If Tebow started for Jacksonville, will they still suck?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

He is a great back up QB, but I doubt he is a guy you build a franchise around. I hope the Fins keep him, he is a good "contingency plan", though he is better than any QB that KC or Jax has.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Agreed. Thus I think he is pretty similar to Tebow minus all the unnecessary hoopla and groupies

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Fans are unnecessary to all athletes, and all fans are not groupies. By your reasoning, simply being a fan of Tebow qualifies one as a groupie, which by all accounts should extend to fans of any player or team.

Conversely, he also endures a greater deal of negativity and hatred than any other player, which is also unnecessary. You would fall into this category of unnecessaries.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Sometimes, I wonder if Tebow even wants that attention? My assessment of Tebow is that he a good QB, versatile, but not a guy you "build a franchise around" and win multiple Super Bowls with. I think that is what Elway thought and I don't blame him. I just wished he would have just said it. The Tebow fans hate for Elway was a little over the top. Your goal is to win a Super Bowl, not just a division title and a playoff game. About 90% of the teams would have dumped their current starting QB for Manning, including the Jets.

I think Tim Tebow = Trent Dilfer = Alex Smith = Matt Moore

One other thing, I think the Tebow fans are not as bad as the media thinks they are. The Tebow chants are from a frustrated fan base calling for the backup. Backups are the most popular player on the team. Jets fans were chanting for Brunnel last year (no joke). KC fans were chanting for Quinn, and Jacksonville fans will call for Henne. It is just the nature of football in general.

#44 Diddy, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Elway earned the hatred he got from Tebow fans, IMO well before the trade for Manning. I think most Tebow fans completely understood dumping Tebow for Manning. It was how he acted during the season that upset people. Nobody has immunity from the court of public opinion... even John Elway. I'm sure it doesn't bother him, though. He is still a HOF, SB winning QB with millions of adoring fans. A few Tebow fans disliking him isn't going to ruin his day.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Tebow fans are more like groupies because they follow him from team to team. Most NFL fans do not act like this. I love the shit out of Cameron Wake but if he got traded to the Rams I wouldn't go on their message board pining for him to get a fair shot.

Most fans have favorite players and casually want them to succeed when they go elsewhere but their real loyalty resides with a certain team.

Groupies follow another man around like he is a one man team

I don't have any negativity or hatred toward Tebow. I just don't like hearing about him 24/7 and when I get bored it is pretty entertaining to read his groupies' distorted version of reality and mock them.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Must watch tv, sure. Playoff contender, no.

Becuase Luck and Tebow are equivalent and nothing else is different between JAX and IND? Got it.

If I remember correctly, he was pretty funny on Hard Knocks

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Jax is getting blown out at home again, Tebow could have made that game closer. But that is why my QB in fantasy this week is Luck :up:. What a beast :breakdance:

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think they do their occasional fake "we tried to get Tebow story" (orchestrated by Borat the Owner) to lay the foundation for an eventual move to L.A. They need to cover the Tebow base so people can't say "You didn't try everything, you didn't bring in Tebow."

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

After watching this sorry Jacksonville team play, I think there was one other reason why Tebow wanted to go to NY, they at least have a chance in the post season this season to try to stick to Elway in Denver.

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

He showed excellent judgment -- the Jags are a dumpster fire. Career suicide.

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

That is completely ridiculous. If you can say that people don't follow favorite players from team to team with a straight face, then so be it. I guess all of Peyton Manning's fans were Colts fans, and therefore he has all new fans. What you are saying makes no sense.

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Draw that conclusion if you like, but I certainly did not say that.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Best beach I have to intervene here to save you further embarrassment , the real issue with you posting and saying things like you just said is that you being an actual living and breathing Miami Dolphin fan can not possibly mock anybody .

You are the mock.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

@RealSkipBayless

Jacksonville blew it when they didn't sign home-towner Tebow, bench Gabbert. They'd be extremely competitive & relevant even without MJD.

I have to disagree

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No you did not. But you said he would make JAX a playoff contender and look, Luck has the Colts at 5-3, and that you believe he would do "the exact same thing".

I think JAX has worse talent than IND, especially with MJD out, so for Tebow to do the same exact thing as Luck is doing, he will actually probably have to play lights out and better than Luck has been playing. That's what I jumped to the conclusion you think Tebow and Luck are equivalent talents. Because I don't think an argument can be made that JAX is superior to IND talent wise so the only other variable for them to do what Luck and the Colts are doing is the hypothetical of adding Tebow to JAX

But I do agree that adding Tebow would make JAX more watchable. They have no interest at this point except how bad can it get, and then seeing the Jets play bad enough for JAX to beat them

#56 displacedfan, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Well, your conclusion is not one I suggested, regardless of how you came to it in your mind. My point was that Tebow if he started the season in JAX would have made them a playoff contender, and my point is backed up by factual evidence, as Tebow has already proved he could take a 1-4 team to the playoffs. It's not so much that if Luck can do it, Tebow can do it. It's that Tebow has done it in the past, so Tebow can do it. Luck was just thrown in there for reference.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Shad Khan needs to end the Blaine Gabbert freak show NOW!

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

They might keep up with the player but they don't generally switch from being a fan of one team to being a fan of a new team because one player switched. Unless they are a groupie that is.

Actually it is the opposite. It takes perseverance and will power to stick with a team despite losing. People like me are what being a sports fan is about. You deal with the shitty times because it makes the eventual good times that much sweeter.

You guys, on the other hand, are pouting because Tebow will never live up to his national championship Florida days. You got spoiled and now you follow a bench player to another team and whine because the team sees him as a shitty player. You think he is entitled to a shot instead of earning it in practice.

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Who said we are all Jets fans? Some of us are, some of us aren't. Are you also saying it is impossible to have been a Jets fan and Tebow fan prior to his arrival?

I have stated outright that I am not a Jets fan. I wish them success because Tebow is on the team, but I do not even particularly like the Jets. In fact, I dislike the Jets. What is your point again exactly? I wouldn't care if they made the lost every game or won the Superbowl.