Are Chip Kelly and Tim Tebow a match waiting to happen?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Br4d, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Tebow goes great with speed -- put the speed all around him, spreading out the defense and stretching it down the field. Tebow can keep the defense honest with the run in an empty backfield. It's like playing with 12 players on offense.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the players just keep getting bigger and bigger something else is going to have to change to stop things from getting out of control. Those chickens they breed now that have 40% more white meat can't even stand up without breaking a leg.

3. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

And all that means nothing 3 years down the road. Again with the college stats.

Tebow had better stats than Luck I think ...yet who looks like the best qb prospect since Manning? hint... his name sounds like duck.

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

"Again?" The post was about Colin Klein, who's still in college. So it has to be about college. This whole thread is about Chip Kelly, a college coach, and whether he might be the one to get those crazy numbers the spread is doing in college (with quarterbacks like Colin Klein and Tim Tebow). So it's on point -- doesn't "mean nothing."

Yes, he did. Seriously, you're wanting to debate again about how good Tebow is not, or is, compared to some quarterback ( in this case Luck).

Don't you ever get tired of discussing it over and over? Sorry, I'm not up for it man.

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Leaf was a great prospect too. Luck appears to be the real deal, but just because the talking heads aren't slobbering over Tebow, it does not mean he won't be good.

6. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

I thought it was a new debate? Whether Tebow could play in a chip kelly offensive scheme (he likes speed over size) and whether Klein would be a better choice.

7. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

maybe... 3rd year already and no closer to a full time gig than the day he started. I agree Leaf = Tebow. If that was your point?

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Leaf was better at least he would yell at a reporter. lol

9. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

I had the same thought recently, I hope it happens.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

So you think Ryan Leaf equals Tebow ? ..........ok ....that tin foil hat you wear is probably a little too tight

[​IMG]

11. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

Whats the difference? Neither one of them will win a super bowl. pretty much all that matters.

Levels of suckitude may not be the same but the final result is.

Neither one will win a SB or be in the HOF and both will be punch lines for years to come.

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow already wove himself into Broncos mythology, leaf was one of the worst picks of all time.

its a ludicrous comparison.

13. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

Yeah, mythology is a great word for it. Stories will be told of daring do and last minute wins or they will forget he ever played there after 3-4 seasons of Manning.

By the way the NFL network did a story this morning on that exact same subject.

Basically saying most Broncos fans are like Tebow who?