Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I've been bouncing around the anti-Sanchez threads and I've come to a conclusion. First, the background (based on my own observations and the points made by others here):

Exhibit A: One of the things people get on him for is the constant pump fakes - I've made a previous point that in his first couple of years he would look at a receiver on the sideline and then throw to him - and after awhile the pick 6s going the other way started. If he would hvae learned to pump fake those plays once in a while, the defender would jump in front, no ball would be on the way, and he'd have a wide open receiver. Apparently, someone on the staff noticed it because he started to pump fake and now does it so much that it doesn't work.

Exhibit B: the point made above about Sanchez taking sacks by holding the ball too long. Someone told him he holds the ball too long, he's got to avoid the sack, and now he's trying to force the ball in so he doesnt take sacks, or he's fumbling it, etc. But he went too far to the other extreme.

Exhibit C: he used to scramble and make plays ,now he stays back in the pocket and waits...........and waits............and waits..........until he either gets sacked (and fumbles) or he eventually gives up and tries to force the ball in where there are three defenders. Someone must have told him that he needed to have more of a pocket presence and now he doesn't improvise AT ALL.

I could go on and on with exhibit, all the way to Exhibit ZZZ if I had to, but here's the conclusion:

Mark Sanchez is not smart enough to discern between the old way and the new way. He is taught something new, and goes with that exclusively so that it is rendered as ineffective as the mistake he was making in the first place.

A QB with football smarts learns to pump fake occasionally to keep the defense honest. A QB with football smarts learns to throw the ball away, or scramble when he doesn't have an open receiver.

Mark Sanchez has no football smarts at all.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the defense had no part in brining us back in that game?

did they net get several stops late to give the offense a chance to tie the game?

also, sanchez didnt "give the defense the lead". we recovered a fumble on a kickoff at the 20, didnt move the ball, and kicked a FG. thats our special teams giving us the lead.

also, the defense didnt blow the game, sanchez did by fumbling it away in OT.

a good QB goes for 300 yards 3+ TDs. hell even russell wilson did that

3. The_Darksider

Is this a serious question? He may not be different than many of the owners, but he's a LOT different than the ones who have built great organizations that compete every year and win fairly regularly.

I dont want an owner who is greedy and more concerned with PSL sales and keeping his team in the media to feed his ego than he is about winning.

4. The_Darksider

I'm a tried and true Darksider, and even I don't believe that. No matter what we think, this guy at best is a no-mistakes, game-managing QB who could win, but won't ever carry a team.

5. The_Darksider

Yes, all owners want to make money. The point you're missing is that the good owners, the ones who win consistently, understand that if you build a good team that competes year after year, you'll make money because people will come. The Woody Johnsons of the world do it the opposite way - gouge people just to makemoney assuming that they'll always be there no matter what shitty product you put on the field.

6. The_Darksider

The point was he went all out to GET Manning - he trades Tebow before that, and doesn't get Manning, the fans go apeshit and he's got a mutiny on his hands. He wanted him out of there badly enough that he had to go overspend and gamble on a legend, because only a legend could get him off the Tebow hook.

Great job by Elway, and a pair of titanium balls.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

oh you need 300+ yd and 3 TDs to have a good game:rofl:

The D played a role, the D played well most of the game but mark brought us back down 10 on the road in the toughest building in the league, we got a TO and mark left the field w/ a lead but like so many times in his career he left w/ a lead that was lost by the D and the D had a chance to get a stop in OT- did they? NOPE.

Mark made a couple of mistakes, one his fault(the INT), another not(the fumble) but he kept us in the game and gave us a chance to win. We didn't lose b/c of QB play and he did it w/ no threat of a ground game.

8. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

It's this kind of delusionary thinking that has us stuck with Mark Sanchez. Mike T doesn't want to look like the total asshole he is, so he cannot acknowledge Sanchez is a bust and is hoping for a miracle - that Sanchez will become a decent NFL qb.

All the jackasses who disparage Tebow and Mcelroy are just that - jackasses. Every sentient being know that Sanchez is far and away the worst qb in the NFL. His play is embarrassing and disgraceful. It may very well be true that Tebow and Mcelroy would be just as embarrassing and disgraceful, but the fact is that there is no way to know that until they are given a chance to play - despite the exhortations of clueless Sanchez fanboys.

If there was even a 1% chance that Tebow or Mcelroy could play to the level of an average NFL qb (and the odds are probably higher then 1%), then they should get a chance to play. The time to keep shoveling Sanchez out there and hoping he improves has long since passed - he is total dog shit.

The inability or refusal to acknowledge this has become a coaching failure and a failure of the administration. I think Rex has the potential to become a decent NFL coach if given the proper tools, but if he keeps shoveling the human garbage that is Mark Sanchez onto the field for the rest of the season he deserves to lose his job along with Mike T.

9. nyjunc

under your avatar it says you joined Jan 2010, did you not see Makr Sanchez play in jan 2010 and Jan 2011?

10. The_Darksider

I'm with you 100% as regards this staff - Rex should have been let go after last seasons when he lost the team, and he apparently hasn't been able to get them back. I'm just saying that if they thought McElroy was an improvement, or honestly felt they could win with Tebow in there, they'd have been given a shot by now.

11. nyjunc

you think after 2 title game apps he should have been let go b/c he went .500? you know Tom Coughlin lost the Giants LR before 2 Giants SB runs, right?

I don't think this season has been about getting the LR back as much as we have been battered injury wise and we aren't that talented.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't forget, he's got Brock Osweiler and Caleb Hanie on the roster if that Manning fellow doesn't work out.

13. The_Darksider

Yup, primarily because he knew he could never keep Tebow there as a backup after last year. Tremendous gamble. I wanna go to Vegas with that guy.

14. nyjunc

LONG way to go before it works out, they made the div rd w/ Tebow. If they don't win a div rd game w/ Manning it's a failure and Peyton has never been a great postseason QB.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

How exactly would Tanny look bad if either Tebow or Mcelroy were better then Sanchez? He traded for Tebow and drafted Mcelroy. If either one of them had any shot at bringing more to the table then Sanchez they would make Tanny look good.

The Jets were built to win a SB in 08 and 09 and got pretty close both times. With a declining D they still went deep in the playoffs in 10. Sanchez sucks but he has miles more upside then either Mcelroy or Tebow and since the Jets are rebuilding there is absolutely no reason not to give him all the snaps in the new system.

We may need a new quarterback but that guy isn't on the roster right now.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If Manning takes the Broncos to the Super Bowl and wins it, will it will solidify him as the best qb to ever play the game?

In a lot of peoples minds it will.

Still not sure how much of a gamble it is to take him over Tebow.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Define upside.

Experience?
    Sure, but it's not like Sanchez ever wowed anyone with his play.

Except nyjunc of course...

18. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I've been a Jet fan for 30 years and a was a lurker here for several years before I actually registered. Sanchez was sub-par to start, but most 1st and 2nd year qb's are. He has gone in the wrong direction, whether it was his fault, Shottenheimers fault, or some other reason, at this point it doesn't matter, it's time to move on.

It will make him look bad because this past off season Tanny gave Sanchez a new contract and a ton of new money.

No, I think he should be let go because he has consistently been among the bottom 3 qb's in the NFL, because he makes bad decisions, he stares down his receivers, he turns the ball over way too much, he can't even make the easy throws, never hits a man in stride, and has no leadership skills.

#1758 Frenbar, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  19. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? The answer is obvious. He's given Sanchez a $60 million contract with $20 million guaranteed until 2013.
    What a DISASTER.

#1759 truthbtold, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  20. nyjunc

it will get him in the discussion but again he took over a team that tim Tebow led to the div rd so it's not like he took over the '76 Bucs. Denver isn't winning the SB but if miraculusly they do he'll enter the discussion after so many playoff flops in Indy.

he's a guy we know we can win w/, those guys aren't easy to find. Giant fans wanted to move on from Eli pre SB run in 2007 too, it's way too soon to give up on a guy that has shown so much promise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.