Trade Deadline Thursday @ 4PM (moved from Tuesday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

If we are stupid enough to trade him to Jacksonville in season, all we are doing is guaranteeing a Jets loss when we play them in December

2. Ted

Ted Member

The Jags are so bad that the Jets could FAX them the playbook and all signals and still win by a TD. :breakdance:

3. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Which would absolutely put the nail in Tanny's coffin, hence I am all for it.

4. BleednGreen247

Tebow for a 3rd rounder

#Lego

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Tebow cost the Jets the 4th rounder. Right now I'd be willing to trade him for a 5th rounder. Not knocking him as a player but it's just so obvious Rex & staff either don't know how to use him .... don't wanna use him.

It's stupid to sit on trade assets which you don't plan on putting on the field. Right now I think it's better for parties: Jets & Tebow to part ways. If Jax wants to give up a decent pick then Tanny should be all over it.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Considering we may not be in the playoff hunt at that point anyway it may not be such a bad thing as far as draft position goes as well as the potential removal of Rex and Tanny, if it comes to that.

7. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Are you serious..?

Trading him for a 4th or 5th round pick would signal to me that they have admitted their mistake and they're ready to move on and make this team better.

Look..no one wants Tebow except Jacksonville. why not get something for him while he has some value? In the coming years, this team is going to need players..ie draft picks. Keeping him does nothing but keep the circus in town and stunt Sanchez's growth.

If Woody's infatuation with Tebow is the reason he's still on the roster, it speaks to why this team is headed to mediocrity. Acquiring was not a good football move. Holding onto him is even more a dumbass move.

Get rid of him and let's move on.

8. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did some research and some nobody from Jacksonville reported it with due to his "sources" whom he won't name.

Basically a poor man's Manish Mehta.

Pure rubbish.

Woody will end Tebow's career here to sell jerseys and a handful of seats each week unless Tebow requests a trade behind the scenes.

9. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

and you have insider info on this I suppose?

10. Kentucky Jet

Gee I thought that the terrible play of Suckchez that contributed to our mediocrity! Now we know the other side of it! I think that you like others are merely wishful thinking because you hate Tebow. Too many see him as a possible replacement for their hero- Mark Sanchez. Would it be any different if McElroy or Namath was behind Sanchez? Many of you would hate whoever our backup QB is. Lets get over it and understand that its a TEAM game and its the Jets that we want to win a SUPER BOWL. Do you really care which QB gets us to and wins a SB? I sure don't!

11. Kentucky Jet

with who at QB? I think Gabbert is higher rated then Suckchez. The Jags hung tight against a good Packers team on the road in Green Bay! We imploded against a weak Blowfish team in our "home" stadium.. I am going to the Jags game vs the Jest in Dec. We better win or I will be humiliated as usual!

12. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

:breakdance: Wow, you think Mark is so sentimental that the mere presence of a backup QB would STUNT his growth? If that's the case, I can find 1000 more plausible reasons his growth could be stunted: a hot Latina cheerleader in the squad, orange flavored Gatorade instead of lemon flavored, Samsung phone instead iPhone, Eva's ex-boyfriend is stronger, etc etc etc....

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

We would be lucky to get a 5th rounder for Tebow... those of you who are hoping for a 2nd or 3rd are crazy.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

So let me get the logic here (and I am not arguing its not true from rex's standpoint) .

if Tebow came in and did well, that would be a bad thing....OK...makes total sense (sigh)

15. BeBe's Boobs

BeBe's Boobs Banned

I don't know what to think about this. If Tebow was truly Woody's pick, wouldn't Woody have already demanded he get to play more? He IS the owner, after all. Makes me think Rex and Sparano wanted him for some reason. But why? I'm getting mind-f**ked.

16. Ted

Ted Member

Did you miss my first 2 words? PURE CONJECTURE

17. Ted

Ted Member

Given the totality of all the circumstances, yes. You have to factor in Sanchez' contract and if Tebow is the answer over the long haul. Tebow does not possess the tools to be a succesful QB long term. He had a nice run last year in Denver but do you really see him being the future in New York? Do you really believe the Jets want to eat the money in Sanchez's contract because that is what they are doing once they make the move.

Not trying to be rude but it's pretty difficult to take someone seriously that sports the logo's of two different teams.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Tebow, Greene and a late pick for Jones Drew! Make it happen Tanny!

19. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

And Jacksonville would chuckle and say "Are you for real?"

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Perhaps, but isn't he a FA after this year? That should knock his value down. I'm sure we could sweeten the deal but then again it may not even be worth it with our current offensive line.