Unleash (Or Release) Tim Tebow!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by _Jet_, Oct 30, 2012.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah I'm much more inspired by a guy like Davone Bess growing up in Oakland who went undrafted instead of overdrafted and made it to be a productive slot WR

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Right - cause that's exactly what was said. Good Call Buddy.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You also don't take every criticism of Devone Bess personally.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

True

And if he went to another team and was stuck on the bench behind a better slot WR I probably wouldn't cry about it

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

After all the advantages Tebow had (what with being white and home schooled), the state passing record practically broke itself, and the state championship in Florida (first one for that school) practically won itself. The Heisman and BCS championships were an afterthought (frankly, he was the weak link on those teams).

And hanging around as a professional quarterback in the NFL for a few years? Anybody can do that. It's basically a given.

The playoff victory? A natural result of the opportunity he had from being home schooled. If you're home schooled, a postseason victory as a quarterback in the NFL is an expected result.

6. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Same thought went through my mine. Just because he's given an opportunity, he still needs the talent and drive to capitalize.

7. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I'm not holding anything that his family did against him. That wasn't the nature of this discussion. I just don't find Tim Tebow's story particularly inspiring is all, and that's what we were talking about.

8. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

It's a well known story told by his book, as well as many other media coverage. I agree with Urban Meyer that his story is genuine because any small lie would have been blown out as a big thing by hundreds of media scavengers who are still desperately trying to prove Tebow is a fake. Just think about how absurd it was for them to hire professional lip readers trying to catch him use coarse language.

9. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

The Reverend Jessie Jackson would agree with you. Tebow's story does not advance the cause of "Social Justice" and help the Rainbow-Push Coalition in any way. That is what's important here. I can see why you dislike Tebow so much. He's a wealthy, white and Christian and he's been oppressing you all your life.

#69 John Chisum, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Keep Tebow as punt protector. Sanchez has played against a lot of killer defenses this year. Tebow wouldn't have done better. Put him in now and he probably does just because we play easier teams. Keep Sanchez in, and we have a chance to turn things around.

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

WHoa there Pilgrim. Tebow DID NOT choose to go to a "powerhouse school". Nease sucked before he got there, it's why they were the homecoming opponent for most the teams that they played. Nease became a powerhouse because they had Tebow at QB.

12. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

He's just being sarcastic towards phaytal's comment

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm guessing you went to USC.

14. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Again, I say:
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

15. june19

june19 Active Member

He probably did, and sancho suck!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

That pretty much covers it.

17. phaytal

phaytal New Member

What the fuck are you talking about? I am white. I was born in a very nice middle class suburb of Denver. I grew up with two brothers and two parents in a very loving household. I had the opportunity to go to college and grad school. I now make a very healthy living for myself. Not Tebow, nor any other person of means, has in no way affected or oppressed my life.

But there is just nothing inspiring, to me, about a privileged white kid with the best possible home life, who was lucky enough to have hit the gene lottery, make it to the NFL. This fucking dude had the gall to write a memoir, correction - have someone else write him a memoir, at age 22, all because people like you would lap it up like a thirsty dog.

That is not inspiring to me.

People like Nick Vujicic, Randy Pausch, and Liz Murray are inspirational. Not a football player that had every advantage in the world handed to him.

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

How is Tebow's story inspiring if it is about football and his past? who the hell has ever said that?

Tebow inspires because he went to the Philippines and other places around the world helping sick children in need instead of enjoying his time off.

Tebow inspires because he donated most of his signing bonus on his rookie contract to help build hospitals .

Tebow inspires because he helps the make a wish foundation on a weekly basis and works closely with his foundation to help needy children on a WEEKLY basis.

He is an inspirational figure for the deeds he does off the field for others Curly

If he inspires on the football field he does it through leadership and that's a common trait in the NFL , its not exclusive to Tebow.

#78 CowboysFan, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You guess wrong. I'm guessing you were home schooled.

20. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Oh, Bullshit. You purposely painted this as upper crust white bread manipulating the system for the advantage of his kid.

His father influenced the legislation, huh ? Got any evidence of that ? The legislation in question is The Craig Dickerson Act which was enacted in 1996. It was pushed by Craig Dickerson and his wife, Brenda.

And no, Tebow wasn't the first ever home-schooled student to play for a public school in Florida. He's just the most high profile one, and the only one who has won a Heisman.

Additionally, you are wrong about the purchase of the house and whether Tebow lived there or not as well. To enroll in Nease, the Tebow's rented an apartment and Tim and his mother lived there during the school year.