Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

some areas M...if you snow blow with 3 inches or more...fire up bud. Some areas on Conn will be in the zone..and I cant honestly tell you who

2. jaywayne12

I hear the wind is blowing the snow sideways there...could be nonsense. But radar there shows some pretty heavy snow.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

NNJ Here. It's a blanket already...thick snowflakes and yes, Gusts blowing sideways @ times...

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It is sideways...Winds reaching 35 MPH here

5. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Roads covered and it appears my alarm clock reset. Which means power went out at some point. OH JOY!

6. jaywayne12

Yeah..the power..the power...Im not sure I can do that one again so soon. Problem is wind combined with wet trees and now snow sticking to them and the wet part freezing..kind of like a vacuum to the snow..and then crack. Hope thats not the case.

Here is a great radar for nyc and north jersey. You can see the yellow swinging of LI and entering NYC right now..must be heavy snow right now..very heavy..and that will eventually swing into NNJ. The next 6 hours will be a bit rough for many.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/r...7&lightning=0&smooth0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

Now there is always the chance that bright yellow starts to shrink in size...and that would really be a good thing and signal that the low pressure has bottomed out...and starts to lose some power..but i doubt it over the next 4-6 hours.

#2406 jaywayne12, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I'm in NWNJ / Rockland and it is beginning to stick in the streets,,,,not snowing too hard yet and not too windy,,,,,,ps tv weather just said 3 to 6 inches in this area,,,,but I am going to keep reading this threadan will post what is going on here

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Im in fairfield county CT...I got at least 4 inches so far...not too windy though. This just sucks ass

9. jaywayne12

Wayne, NJ..about 3 inches here..but the roads are just starting to get covered. The heavy bands are working in East to West and now just entering Passaic County. I would say CBG you are looking at about an hour before it really picks up.

Very windy. Now its entering there call of 3-6 or 4-8 depending....so my guess is that the heavy stuff keeps coming and then eventually you will see that above radar start to dry up.

10. jaywayne12

That seems to be the trend in NNJ right now RT.

Did Rex get fired or something? I havent had the balls to enter the Jet board the past 2 weeks...afraid I may blow a gasket. Reason I ask is the site seems slow to me...probably me tonite.

11. jonnyd

I stuck my cock in the snow. I would say we have at least 11 inches

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

So why was it you got your wife big blue again?

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks Jay Wayne----I was actually out side checking it out and as of 6 :45 it was coming down lightly and not too windy-----Jay and the rest I will let you know if and when it kicks up-----ps the tv guys said it slows down around midnight, is that the case Jay ? be safe all

14. jonnyd

haha my back dude

15. Drew

Drew Active Member

Conditions in Brooklyn are awful... complete slippery mess..

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

7:25 and REAL WINDY out there---wind is kicking up,,, but still not snowing really hard,,its blowing but not coming down cats n dogs or whatever snow does,,,,be safe all

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Wow.. nary a flake here in York, Pa. Unbelievable.. You guys be safe out there tonite.

18. jaywayne12

the radar really slows up once it spreads to NW Jersey CBG.

I will say this..if this storm happened in the middle of the winter I would be pretty impressed with the wind and the snow..but November 7th? This right now is the craziest week of weather for many of us....ever.

over 4" of snow everywhere now..roads are dangerous. Took a ride...really bad. Good thing is that the radar is starting to dry up west to east. CBG...you should probably have very ilight snow now but wind.

From West to East it starts to slow down..and hour at a time...Passaic Couinty...Bergen County and then into NYC and then L.I and Conn probably a little after midnight.

Good news? 60's by the weekend and sunny skies...a bit of a warm up over the next couple weeks...enjoy it..because this winter is going to be a wild ride.

19. jaywayne12

Looking back over the radar..its very good news for LI and Conn...a huge dry slot (not a dry slut Jon) is spreading thru those areas East to West..here is a current radar. The outside of the radar looks empty and may be...but this shot does not pick up whats going on outside the field..it could be snowing hard..but you will get it when you see it.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/r...min=2&num_stns_max=9999&avg_off=9999&smooth=0

20. jaywayne12

incredible cut off cman. Thanks bud.