Unleash (Or Release) Tim Tebow!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by _Jet_, Oct 30, 2012.

1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

No need to worry about Tebow. His attitude is so positive that he will make it one way or another. I don't mind to follow him to watch CFL. I don't mind to watch him playing FB or TE. Heck even if he decide to quit football and run for a public office, I bet he will still bring excitement to us.

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Cheer him on in the CFL!

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It wouldn't change a thing -- back in college, all the experts said he'd never even smell the field in the NFL, and I was resigned to that.

To me, that's what life is about. It's not all "winning." It's the striving, the never getting down, even in the face of failure. We all have the grave waiting for us anyway, and what inspires me more than winning is when you stick it to the world, keep on going, no matter what.

Basically, this:

[YOUTUBE]0dKmgPMDnCI[/YOUTUBE]

4. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I'm not saying that Tebow is not inspiring to you, but I just don't get it.

A wealthy suburban white kid who didn't get his way to play quarterback at his first post peewee football team, so his father influenced legislation allowing Tim Tebow to be the first ever home-schooled student allowed to play football for a public high school in the state of Florida. His parents bought a home inside of that high school's district and listed Tebow as a resident there, even though he never lived there a day in his life, so that he met all of the requirements.

Had a great college career on a team that was mind-blowingly stacked.

Got drafted in the 1st round by a coach so bad that he only lasted 16 months as a head coach. Didn't earn the starting position, but was deemed the starter because Kyle Orton played himself out of a job. Had a pretty good winning streak based on spectacular play by his teammates, and won a playoff game.

He was then traded for a 6-pack of Natty Light, and a TGI Fridays appetizer, and is currently riding pine as a quarterback, and has been demoted to special teams.

Oh, and he prays a lot, doesn't bang women, and circumcises 3rd world kids in his spare time.

That is just the furthest from inspiring to me.

This guy is inspiring. And this guy. And this guy.

But certainly not Tim Tebow.

#44 phaytal, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Edit... Nevermind, not worth it.

Must not feed the trolls.

#45 Potzer, Nov 1, 2012
  6. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Why do you keep repeating this lie, when it's been debunked several times before? Here's an example back on September 12, where you said the same lie, and I demonstrated it wasn't true:

What you said then:

Where I destroyed the lie:

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

As I said then, when you said this -- they lived in that apartment. How do you expect people to take your word for it, when you're willing to just completely invent facts about Tebow's father getting legislation passed? Do you honestly expect people to take your word over Tebow's, when you've demonstrated on multiple occasions a willingness to lie, and stick to the lie when called on it?

8. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Not the story I read, but whatever. Let the inspiration flow.

9. JFjets

JFjets New Member

The lies are powerful in this post. Powerfully absurd.

You are a model of anti-Christian bigotry.

10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

It's been like a week since I've heard this one. That's got to be a record.

11. BJXX

BJXX New Member

You have to watch phaytal. He presented "facts" in another thread that myself and others proved wrong. He comes in hard and fast with "facts" that...aren't. And what few facts he does come in with are twisted and misinterpreted.

Oh, and I think he secretly loves Tebow, because for a Broncos fan he sure can't seem to let him go.

12. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Please stop feeding him... I've made an oath to myself to not directly respond to a single post from him, slap or concerned citizen... No matter how absurd. If you all do the same you'll be much appier for it.

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I don't know how many teams would want Sanchez,but I would bet this if Sanchez and Tebow got released at the same time. Somebody would pick Sanchez up before Tebow.

14. Potzer

Potzer New Member

An interesting point. Possibly true.

I think the cult of personality has more to do with that, then ceiling or skill at the qb position.

If they were both released this instant. Tebow wouldn't be flying back from J-ville, and would be signed immediately. Where would Sanchez go? KC, Zona?

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'm no Tebow fan but there not a damn thing wrong with what Tebow family did if it true. Isn't that the part of a parents job? To help make there kids the best they can?

16. JFjets

JFjets New Member

You're absolutely correct. But...it's not true.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

To be honest none us really know if that true or not unless ur in Tebow family. But it dumb to care what went on that TT couldn't control.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't think that's his point though. No one is saying that his parents did something wrong, rather that there's nothing inspiring about it.He was afforded opportunities that others weren't. Isn't that what he was saying - that he found this completely uninspiring, not bad or immoral or illegal or anything.

The story would be different if Tebow wasn't allowed to play football because he was home-schooled. But it wasn't as if Tebow was discriminated against or anything, he was allowed to play football at a christian academy (where he also didn't attend classes). He and his family just sought to leave because - Timmy wasn't playing QB. Plain and simple.

So his family took advantage of a law that's premise is designed to give homeschooled kids a chance to play when they couldn't - not WHERE to play or WHAT position to play. He was given a chance to essentially play where ever he wanted, and "coincidentally" they chose a powerhouse school with a wide open offense that agreed to let him play QB. Most kids have to play for the town they grow up in, not where they want to play...

There's nothing wrong, or even immoral with what the Tebow family did for Tebow, but it's a completely uninspiring story of a wealthy family taking advantage of a law to give their child an opportunity that 99% of children don't get -- which was Phaytal's point I believe. It's not a condemnation of his parents to not have respect for the system or Tebow himself for having been blessed with those wonderful opportunities.

#58 BrowningNagle, Nov 1, 2012
  19. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hahaha, Tim inspires phaytal to act like phaytal is acting.

Rock on Tim!

20. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

This sh** is unbelieveable. Make sure you and Phaytal underline that Tebow was wealthy and white! And that his success in life is a result of the increased opportuity they could afford to buy him! You guys are honestly making me laugh!