Ways to make the "Tebow Package" more effective.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think he has not had a chance yet to prove he sucks dick or can be effective.

That is where we differ in opinions.

2. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

Warren Moon didnt get a shot because of his skin color. He was every bit an NFL QB. He just had to take a different route.

Flutie - was size and in all reality he ended up being a mediocre QB. 86 TD's 68 INT 55% completion rate and a qb rating of 76. his last years a starter he threw more picks than TD's. Flutie doesnt help you. He sucked.

Young - well he is the exact model you would wish for Tebow... it aint going to happen though. Tebow isn't smart enough to figure out the defenses in the NFL, young was.

Gannon - he was good, bad, great and everything in between. If Tebow can have a career like his I think that would be amazing. Dont see it though.

3. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

#143 Badaxe, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think this is the big issue with tebow fans. its the absoluteness of the opinions. He is only in his 3rd year, he just turned 25.

The truth is we do not know who is right or wrong yet in this argument until his career is over.

A Tebow fan says "he might be great"

a tebow hater says " he will NEVER be any good"

there is a huge divide in the argument.

#144 CowboysFan, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's fine, we can disagree. He isn't nearly as explosive as a guy like Brad Smith. He doesn't seem to have the vision as a runner either. He's more of a power guy than you need at that position IMO.

I don't think he's suddenly going to become faster or improve his vision as a RB with more snaps.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have to admit the 15-20lbs he was asked to put on have made a difference (not a good one). If you look at the highlights from last year he was much more explosive...what a total mess this year is turning out to be...

8. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

You can try to dismiss each individual example in whichever way you choose. It doesn't change the point that through the years there have been many many many quarterbacks who "failed" or "didn't get a chance" even though they were plenty talented. The ones in my post were just some of the good ones off the top of my head. We can't even guess how many good quarterbacks we've missed out just because they were never given the chance to show their stuff.

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I thought that's what I remembered. I'm disappointed in you -- there hasn't been nearly enough plays to come to that judgment.

But, it is your judgment. So be it.

10. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Not at all -- I think the Jets have had some difficulties this year, and one of the main ones that is relevant to this point is Sparano seems a little bit overmatched playcalling for the first time since 2006. I'm having trouble imagining him getting any wildcat seamlessly in the game.

You shouldn't worry about psychoanalyzing me -- it just causes side distractions where posters start in on figuring each other out. This is about football, and assessing why the Wildcat has been a failure.

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

No, I think Sanchez doing that built him a lot of goodwill, and it will keep him in for years. It already has, and it will continue.

So good point -- beating a good team in the playoffs does generally buy a quarterback the benefit of the doubt. Agreed.

12. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

I agree. probably have. doesnt change the fact your boy stinks!

13. thewire

thewire New Member

play it like when he is in Denver