Cromartie says the Jets will make the Playoffs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DimsAllmighty, Nov 8, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Cromartie Gurantees Jets Will Make Playoffs

WellThis is the second Jet defensive player to come out this week and say we are gonna make the playoffs, Thoughts???

2. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think either we are just going to miss the playoffs by one game or barely sneak in.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The good news is that we beat the Colts already, so we have the tiebreaker if tit comes to that point. We also HAVE to beat the Chargers when we play them. Unless they absolutely tank, they'll be a wildcard contender.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Another bold prediction by this team, we are 2 games out though.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no shit. what is a realistic, best case final record for a team that is currently 3-5? 9-7 or 10-6.

10-6 would likely be making it by one game and 9-7 would likely be sneaking in off of a tie breaker. obviously if you think we have a chance at making the playoffs it would be realistically only one of those two scenarios.

6. TXJet

TXJet Banned

Nope. We aren't making the playoffs.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They better beat Seattle then.

8. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

We are NOT going to make the playoffs. I wish this team was better, but they're not playoff material. It's probably better off that we don't make it this year so we can have higher draft picks.

9. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Yeah, really. What are they going to say? We suck, the season is over. They might win 2 more games. I usually don't look at the next season this early but I have.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Your idea just won't work. Teams that make the playoffs year after year eventually will suck b/c of lousy draft picks? Like the Steelers, Giants, Patriots, Packers.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Like Mike Shanahan said?

12. BookEndTackles 72&79

Can care less what anyone in this organization says. Sunday is the only day that counts.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Explain then how teams like Jacksonville suck year in and year out? You think that if teams lose out the season, they will be immediately driven to the top of the league because of high draft picks. Miami is another example.

Teams win when the talent evaluation is on par and they draft quality picks throughout the entire draft. New England is a prime example of this. That whole "suck for luck" logic is terrible. It makes absolutely no sense

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

if they played half as good as they talk they would win alot more games--sadly they have not beaten a good team in almost 2 years

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Tired of these public statements. It's only a couple weeks ago they were spending so much time smack talking Miami & the got their asses handed to them. Stop talking & win some games.

16. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I didn't say that they will be immediately driven to the top of the league because of high draft picks. What I'm saying is, this team is not playoff material. So they're better off with better draft picks. They put us in better positions to get players with more potential. Will they pan out and drive the team to the top of the league? Of course not because that's a team effort. However, good draft picks can potentially help us get stable.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I guess they should say there no way we are making the playoffs? Now if he said where not going to make the playoffs fans like u would get pissed.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The season now comes down to two seperate milestones ...
    The first one is to get to 5-5. The next two games will decide our season. If we lose to either Seattle or the Rams it's time to start looking toward 21013.

If we can accompish that first goal, the the second milestone is much easier ... get to week 17 with an 8-7 record. That means coming up with 3 wins against NE, AZ, Jax, Tenn and SD. All 8-7 teams in the AFC should be in the playoff mix during the last week of play. There will be the usual bucketfull of scenarios, but at least we'll have a fighting chance when we take the field in Buffalo at 1:00

At this point, that's all I'm hoping for.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

OR -

How about a simple: "We are going to try our best to get in the playoff race, but we have a lot of work to do and we are going to take it one step at a time..."

It's not so black and white. He doesn't HAVE to make bold proclamations either way, he could just simply take it in stride.That is what's wrong with this team, they always got to say something like this and it starts with Rex, as he's always spouting stupid B.S. like this.

I'm not picking on you, but it annoys me when people counter their guarantees and other B.S. with "well do you want him to say they aren't going to win??" as if the media tricked them into saying these things. There IS an alternative answer and it doesn't have to be a bold statement!