JARVIS JONES or MANTI TE'O, the only Defensive choices in Rd 1

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Nov 5, 2012.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The Jets are going to have to lose every game to get a opportunity to draft Star. Star is going to be drafted either 1st or 2nd...I have no doubt. Like I mentioned earlier, Carolina , Cleveland & Jax would all take Star in a heartbeat.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I really don't have a favorite College Footbal team, not even Ohio State. I kind of follow Big Ten teams a little more than other teams, and that's just because I live in the Mid West.

I love College Football and the draft process and of course the NYJ.

I'm really glad Notre Dame is relevant again, it's great for Saturday Football.

I love great Football players and Te'O is one of the best College Football players, if not the best. My avatar won't change till after the draft!!

3. Titans

Titans Member

I also like Damontre Moore he is an absolute beast without as much help as Jarvis Jones has on Georgia. Moore is 6-4 250lbs and plays with his hand on the ground and standing up to date he has 11.5 sacks and countless pressures I think his upside is greater than Jones.

4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

WW, who would you compare star to

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Vince Wilfork is a decent comparison.

6. blackssmagic

Fuck it then I am tanking the season cause we are not winning the superbowl this year anyway and drafting star

7. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

<<<<---- Dion Jordan

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Really good player, but not in the zip code of Jones and Te'o.

9. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

He isnt but when it all said and done his potential (hate this word) is really limitless. Been watching more and more tape of him and he is going to be special. I think you limit him as 43 end because he is so gifted in coverage, he really doesnt have a weakness and makes so many plays in space you never have to take him off the field.

Manti Te'o and Jarvis Jones are elite prospects in there own right and i really like them as well. Jones wont be available for us, and i really like Te'o i think its finally time we draft a LB who can actually get after the QB.

We were so close to drafting Chandler Jones. While i dont regret the decision seeing as hindsight is 20/20 and who knows how productive he wouldve been in our 34 compared to there 43. Jordan compares to Jones very well and with the kind of season Chandler Jones is having i think Jordan is even a better prospect. Way more athletic, not as stiff, and has deceptive speed.

Jordan as of right now is my #1 target for the Jets in the upcoming draft.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm not ready to declare Chandler Jones DROY, he was a good option for gang green.. The Jets have even screwed with Cople's mind , just like they have with Sanchez. Coples isn't a perfect player, but he has all the tools to be a solid NFL d-lineman.

I'm not changing my mind and still believe the Patriot's other 1st rd pick is going to be an outstanding player.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

I think Jones and Jordan are completely different... Jones is a 4-3 end with not much ability in space, Jordan is a 3-4 OLB (imo) and very gifted in coverage (as you said, he's also a former TE which translates to moving in space). I dont see the athletic upside in Jones as I do Jordan and I dont think Jordan plays as violent as Jones can... I think Jordan is a much better prospect for us and I think he'll sore up the draft board come in the spring.

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I still think that with the idiocy that is our offense right now, we will be going offense in round 1. Frankly if we are in the 6-10 range, I would like a short trade back and pick up the beast to be that is Terrance Williams.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Te'o's attitude is what this team needs.....

14. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Manti Te'o is the next Ray Lewis. Mark my words.

15. blackssmagic

So do you move davis outside or cut harris

16. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Trade Harris for picks.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

When you pay an average ILB money that Patrick Willis should be getting, you'll find it to be hard looking for a trading partner...

Yet another brilliant Tanny move.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Jones was an absolute beast in the Florida game and I want him to be our guy but I don't know if we'll be bad enough to get him. We have some winnable games but you just never know in this league. None of them are gimmies but I could see us going 5-3 in the 2nd half which would not be good if we want a high pick.

19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

me as well. This guy is gonna be great.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Correct, they overpaid for a one dimensional player who's one good dimension is what the league is getting away from. Not saying stopping the run isn't important but when the league is based on guys like Brees, Manning, Brady, and high powered offenses and you have no help at LB you get exposed. Harris was a monster when we blitzed and could get to the QB but without a monster pass rush he is pretty useless.