Dyer: Jets Choosing To Validate Sanchez Rather Than Win With Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Oct 30, 2012.

1. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

There is no guarantee that Tebow will win. But do you keep doing the same thing over and over again when it's not working? Some change on this team needs to happen in my opinion. Is Tebow the right call, nobody knows for sure right now.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we lost mostly b/c of STs and the biggest play in the game was a blocked punt b/c Tebow didn't pick up the man running free.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

So there's a path to victory involving 9 points scored by the offense?

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Generally not, but you guys love to point out the broncos vs jets game from last year.

5. nyjunc

The game changed w/ all the STs errors. even at 20-3 we were still in it but they allowed the long return to set up a TD to basically end it at 27-3.

6. Potzer

Potzer New Member

There is 0 evidence that the jets can win with consistently with Sanchez either given the current team make-up.

There is evidence that Tebow could change the dynamic of the jets. (aka not throwing the ball 50 times a game, expanding the running game, shortening the games etc)

I could also argue that it'd be more fun to watch. (for haters and supporters alike)

Sadly the dude has received so few NFL opportunities we're relegated to a handful of games to use as evidence.

#46 Potzer, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  7. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Yep, it is.

8. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I would agree with the "no going back" theory. We kinda knew that with the Broncos that it was going to be his audition for the rest of the season whether he stunk it up or not. A LOT of things have to change on offense to make it work with him, and you can't keep changing your playbook back and forth like that.

As for giving Tebow a chance if the Jets lost the next couple of games... I'd say it depends on the manner in which they lose. If he plays horribly the next couple games and they lose, you're pretty much playing for next year anyway. Not much harm then, it is just a matter of when the coaching staff admits they think the season is over. It is perfectly obvious they still think Sanchez gives them the best chance to win and as long as they feel that way, Tebow will be in only then be there to mop up the rest of the season. Barring injury of course.

I DO find the title of this thread amusing though. Choosing to validate Sanchez rather than winning with Tebow? All that assumes the coaching staff actually believes they would actuall start cranking out the W's with Tebow and are just being stubborn.

9. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

It's fine if you are just looking for something different because the status quo isn't working.

But the entire planet knows what is going to happen if they switch to Tebow. Defenses well start to look to shut down the run and DARE him to beat them with his arm, and most of the time it will work.

This is what was happening down the stretch last year too. You have the Pittsburgh game to fall back on, (ignoring the performance in the Patriot game that followed) but for the other 5 weeks, the offense was STOPPED COLD!!! They managed to still beat the Caleb Hanie led Bears in a freak of nature in that stretch, but anyone HONESTLY looking at those last games since the Minnesota one could see the league had figured Tebow out.

Making some changes is fine. but are you sure Tebow is the right move? I find it highly unlikely that he's going to run right through those containment schemes, and even less likely he turns into a decent passer that shreds a defense dumb enough to stack 8 or 9 in the box and go man coverage with the rest. Most QBs in the league would have eaten a defensive philosophy like that alive.

10. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

You're on the other side of the argument, but good post. Am I sure it's the right move? No. I'm just a Tebow fan and I believe he will be successful. And I can't wait to see what happens when he gets his next chance.

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

The game was over after the offense managed to only gain less than 30 yards on 22 plays during their first 6 drives of the game.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I would have thought tebow fans understood the concept of football games are 60 minutes long but guess not. The turning point of the game was the hill drop. If I remember correctly that makes it 20-7 heading into half instead of a blocked field goal. The turning point that made it bleak to worse was the offense then settling for 3 in the second half after a good gates return and the special teams then letting up a key return and the defense allowing 7. Complete team failure which is surprising as usually special teams holds up their end pretty consistently.

13. Demosthenes9

In this case, Sanchez hasn't shown that he can turn things around after halftime. He's either had decent games, or he's pretty much sucked.

Thing is, in the past, this wasn't the case. Sanchez has led comebacks before. Don't know what his problem is now.

14. nyjunc

they were in bad FP all game long mostly thanks to STs.

15. Demosthenes9

Dude, do you even bother to know wtf you are talking about ?

On their first 6 drives, the Jets started within their 20 yard line 1 freaking time, and that was their 2nd drive, which started at the 10. The others were fro mtheir 20, 24, 29, 20, and 20.

Additionally, wouldn't you say that going 3 and out when starting at the 20 is a good way to get yourself in bad field position? And also, gives the other team the ball in much better field position ?

16. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Next you're going to tell me that the king of 3-and-outs, Tim Tebow himself, will do better? With far less weapons than he had in Denver? And a far worse o-line?

17. nyjunc

where would the good FP be? is the 20 now considered good FP?

I'm not quite sure where you gte your info from(or if you watched the game) but we started on the 10 on our 2nd drive. By the time it was 10-0 we had 2 drives, one started at our 20 and another at our 10 but that's good FP I guess.

1st half possessions:

Just 2 drives that started beyond the 20, let's compare that to Miami:

25(kneel to end half)

see the difference?

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lolz @ Tebow fans looking at box scores and thinking that's watching the game

"bbbut i watched it on gamecast!"

19. catsigater

catsigater New Member

He did better than Orton. I'd say Orton and Sanchez are close in ability.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

It would be a drop in the bucket compared to the tebow haters that say "he can't play QB" only having seen Stephen A. Smith on first take and ESPN haters like Hoge .