Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Most awesome thing ever. I drafted this ex-Japanese soccer star out of Hawaii by the name of Satomi Sakamoto. He's like 5'7 and 175, but his speed and acceleration is 99 with an elusiveness and ball carrier vision above 90. Dude can't run a route to save his life and obviously isn't very strong, but he's incredible on punt/kick returns, stretch runs, tosses, and blowing through a running lane. If he gets into the second level he's gone.

1,700 yards 15 TDs with 3 kick returns for TDs as a rookie. BEAST!

#221 Dirty6Sanchez, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Yeah, him and JJ Smoke are amazing on kick/punt returns.

And I FINALLY got the Jordan Parks class. Now I know why everyone likes him, he is a BEAST!

Him and Byron Steele are by far the two most dominant players in the game.

EDIT: Though I like Pooh Carlson and Rockford Odom. Accuracy ratings are easy to upgrade, speed/strength/trucking aren't.

#222 MURDR, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  3. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'm 9-0 online ranked with the Jets. I only pick the Jets to play ranked but against friends ill mix it up with the Redskins sometimes.

4. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Anyone else get Konner Shepard at QB? I drafted him as an 82 overall, have him up to a 96 seven years in, all simming except the playoffs. He's a classic pocket passer, bound for the Hall of Fame.

5. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to start an NCAA Franchise. This Madden game is just way too easy for me and no fun.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The Patriots drafted him in my fantasy league :mad:
    He lit me up for 3 TDs and 300 yards in his 2nd season. I got Andrew Luck though (I started a Jets fantasy madden league). My favorite QB in the game and he lit the Patriots defense up for 400 yards and 3 TDs as well. Luck is so accurate in this game it's not even funny. Destined to be in the HOF

7. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I got the game a few weeks ago on sale at amazon. I'm happy I did, this version is what I have always wanted out of madden. My game is coming along, but I have had the worst time stopping corner routes for TE's unless I manually play it myself. What do you guys do if you are playing man defense against a quality Tight end? I guess I just need a better coverage lb or safety, but that doesn't help me much online...

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

If you don't mind how much?

9. 101GangGreen101

I tend to play Man to Man Nickel Packages and Jam the TE at the LOS with my safety. Press coverage helps. If you play Cover 3 or whatever, the TE can just run up the seam and make a big play

10. Duk Dodgers

Gold box sale for $40 iirc. If you don't have it yet you might as well wait a week for the B.Friday deals. I'm sure someone will sell it for less at that time.

11. Duk Dodgers

Simply the best madden

Press coverage eh? I am not a fan of too much man (my main opponent knows how to beat it handily) so maybe I can 'hot route' a safety who was in a curl zone to play him straight up. I completely win or lose based on my ability to connect with Dustin Keller on corners and outs. He almost always has to get 100+ for me to win haha. I am only 4-0 online but I imagine working the TE is a big part for average/above average play this year.

After spending more time with the game I think some of the offensive/defensive player maker abilities are a little too easy. In football, timing your attempt is a crucial part for making a play. In madden though all I have to do is select the guy and hold a button down...they perfectly time there move almost every time. This is my favorite madden of the current gen by far but I wonder if they could have made timing a bit more a factor in the playmaker system.

Still, wonderful game and the connected careers with the special/unique players are awesome! In my career I drafted a LB in the 4th round who was not even on the radar the prior season because apparently he was out rehabbing from injury. He popped up only during the offseason and I started scouting him because harris/scott combo is getting old fast. Turns out this LB has 95 speed and is a power hitter. He reminds me of Landry lol because 1/2 the time he is flying around in the air and blowing guys up with this big hit animation that causes fumbles or stops guys dead in there tracks. Such a game changer. Also got a 90 speed TE with my 2nd pick in the first round that the 'draft guys' were calling the next Jimmy Graham. Finding these special players can put even the jets on the fast track to superiority haha.

Love the new animation for running, still hate the blocking a.i so I am looking forward to that improving next year. I do feel zone blocking running plays operate differently, its not something i noticed before buts it's a nice addition. Its truly a good feeling being able to put air under a pass to complete a pass that would otherwise be intercepted. Airing a pass out is no longer limited to Streak or Posts...such a huge thing and even after weeks of playing it is a good feeling completing a pass because you put touch on the ball. Sadly doing alot of awesome things with Sanchez is out of the question with his stats :breakdance: but at least in a video game that is quickly fixed.

12. dse2010

dse2010 New Member

Hey guys, I have a YT Channel (called themaddenlab) where I do tips, online team-play games, and other stuff based around the Madden game. Please check it out and if you like it subscribe!

13. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Is that your website in your sig?

14. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor, if you see DeAngelo McClain, draft him. Dude is a NIGHTMARE matchup at TE. 6'6 245 lbs with a speed of 91 and great big play ability. The computer just cannot cover the guy, he blows right by LBs and Safeties and is a good 6 inches taller than most corners. Think Gronkowski with Wes Welker speed...

15. dse2010

dse2010 New Member

Yes it is my website.

I do a lot of Madden and NCAA Football tips on my Youtube channel. Here's a pretty cool play from the New Orleans playbook that is very good against man or zone defense. Let me know what you think or leave a comment! If you like what you see, please subscribe!

tiny.cc/ctoiuw

#235 dse2010, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  16. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Just going to list some of my favorite players I've come across so far.
    ()King Collins - He's a lightning fast Halfback with something like 99/98 Acceleration/Speed and low/mid nineties agility and elusiveness. He's very small and short which I kind of like in a back, but has very low strength.
    ()Deonte Young - Essentially the same as above in 6'2" 211lb WR body, with good catching skills. Dude's just a playmaker.
    ()Drew Onkka - 6'5" 340lb RG best offensive lineman I've come across. He's a 99 overall for me right now, with 99 in every blocking type and awareness and 97 injury. Doesn't have fantastic mobility, but perfect aside from that.
    ()Marion Marks - He was a TE that played for my team and finally retired but I was so sad to see him go because he was my security blanket for years on here. Had good size, great speed and pass catching ability, and getting his blocking up wasn't too expensive.
    ()Brandon Dunn - ROLB with good size, speed, and strength but awful coverage skills so I use him as my LE which he does EXTREMELY well. But I run a 4-3 base, so I'm not sure how he'd function in a 3-4 outside of using him strictly as a pass rusher.

I could keep going but this is already a wall of text. Pick these guys up if you get the chance for sure!

What playbooks do you guys use? I usually use Ravens playbook on offense and Giants (traitor! I know) playbook on defense.

17. 101GangGreen101

I use the Saints playbook on offense and 3-4 defense.

My favorite 2 drafted players are Keon Rose (SS) and Mustafa Spain (WR)
    Rose is such a monster - forces fumbles, gets INTs, sacks (I'm going to have to PAY DA MAN)

Spain reminds me of Randy Moss seriously, he blows by everyone and he's 6'4, I developed him from a 75 overall and now he's at 90

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I'm just about to buy madden 13 and may just get a second hand one. Whats the bonus stuff you get with the code about , and is it worth getting it? Cheers

19. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

The code is needed for online play. If you never play online you don't need it.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Go kill the quarterback. Every passing problem solved.