Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with a total of 19 regular season wins. They sputtered down the stretch both times. They had the luck both times to face a team unusually dependent on their QB and in both cases the QB himself sputtered during the big game for long stretches.

That's luck.

It's not like the Giants had a huge run of injuries over the last half decade that prevented them from being an actually elite team. They're just not in that category. Again this season we're seeing exactly what kind of team they are: above average but not by much and hoping that they get lucky again.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is a very good review of the giants. they are exactly that an above average team that should make the playoffs but will not be dominant by any stretch. they are a 10-6 at best team this year again...

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I really dont understand why we are even comparing sanchez to eli.

not once in his career has eli manning thrown more picks then touchdowns. eli threw for almost 3800 yards in his second season. eli was also the focal point of a passing offense during his tenure... not a guy in a run and gun offense who is babied and needs a "red-yellow-green" system to prevent turnovers.

last year, the one time we tried to have sanchez be more of a focus in the offense, he led the NFL with 26 turnovers.

sure manning really turned it on later in his career. but thats not the norm at all. and given his pedigree and how much they put on him early, you can see why it happened.

mark is nothing like that. he is a terrible terrible player. he has no business being in the league as a backup, nevermind a starter

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

IS sanchez the worst qb in football over the past 30 years (minimum 50 starts)

was discussing this with my dad and looking on pro-football reference. i cant seem to find anyone.

5. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I agree with the overall point that comparing the two players is ridiculous...but like Sanchez, Eli did throw more picks than touchdowns in his rookie year.

6. alleycat9

interesting, typically when a guy is just not any good they figure it out in the first few years.... not wait 4 years to figure it out so i could imagine it would be completely possible.

who are some of the guys he is up against for being the ultimate piece of shit qb?

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ryan leaf?

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Richard Todd started 108 games in the NFL and has a career rating of 67.8, he was also a 1st round draft pick for Jets (6th pick) . He threw 30 interceptions against 17 TDs for Jets in 1980 .

He was much worse AND was a Jets player.

#1928 CowboysFan, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  9. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I say give him the rest of the season and see how he does. If he doesn't improve his QB rating to at least an 85, then yeah, I say we look elsewhere. Four years is enough. There's no point in wasting more time with this guy.

10. alleycat9

leaf only played 25 games. they figured out he was worthless pretty quick.

11. alleycat9

heh richard todd would definitely fit the bill. i can see some similarities in their stats :)

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I focused more on the "piece of shit" aspect. I gave him credit for post-career "stats"...

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Jeff George?

14. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Unfortunately the worst QB in the league, the one QB who is guaranteed to be worse than Sanchez is our backup QB Tim Tebow.

As a Jets fan I can remember many QB's who started for us who were considerably worse than Sanchez.

15. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

I'd take Tebow at Tebow's salary over Sanchez at Sanchez's salary in a heartbeat.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Right off the bat ... perfectly set up screen on the first play of the game and he fucks it up. Three plays later he's throwing a pess to Hilliard's ankles. I've had it with this piece of garbage.

17. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

bingo!!!!!!

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

How can you call yourself truth anything when you straight up lie to try and prove a point...:rolleyes:

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Jets will probably extend Sanchez' contract again this offseason for $20MM more. That's how they roll.

20. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Sanchez is the shits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.