So how long do Rex and Tanny have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

When I saw Rex talking about how great the were in practice I had bigger shock than the Dolphins smack-down. I really like Rex as a coach & personality but that was the kind of excuses I haven't heard since Kotite.

WTF has happened here? Multiple times this season the team hasn't even been competitive. After spending the whole week fighting through the media, the team looked ready to throw in the towel before the 2nd period even started. I know it sounds crazy but the record doesn't bother so much because there's just some seasons that don't swing your way (injuries, bad luck on turnovers, running into hot teams/players, etc). What's really surprising is the lack of competitiveness Jets are showing on the field. This just doesn't look like a team that gives a damn.

2. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

If Rex is fired and Cowher is not available

Who do we want???

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We want to stick with RR. Give RR a chance with another QB at least.

4. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

What I honestly think will happen is that Sanchez, Rex, and Tanny will be here for the 2013 season. Anything short of a playoff run that season will result all of them being fired. I don't see Woody making any moves in the off season.

5. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. The defense is not playing well, the ST are not playing well... You really have to have 2 of the 3 performing after 4 years. Unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat these next 8 weeks, I think he may be done.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, it does fall on one person - that happens to be the clown Woody Johnson.

Simply put, ask him 1. his vision of this team 2. his organizational philosophy and 3. his modus operandi.

I am more than 100% sure you won't get any sensible answer out of any of the three questions posed above.

7. lakersmetsjets49ers

great organizations have stability and don't have a revolvling door when it comes to head coaches. going back to the drawing board every 3-4 years is a bad move. this team isn't nearly as good as the 09 and 10 teams and losses on both sides of the ball are a reason behind that. good coaches have had losing records with bad teams, hell parcells went 6-10 with the cowboys, bill cohwer had a few losing seasons, i can go on and on. unless it becomes beyond clear without a doubt that rex has lost the locker room it makes sense to keep him around. you bring a new guy in and he doesn't get the job done right away or doesn't show improvement and the fire the new guy threads will be made around this time next season and its back to square 1 once again.

8. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

Yep, they'll rearrange some deck chairs in the offseason and then Ryan will once again say this the best team he has ever had. Assuming they crap the bed again, then hopefully woody will make the change and get rid of all three.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

After not winning shit in the last 4 decades, why not wait another 5-10 years doing the same thing over and over just for the sake of continuity. I'm sure any other franchise that hasn't won anything since man landed on the moon would be willing to wait another decade or two. Just ask the Chicago Cubs. They haven't won shit since 1906 but always pack Wrigley Field. I guess that's Woody's real goal. Keep the suckers coming in and buying the swag.

10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

and don't forget to use johnson & johnson products to heal all those wounds when you try to comitt hari-kari after watching a jets game. :up:

11. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

They've had their continuity. Time to blow it up and have a fire sale.

12. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Rex and Tanny tied their jobs to Sanchez I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them gone at the end of the year along with Sanchez.

The crazy thing was they had Tebow here the perfect back up QB... they could have saved their jobs but no... they know better... they deserve to lose their jobs for their stupidity.

They couldn't even put together a wildcat package for Tebow that worked the 49ers showed it could be done.

Ryan and Tanny's irrational hate for Tebow being the starting QB will cost them their jobs.

13. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I wish there was a way Rex could be demoted to our defensive coordinator. I'm afraid he's just like his dad. A much better D-Coordinator than a head coach. I really respect his football IQ, but he's becoming a pushover when it comes to personnel decisions. He's letting Tanny cost him his job and doing nothing about it. As far as Tanny goes, he can go to St. Louis with Schotty for all I care. He was always a cap guy to me. Never a real football guy. He's more of a financial guru if anything. He can kick rocks.

14. Cman68

All of this is really beginning to shed some light on why the Tebow trade was made. If it wasn't Rex and it wasn't Tanny, that only leaves one person... Unfortunately, that person is the one who will determine both Tanny's and Rex's fates. That Person also cares more about revenue than actually winning games and being a businesman first, will make the decision based on a business model instead of a sports model. It seems obvious then, that the fate of our FO/CS will depend on the amount of empty seats this season and 2013. Keep in mind that the SB will be in the Meadowlands in 2014 and Woody will have a Royal ShitFit if its the Giants playing in it instead of the Jets.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

From day one you should of known why Tebow was brought here. I don't understand why people are still questioning this. It was right in front of my face the day they made the trade. Sanchez SAID IT jokingly, and now the coaches don't even want to play Tebow. Why? Because it was for ticket sales.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Don't expect major changes until after the 2013-14 season. We have the superbowl in our arena next year, it's not going to be a rebuilding year, plus we have to eat Sanchez contract if we get rid of him before that season. It'll be the final show for all of them if it doesn't work out by then. Sanchez will start the rest of this year. Rex's job isn't in danger.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sanchez will start next year too. I haven't lost complete faith in him yet. Not yet, I'm still holding on.

18. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Why? So he can screw up another QB? He can't even find a QB coach and he does not know the first thing about QBs. Sanchez has all the tools. If he had good coaching he would be fine. Instead he looks and sounds like his head coach. Sloppy and undisciplined.

19. Cman68

I was trying to give Woody the benefit of the doubt. It does appear then that all 4 players in this drama are interwined and their fates are linked. All 4 probably will be gone perhaps not at the same time though as contracts don't all end at the same time and Woody isn't about dead money.

20. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Parcells started to lose because he stayed in it too long and was burnt out. Say what you want about Cowher but he never had teams that were getting embarrassed on a regular basis. We have been embarrassed and even accused of quitting in 3 games this season. And I don't want to hear nonsense about our talent or injuries. We play the Pats strong but we get whipped by the dolphins the following week? Please there is no consistent effort. It is a lack of discipline. The players are not being held accountable. This is turning in to Herm part II.