Any other NFL team you like besides Jets?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not sure if you like any other team besides Jets but I am rooting for the teams Peyton Manning is playing for.

Two reasons

1) I like the guy and I feel lucky to be able to watch him. He has class.
    2) He is Brady's nemesis and this makes me side with him more.

How about you guys?

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Not teams, but I do like to follow some players and coaches... Parcells, Manning, both Sanders when they were playing.

3. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

been a big andrew luck fan since college, so the colts.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No. Fuck all the other teams.

I do respect P Manning.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Drew Brees and the Saints

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Couldn't Agree more

7. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the Jets, but I do like the Bills.......

8. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I always loved watching Phillip Rivers play

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i will choose a team to root for in any and every game i watch. i have no allegiance to any of them and will change from week to week on who i will root for in particular games.

i do typically like the steelers and ravens if only because they beat the hell out of eachother every year. i currently like to watch the niners as they are a tough defense and run oriented team.

i will never ever root for any team wearing teal or that gay fucking bright yellow green that the seabags wear. that goes for you too oregon ducks.

so that and whoever is playing the dollfags, they could go 0-16 and i still wouldnt be happy. fuck them.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Whoever is playing the Pats & Dolphins.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't have other teams, but I enjoy my fantasty team (who is always devoid of Bills/Pats/Dolphins players) and Peyton Manning is fun to watch

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Ive always been a Ravens fan since I was a kid, and Ray Lewis has been without a doubt my favorite player all time of any sport period.

So Rex coming here was an absolutely fucking dream come true since I was accustomed to the Raven defense which Rex was a huge part of.

Now the Ravens season is killlin me since soon as I realized the Jets werent a superbowl contender I was paying them more attention

Then Lewis gets a season ending injury in a year that I thought the Ravens had an EXCELLENT shot at winning the superbowl.

Obviously theyre still a contender and having a healthy Suggs back will help. But unless Lewis somehow comes back for the superbowl I really dont care less about them winning.

I want to see one of the all time greatest defensive leaders in the history of the game go out with another ring.

Other than that ill just cheer for any defensive ground and pound team. Fuck these offensive pansie ass teams that have an elite QB and nothing else. That shit aint football

Also

Peyton aint Bradys Nemesis hes Brady's bitch.
    Brady has beaten Peyton 8 out of 12 matchups. Including 2 out of 3 playoff matchups

Bradys nemesis would be the other Manning brother if anything.

#12 dcm1602, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  13. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

The Browns and then whichever teams give my fantasy players points.

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

all of 'em

but seriously.. I watch every packer game, since I'm from WI, but rarely watch it play by play. I usually tune out and look at my fantasy teams. Also, my best friend is a Denver fan, and they're the team I initially liked as a youngster, so as long as it doesn't affect the Jets negatively, I root for them casually when I can.

Somebody else here said the Saints, and I'm by no means a fan, or ever have been, but I do always root for them to win in the NFC if the Packers don't, and I guess they're just exciting to watch, and Brees is the man so...

yep all of 'em

#14 NYJalltheway, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  15. displacedfan

Except Brady's and the teams biggest choke job was to Peyton Manning in the AFC Championship game. Since that playoff run , both QBs have 2 SB appearances, same exact playoff records, except Peyton has the ring and Brady doesn't. Funny how Brady's overall talent level dropping has kept him from adding to his super bowl ring collection.

Ed Reed, can't believe I forgot about him. One of my favorite players to watch. Obviously not as fun anymore, but man when he gets the ball in his hands, crazy things usually happen

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

P Manning is nobody's bitch.

17. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

One could also argue Brady and the teams biggest choke job was the unperfect season concluding against young Eli

Either-way while I (obv) like Peyton far better than that ugg wearing douchebag, its hard to argue that Peyton has had the edge on Tom. If for nothing else because Tom has the creepy old dude by his side

18. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Always been a bit of a Broncos fan ever since my sister went to CSU and I spent four summers in a row out there. Manning coming there just made them even more fun to watch.

On the NFC side it's just hard to not root for the Pack - their fans are just so damn nice!

19. displacedfan

Fair enough. I would say as a QB Peyton is slight better than Tom but Tom has had better coaching and teams around him. Either way, both are two of the greatest QBs of all time.

I also like Brian Urlacher and for some reason I enjoy watching Cutler. No idea why though. Oh and watching the Redskins this year is fun because their defense is bad and forces RGIII to sling it around the field for better or for worse

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Every year there are a couple of teams I... well I'm not going to say I root for, but I'm happy if they win. Usually it's because I really appreciate how they play / the project they're brining up. There are also some players I love (R. Lewis & Brees for example) and I'm happy for them if they have a good game and a win.

One thing I root for is for a plyer to obtain a certain milestone... like Donald Driver's 10'000 yds. As of now I'm really rooting for Tony Gonzalez to catch his 100th TD.