Other 3-5 teams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Nov 9, 2012.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

I'll start this thread by saying that I don't follow all nfl teams as closely as I do the jets. With that said, lot of people blame mark for us being 3-5. Below are other 3-5 teams in the nfl, do you believe the team's qb is at fault for team being 3-5? If so, why? If not, why?

Bills
    Bengals
    Raiders
    Eagles
    Cowboys
    Saints
    Rams

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i believe mark sanchez is at fault for all of those teams being 3-5... especially the bills.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Rams have had a tough schedule, but they are also an improving team. Bradford's stats have improved significantly. The problem there is that they have no real talent at receiver.

The Saints were destined to have a bad year after the penalties handed out for the bounty scandal.

The boys have had a very tough schedule, too. Look who they have lost to, and still they split with the Giants. Romo is inconsistent, but still his average performance is better than Sanchez's.

The Eagles? In fact they have a real problem at Qb. Vick is not a Mark Sanchez type Qb, but he has been wildly inconsistent and had way too many turnovers.

The Raiders just have a weak roster. I thought Palmer was going to do better there than he has, but you no doubt would get many Raider fans saying that their Qb is very much a reason why they are 3-5.

The Bengals have been an up and down team the last few years. I frankly do not think much of their coaching staff. They have had a tough schedule, too.

The Bills I think were overrated by too many people in pre-season. It looks like Williams has not helped them too much. I think Fitzpatrick is better than Sanchez, but he's not a top 20 NFL Qb, either.

4. RevisIsland18

so do you believe we have had a tough schedule or not? also do we believe our roster is much weaker after injuries to revis/holmes and barely having keller available the first 4-5 games of the season?

or are you just saying mark is to blame for everything?

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez is not the main problem on the Jets this year but he's definitely in the top 3. I'd say bad run defense, bad run game, Sanchez with maybe the latter two reversed.

6. Jets_dk

Jets_dk New Member

Saints and Jets are both 3-5 because of their QBs.

Saints would probably be 0-8 with almost any other QB... their D is that bad.

Jets would probably be 5-3 with almost any other QB.

7. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I don't blame the qb's of those teams for their records, but I do believe that all those teams have had better quarterback play then the jets (with the exception of maybe Vick)

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the only game the Jets win with a better QB is the Texans game. The Pats game had Sanchez bringing the Jets down to get the score they needed twice in the 4th quarter. The sack that ended it would have happened to Peyton Manning in his prime. You can't do anything as a QB when you have two people with a free run at you off the snap from the right side. Sanchez didn't even have time to wheel and thrw the ball to his left, which would have been grounding.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The Eagles biggest porblem by far is Oline. They have one starter from the begining of the regular still healthy and playing. The group they have out there now all make WFH look good.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sanchez is not the problem with the Jets, you just wish that in his 4th year, he could be the type of franchise QB that could carry his team despite all this mess. Sadly he has not been able to.

11. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

He is largely a part of the problem, mainly because he is not the solution. If Sanchez had progressed the way he should have after 2010, it would not matter as much that the wide receivers and offensive line regressed.

12. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

The Saints issues are defense (a lack there of) and missing their HC more than people expected.

The Bills were over rated from the beginning.

The Bengals have had a tough schedule, and people figured out to double AJ and make the other guys try to make plays. D is weaker this year too.

The Eagles are a mess, starts with O line play, which makes the Jets O line look all-pro. Vick has turned it over too much.

The Cowboys have a similar problem to the Jets IMO, better talent but the same issues on O. Romo is awesome one minute and WTF bad the next. D has been lackluster at times.

The Rams are better than last year, Bradford almost looks ok. God awful O line.

The Jets are a mystery, the can look downright awesome a couple games (bills, colts) and then flat and listless other times. Mark is most certainly not the only issue they have, WR talent is sub par, O line has holes, running game is meh most of the time. D is getting older, less effective. Mark is part of the problem, but he doesn't deserve all the blame. Has to be more consistent. Coaching/playcalling needs to be better as well.

13. Big Blocker

You obviously are not familiar with my position here if you think I blame Sanchez for everything. Of course I do not. I just think along with Woody and Tanny, the CS, he's one of the main problems right now. This is a Qb dominated league, and he's performing worse than rookie Qb's. He sucks.

The Jets schedule? Well it's been something of a mix. The Jets match up well against the Bills, so that was an easy win. They also lucked (no pun intended) into getting the Colts on a down week for them emotionally. So the schedule was not too tough on them there. On balance the other out of division games were more difficult than easy to be sure.

So you had three difficult games, four division games and what ended up being an easy game.

14. Big Blocker

I totally disagree about the Pats game. Sanchez defenders make too much of his pasing yardage in that game when the Pats have a sucky pass D. Meanwhile he turned the ball over and gave up a great chance of a win. I say a Qb who had a decent completion percentage and who did not turn the ball over would have won that game for the Jets.

15. RevisIsland18

so if sanchez was on the saints they would be 0-8? if brees was on the jets they would be 5-3?

16. RevisIsland18

i am not so familiar w/ peoples opinion on the board. yes he performing worse than rookie qbs but at least those rookie qbs have some one descent to throw to except for weeden.

as for the colts schedule its a lot lot easier than our - their tough opponents have been bears, packers (when they faced the packers, they were playing like crap) - we have had to play texans, 49ers, steelers, pats in a short period of time...colts wouldnt be 6-3 if they had our schedule.

17. RevisIsland18

how would you expect him to progress when you keep taking away talent around him. brady, mannings, rodgers, brees, hell rivers, romo, vick, rothlesberger - no one has had just crappy receivers like we've had this year

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Pats game is not on Sanchez. It is on the receivers (1) and the play calling (2).

When you get a turnover inside the opponent's 20's, with less than 2 minutes to go, you MUST get a TD out of it. 3rd and short - and Greene was very good at that - and Jets do something stupid instead.

A possession prior to that - Hill fucked up so monumentally that it was not even funny; not a single Patriot within the vicinity of 5 yard radius, and he somehow manages to drop the pass that was delivered perfectly to his hands well above his waist. If he caught that ball, he'd be inside 5, if not TD. [And this is not his first nor his last list of his dropsies this season. Just who the hell is coaching this kid?]

As Br4dw4y5ux once put it, he sure looked like a 4th rounder picked in 2nd round. If Jets get TD out of either of the two drives, Jets win the game. No. That game wasn't on Sanchez.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Texans game, again I cannot put that one on Sanchez either. Other than that stupid throw toward Cro, Sanchez wasn't all that bad. The play call didn't account for Watts (1) and another funny part is, Jets actually had a shot if they started throwing the ball from the get go. (Surely, Phillips didn't respect Sanchez's passing ability at all, instead went hell-bent on stopping the run.) (2) It was only after Sanchez started throwing downfield when the game became competitive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

9ers loss and Phags loss - that was a complete team loss anyway, and OL is just as much to blame as Sanchez is on them. (But you can put the blame on Sanchez's shoulder on them - I would have no problem with that.) Steelers game... do you pin that one on Sanchez? Maybe you can.

#18 Zach, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, there is always one or two teams each year that comes "out of the hole" and at least gets a respectable record.

20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I think it would be 1-7 & 5-3. It's just too rare for team to go that long winless.