Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i really disagree. you shouldnt build around one of the worst players on your offense and a guy who led the NFL in turnovers. they should instead go abck to building around the offensive line, runningbacks, and defense. we were most successful when sanchez barely passed. and when we were more run oriented.

blame it on whoever you like, but bottom line, he has been a turnover machine. and in this league, when you turn it over, you lose.

but building around sanchez or trying to have him lead the offense is what started this downfall. shotty having him throw 35+ times a game was a disaster

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no, the moderators dont hate sanchez, so no need to segregate posts about him

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

They were play the Chiefs, i.e the worst team in the league!

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was thinking it'd be for the benefit of the rational members of GangGreen.

They can talk about how over-rated Namath is as well.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

But you're going to build around the worst D, runningbacks and Oline we've had in a long time? Yeah.. Makes sense.. :up:

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sanchez can't hit 90% of his passes warming up on the sideline...

We play SD week 16...let's see if Sanchez can out-duel Rivers. We have a pretty good pass coverage, right?

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Rivers >>>>> Sanchez

8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Yeah - thanks for posting some perspective.

If one cherry picked stats, they could point to the Bills, Colts, or Patriots game in favor of Sanchez.

People like to fire off on those who use a single game to defend Sanchez, and then return to do the same thing to tear him down.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I wasn't dissing Sanchez...I was saying Rivers didn't look like "a shell of his former self" against the Chiefs.

I'm not even saying that Rivers would be better than Sanchez here in NY.

I've always said that Sanchez was damn lucky to land with the Jets.
    Go ahead and search my posts on that. Any other team he'd be sitting.

He's simply horrible of late, on a team that desperately needs good play out of the QB position and maybe more importantly, needs a strong leader.

Sanchez supplies neither.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And anyway...this thread is about Sanchez sucking.

All Sancho fanboys should leave immediately!!!

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I think god is an imaginary concept, so I don't use a capital g. My post was a joke. I don't worship the guy, I just don't think he's as bad as the ranters and ravers keep saying. Give the kid a solid oline and receivers that stick around more than 2 years and he'll be fine.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

They SHOULD build any team around the QB, if they are realistically looking to be successful. The problem is the talent has dropped off on all aspects of the game. Special teams, defense and offense have all underperformed. Why didn't the Giants drop Eli Manning after 2010? He was a turnover machine and had more turnovers that year than Sanchez has ever had in any of his years in the NFL. I don't think anybody disagrees that 2010 was our best year with Sanchez at the helm. In that year, passing and running attempts were almost even. All we need is balance, we don't need a 2009 style ground and pound for Sanchez to be successful. 2010 proves it. He just needs decent protection and receivers to build chemistry with. A running game and good defense helps as well. It all starts with the oline. We need to build it up and make it deep again. Teams use to fear our oline. I still feel its the weakest unit on the team next to WR.

It seems like it all goes back to not signing Edwards, and not addressing the line this off season or last. 2 fatal mistakes that really hurt Sanchez. This is really Tanny's fault. They addressed both of those needs way too late and the talent level has gone down drastically since the 09 and 10 seasons. This year we still have a chance, but everybody has to step up, including Sanchez, but honestly it's looking more like our talent from the draft won't really emerge until next season.

#1612 Barcs, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

There's really no argument.

The Jets need better production out of the quarterback position in order to win games.

It's really that simple.

If Sanchez can get it done, then fine.
    If not, sit down and let somebody else give it a shot.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The Jets need better production out of pretty much everybody in order to win games.

We used to have one of the best olines in the league
    We used to have a badass running game
    We used to have 3 very good receivers (Bray, Holmes, Cotchery)
    We used to have a top 5 defense
    We used to be able to stop the run.
    We used to have Revis & Holmes

Nothing is ever simple lol. Do you really think that with this much dropoff in talent at key positions that Sanchez is going to improve his stats? Can you name a single aspect of the game that the Jets team has improved in? Just one would be great. The d line is deeper but still hasn't fully clicked. That and CB are the deepest units on the team, but we are injury plagued this year, so both have taken a hit and we are relying on rookies and fill in guys to step up.

#1614 Barcs, Nov 2, 2012
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Now I'm really depressed.

#1615 Acad23, Nov 2, 2012
  16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Of course he is. But he has played as badly or even wrose than Sanchez for a couple games this season. We can list at least 25 QBs playing better than Sanchez right now, but only about 10 of those QBs could come here and make us a successful team. That's a difference a lot of people don't get, but I think you do.

17. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I agree with you that the roster is weak, but this doesn't absolve Sanchez from all of his individual mistakes. He's not making throws that a 4th year starter should make. He is very clearly getting rattled by pressure and is doing so fairly early in games. Most QBs look great if their OL keeps them clean all game long; Sanchez looking good when he has 4 seconds to throw the ball isn't an indictment on the team, it's more of an indictment on Sanchez.

I agree that he doesn't have great pass-catching options to throw to, but he isn't doing himself any favors with the targets he has. Off-target throws minimize YAC and big play capability. If the WRs are lacking, the QB needs to pick up the slack and help put them in positions to help the team; Sanchez isn't doing that.

It all adds up to a below average QB on a below average team. Sanchez may not be the totality of all that is wrong with the team, but he's certainly a large part of it.

Oh, and for someone that likes to look at the nuances and contributing factors behind stats, you do a great job of looking the other way on Eli Manning's 2010 season. He had 9 INTs go off his receivers hands that year. It doesn't excuse all the stupid things he did (f*cking left-handed INT!!) but if you want to look at the things happening behind the numbers, you should at least be consistent.

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

What do you mean an "owner like Woody Johnson"? Your buying to much into what the media says. Rex decides who plays and who sits, not Woody Johnson. What makes Woody any different then most of the other owners in the NFL?

#1618 kevmvp, Nov 2, 2012
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We have all waited each and every week to see Sanchez get better,,,improve,,grab the starting job and run with it,,,,,has not happened . Sanchez has looked worse as weeks have gone on ,not better. I hated the move for Tebow and still do but rite now we need some one , anyone and that includes McElroy to grab the starting job and run with it. The guy playing qb no matter who he is has to play within himself and not make stupid mistakes ! The qb is allowed mistakes but the good ones learn from them and rarely repeat them! A good qb also makes the guys around him better,,,,,,,,,I like Sanchez a lot but I just don't see this from him

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

heh - You don't think Woody is the reason Tebow is a Jet?

"We're in the media business" - Woody Johnson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.