not have the talent to compete with the better teams in this league. No amount of coaching is ultimately going to overcome that fact.

Calling for Rex Ryan's head is an over-reaction, and we are destined for nothing but shit if we keep dumping our current HC every time this team has a bad year. It's stupid. You have to have continuity within this FO in order to be successful.

9. displacedfan

The thing is, most GM's will want their own coach. Maybe if we get lucky, they keep Rex, but I doubt it. Maybe if the GM can bring a genius for OC, we keep Rex, but most GMs will want a fresh start. That means Rex is probably out the door unfortunately.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Fire Tannenbaum ....... and the "make it happen Tanny!" squealing from the Tanny lemmings.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

teams that maintain success do not find themselves in a position where they have to decide whether to fire coaches every few years.

Rex is part of the problem with this team.

12. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Woody should fire himself. He's not going to do that so we're screwed. Unless he fires everybody and hires someone at the level of a Belichick or Polian to run the show and leaves him alone to do his job. Fat chance. We're screwed.

13. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Seeing Rex on the sidelines calling the defense is sad. He is the head coach. He is supposed to be running the whole game. No wonder the offense is so poor. The HC thinks it is unimportant. Rex should be a coordinator. Running a team is beyond him. He was given a team with top third talent and they did well. Now he has to rebuild the offensive side and he really has no idea how to do it.

14. displacedfan

He or Tanny? Rex believes in ground and pound yet after 2010-2011 we let OL walk and didn't replaced injrued OL? Someone just wrote an article how Rex has been a lot more into the offense and the coaching aspect and it was in fact Tone who helped him see this. That he had trouble doing this with Schotty because ,surprise surprise, Schotty's offense was really complicated to him as a newcomer and that when the offense called plays it would take a minute while the defense had 3 word playcalls.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/11/rex_ryan_says_his_increased_in.html

I'm slightly impressed. I thought it would take a firing for him to change and grow, but all it took was an 8-8 season.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Jets have gone from being a clown car to being a clown car driving around on a flat tire.

Let's look on the bright side.

Nobody's gonna use the word "over-rated" anytime soon when talking about the Jets.

16. Greeny

Greeny New Member

Your joking right?

All those QBs are miles ahead of Mark. Light years ahead of him. Its not even close. Each of those QBs win games for their team. Mark has NEVER been able to do this.

17. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that if the Lions had drafted Sanchez #1 and the Jets had drafted Stafford #5, Rex would have at least one super bowl right now, possibly more. Rex is a defensive mastermind, but his downfall with the Jets will end up being the fact that he didn't pull the plug on Sanchez after us missing the playoffs last year. When you are regressing in your third year, its time to pull the plug. Now, the ship has already sunk.

I am 100% on the fire Rex bandwagon. Not because I think he is bad or anything having to do directly with him, but I think this team has to clean house and I assume that will start with Sanchez and Rex being somewhere else next year. I think Tanny will survive at least another year while Rex and Sanchez take the hit for this year.

Its sad that its come to the point where there is a fire Rex bandwagon for reasons other than his coaching ability because I think we can all agree that he is a good coach, other circumstances are why he needs to go after this year though.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That makes absolutely no sense. Tanny should be the FIRST to go.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Shit?

But Rex Ryan proclaimed in August that this was his best team ever.

20. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

There's no doubt these guys are going down with the ship. It be sinking, and Sanchez or no Sanchez, this regime is terrible. Tannenbaum plays fantasy football, not worrying about the trenches or the non-skill positions. Not that he worries that much about the skill positions either, but he tends to go after big-name players rather than build depth.

hahaha, I said the same thing today! I said that if Sanchez was back on the field after that interception ,he should be fired right away and catch his own flight home....lol

He may or may not be the best option, but we don't know that until we try something different. He flat out sucks right now, and even if it's temporary in order for him to get his head on straight, he needs to be out of there. They've never once given this guy a blow, and it's time. Beyond time. Preferably permanently, but at least show me something.