Dyer: Jets Choosing To Validate Sanchez Rather Than Win With Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Tebow last year compared to Sanchez now ? I'd take the lower comp % in exchange for the 600+ yards in rushing and the better TD/turnover ratio.

And this is presuming that Tebow hasn't improved since last year.

2. Potzer

Potzer New Member

I have seen no evidence that Sanchez gives a better chance to win.

Stating its so, doesn't make it so. Is my only point.

I think its likely Tebow has a better record if he were to start. I have no evidence of that either. Which is why I haven't stated, "Play Tebow instead of Sanchez to win more games"

I would like to see it however.

Edit:

Well I guess I did just say "Play Tebow instead of Sanchez"
    I edited in the " to win more games" portion.

#102 Potzer, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  3. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I don't see how he could have. If he did, he did it having climbed against a REALLY REALLY steep hill. It just isn't stacked in his favor.

He looked no different in the pre-season, and the Jets seem to have been working Tebow in just about every area BUT QB. I don't see how that is going to make him better than Sanchez.

The additional yards from rushing was nice, but they still ranked near the bottom of the league in one of the most unproductive offenses in Denver history.... certainly over the last 2 decades. Didn't keep them out of first place in three and outs either.

It just doesn't make up for not passing. If anything, it made the offense more one dimensional as evidenced by the league leading three and outs and really low scoring numbers.

It would be easier for me to believe that perhaps he had improved had the coaching staff invested more time in improving his QB skills rather than investing time running wild cat packages and punt protecting.

4. Demosthenes9

For you to say that tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about wrt Tebow throwing the ball. His mechanics/release were a hell of a lot better. Ball came out of his hand better. Consistency was much better.

If you go back and look, you'll see that he was throwing spirals and they were largely on target. What you didn't see were the fluttering ducks or the balls in the dirt that were so frequent last year.

Through the preseason, he still had things to work on. For the most part, what he needed was more reps just throwing different passes, as opposed to actual practice reps. That is, just him throwing to receivers running different routes.

5. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Yeah, he was so much better in preseason. Him going 13/36, for a blistering 36% completion percentage, and his 2 picks, against 3rd string defenses, really showed us all that he has drastically improved.

I know I want a guy with a 26.5 QBR, against 3rd stringers running my offense...

6. Demosthenes9

Guess what Sunshine. If receivers are running the wrong routes, doesn't matter if the defenders are 1st team or college kids, as they won't be where the ball is being delivered.

Secondly, if you had a clue, you'd understand that you have to look at the actual passes and see what's going on. Overthrows or underthrows are correctable with more repetitions, especially when a QB has changed their mechanics.

It's like when you change your swing in golf. If change leads to an increase in headspeed, then you need to relearn each shot. For example a shot you used to hit with a solid 8 iron, you either need to take something off of it, or drop down to a 9 iron instead. It gets especially tricky when you are inbetween clubs as you have to go by "feel".

So, a simple out route that a QB has thrown 500 times in the past has to be relearned. You have to get reps throwing that same pass with your new mechanics in order to be on target.

Tiger Woods is a great example. The dude could hit every single golf shot that there was, better than just about anybody else. But, for whatever reason, he decided to change his swing. He then had to go back and relearn all his shots with his new mechanics, and that's something that takes time and repetitions.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Higher QB Rating
    More Yards per attempt
    Better TD:Turnover Ratio

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

id rather lead the league in 3 and outs then lead it in turnovers(like sanchez did last season).

protect the ball, play good defense and at least you have a chance. keep turning it over and you will lose often

9. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

Hard to argue with this. And look Jerseyjay joined in 2009.