Dyer: Jets Choosing To Validate Sanchez Rather Than Win With Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Oct 30, 2012.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

If they had watched gamecast they'd know whats up though

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Don't know about your world, but in mine, the 20 yard line is not considered "bad field position". Guess I'd call it kind of the baseline. If a KR fields a kick in the end zone, you want him to get out to at least the 20 yard line. Anything less than that is bad, anything better than that is bonus.

Was our field position as good or as favorable as Miami's ? No, but that doesn't mean it was "bad field position". For example, if they started every drive on our 25 but we started every drive on their 40, their FP would be favorable, but it would be silly to say that our's was bad.

Additionally, you completely ignored the fact that going 3 and out when starting on our own 20 yard line is what led to their good field position. They rarely had to start from their 20 yard line because we didn't move the ball, nor did we score and kickoff to them.

3. feldspar

feldspar Member

The Jets offense gained 32 total yards before their final drive in the half. That's SIX possessions.

They were averaging around 5 yards PER POSSESSION in their first SIX drives.

...then you wonder why they lose the field position battle...

The offense was horrid.

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

[​IMG]

5. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Did you say WTF or laugh or throw up in the mouth for a second? :beer:

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Definitely a WTF. :beer:

7. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Yeah - Tebow is probably fourth string like he was in Denver last year. :up:

8. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

that is one of my favorite Tebowner talking points right there. The Jets don't want to win because the world is out to get Tebow and he's just too ugly a QB. Always a better choice to choose losing with a guy that is CLEARLY the inferior QB, isn't it?

I LOVE these guys... I really really do.

9. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I think it's a real leap of faith to assume that inserting Tebow means winning.

10. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Oh, it does, it does. Sheer willpower and a burning passion, and a mystical aura that inspires ordinary people to do extraordinary feats.

A little pixie dust and some happy thoughts... Jets should be able to turn it around in time to win the Superbowl. But Rex has to act fast. Get those stat sheets of HIS wins and losses in front of Rex Ryan PRONTO!!! Make sure he sees the college hilights too. He might have missed all that, and I don't think he saw all the hilights last year.

Do that and Tebow will lead you to the promised land. He's got that fire in his eyes NOBODY can match... all he needs is some team to give him that opportunity, blow up their team and rebuild it in his image, and ignore the first three and a half quarters of most games.

#70 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  11. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

CC, What's got you here on this board? You seem pretty motivated to convince others that Tebow is no good at qb. If I think a guy is not very good, I don't go to another teams message board to rip on him all day.

#71 John Chisum, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's what's known as trolling --he's disingenuously expressing curiousity to draw people into discussion, then gradually cranks up the patronizing tone followed by abuse. The goal is to infuriate people, then start the process all over again.

It is very, very common on the internet.

13. Remarker

Remarker Banned

^^^^ this.

14. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Some give cowboysfan the user a hard time, but I understand following a favorite player to a new team.

I don't quite get following a player you don't like from team to team and spending time thrashing him.

To be honest I feel that those who do, are more passionate about Tebow then anyone else and really contribute to "Tebowmania" (which they hate), as much as anyone else.

Tebowmania is powered by highly opinionated people who like to debate whether he is good or not. What made it huge last yr is that every Game last yr he would prove both sides right and another flurry of arguments would be made.

It is normal for players to have fans, its normal for players to have fans who are over the top and obsessive. Its normal for players to have haters and neigh sayers. I dont think its normal for players to have haters this obsessive thou.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, he really let that 10 point lead for the Patriots get out of hand after a bad first half..

The reason is simple, the offensive can't hold long enough for deep routes unless they bring in OL, keep a RB in or keep a TE. In several cases, they have to do all 3. That leaves less options to throw to. If they do try to throw deep, Sanchez doesn't have the awareness to feel the pressure and gets hit and sacked most of time. Sanchez and his receivers aren't on the same page completely, so no sight reads. They are inconsistent, story and the life of Mark Sanchez and the Jets under Rex.

16. Remarker

Remarker Banned

^ This.

Additionally, I can see why a team's fans of long standing would be skeptical of a Team's new aquisition, particularly if the new aquisition was a player like Tim that had a fan base far exceeding a typical player's fan base.

Regardless, as you say, if a player has detractors follow them around from message board to message board it is indeed abnormal.

17. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

I think the article is spot on as well. And if you guys lose to the Seahawks and a rookie QB in Russel Wilson then Sanchez gets benched for good, because he will then have gotten outplayed by a rookie in his 4th year.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

what if sanchez is 15-20 250 1 but the jets lose 21-14 because of a special teams error?

does he still get benched.

blanket statements like this are ignorant

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Sanchez is never getting benched as long as Tanny and Rex are with the Jets. Too much time and investment.

Sanchez could go 4-25 for 17 yards and 6 ints and Rex would say

"Sanchez played great, he gives us the best chance to win"

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, every position should be, do your job or get benched. If Sanchez dosn't get his act together, he should be benched. Heck as a Tebow fan, if Tebow played like garbage during the Steelers playoff game I would have benched him too.