Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Comical....carried the team.....hahahaha

Pros -
    * Throws a spiral Sometimes
    * Can complete a pass Not often
    * Can make a touchdown When?
    * Can hand the ball off See safety vs Pats

2. matt robinson 17

Terrible, telling stat....

3. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I dont think Woody is any different then just about any other NFL owner is my point. He doesn't call the shots on the field, Rex does. The idea that Woody is really concerned with winning is stupid in my opinion.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That would make sense except against the Pats we still had trouble running the ball when we threw for 300 yards and against the Colts we didn't need to pass the ball and still ran it well.

Again, people missing the point. PArt of the reason we can't go deep is because we don't protect long enough consistently enough. To get over this, we throw deep on max protection. The problem with this is that there are only so many receivers you can have when you leave 7 guys in the block. Maybe just maybe more than one player is affecting the offense right now. I know that's hard to believe for a lot of people, but there is more than one person on offense.

Then the whole thing is, are you giving Sanchez credit when the running game plays well? If the QB affects the running game, then Sanchez has to get credit for 09 and 10 when we ran the ball effectively? See how ridiculous your argument sounds?

5. sanchise

sanchise Member

Sanchez is the starting QB for the NJ Jets, even if Fireman Ed doesn't approve of him. But I'm sure Sanchez would rather be on another team right now with all the criticism from Jets fan who don't understand football.

6. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Yeah, because the Jets are the only team with fans like that.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

With his lack of production vs. salary/lifestyle ... and no capable backups (in the eyes of the coaching staff) I don't think he's as eager to switch teams as you're imagining.

8. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Not really. Eli made a lot of headscratching-mistakes his 4th year, but he also had instances of great games and showed the ability to lead the team. He was frustratingly inconsistent and it took away from the ability he demonstrated (albeit in flashes). In his defense, Eli was also asked to call blocking assignments and audibles. He had a lot thrown at him and showed the ability to handle it and be successful; it was just physical misfires that caused his problems.

I don't think Sanchez has had as much asked of him and I think that limits his opportunity to show what he can do. At the same time, I think he is struggling with what is asked of him. I don't see Sanchez turning a corner as dramatic as Eli did in 2007, but I can see him improving.

The weirdest thing about this is that 2 years ago I would have said Sanchez WAS on his way to turning a corner and being a good NFL starter for 10+ years. I don't know if there are injury issues, defensive coordinators have adjusted to him, his surrounding cast isn't good, or if he just peaked very early talent wise, but Sanchez has regressed.

At this point I don't think he's the answer for the Jets. I'm not saying they won't win some games with him as starter, but I don't think he's taking this team to the heights they expected.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so those who are critical of our 30 something ranked qb dont understand football?

i think you are on the wrong forum.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Dude, every owner wants attention for their team. Saying that the Mara family doesn't care about making money is asinine.

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

We'll see..

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I do believe that sometimes, Eli turns into Bad Eli for some reason, and it is always against a garbage team. He make poor read and throws awful ints. I think Sanchez is the same way, he can show greatness at times and sometimes he looks like utter garbage. Same can be said for Tebow. The differance between Eli and Sanchez/Tebow is that Eli is Elite Eli 90% of the time and always steps up his game late in the year. Sanchez/Tebow, well let just say it the luck of the draw what you get more like 50/50. You don't want a franchise QB to do that.

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

To think for a second any team is scared of Sanchez throwing the ball on them would be downright comical. They were successful running mostly against 7-8man fronts because the line was just flat out dominate those first two years. Any RB would of had a field day with us then. Now if teams were scared of the pass and only having 6 man fronts the majority of the time, then yeah we can then see that Sanchez gets credit. Now the line isn't nearly as good right now with Moore aging, Slauson in, and Howard in, and you can see how Sanchez gets exposed when you try to put the game on his shoulders.

14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

What other team outside of Jax and Arizona would even want him? Even then, i cant imagine any team being dumb enough like the Jets to pay this guy a TOP 5 salary with bottom 5 results. Only in NYJ land could we get raped that hard by an underperforming player....You fanboys are amazing...

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Just because people see the QB situation differently than you doesn't make them a fanboy. It seems the rational people here are labeled fanboys and the irrational, dump the QB, start over with Tebow or McElroy because they will overcome all of this team's short comings and win the Super Bowl are abundant. Speaks volumes to where this fanbase is.

#1655 RobertTheJr, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  16. displacedfan

At no point did you address what I was saying :breakdance: I never even said teams should be scared of Sanchez throwing the ball. No idea what your talking about.

Someone tried to explain our run game looks bad because of Sanchez. But wouldn't that mean when Sanchez looked good (NE) the run game should look good when it didn't? Or why did it look good against IND even though we didn't really pass it? It doesn't make sense. The reason the run game is bad is partly on the pass but the reason the pass game is bad is partly on the run game. It all comes back to the offensive line.

17. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Luck 10/13 170 yards 1 TD with nearly 3 quarters to go against Miami. How much more pathetic does Sanchez look now...

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

LMAO I actually made a typo. I'm arguing that Woody isnt any different then any other NFL owner and that he does care about winning.

What I meant to write was "The idea that Woody ISNT really concerned with winning is stupid in my opinion.

My apologies for the misprint.

19. displacedfan

How pathetic did Aaron Rodgers look last year against the Chiefs defense, the same Chiefs defense that Sanchez played well against?

Come on guys, use actual arguments and ideas, not these dumb one game examples :breakdance:

This is what I mean. There is so much to pick apart on Sanchez and kill him for, and people pick the most ridiculous things.

20. matt robinson 17

273 at the 1/2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.