QB Options Not On Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I would prefer Ron Mexico.

2. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Jets fans' relationship with Vick would be so fucking funny that this would almost be worth it.

I'm sure the fans who complain that Rex Ryan isn't "classy" enough would just love it when Ron Mexico flips them off after his first 4 turnover game in a Jets jersey.

3. BleednGreen247

Vick fell off hes too old for his play style now

4. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

5. Angelsword

Angelsword New Member

Vick is about to get benched and Sanchez is still a starter. Something is wrong with this.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I would say no. I think we have two choices:
    1) stick with Sanchez and try to improve the team around him, especially the offense. Most notably bringing in a legitimate #1 RB to take the pressure off him and obviously the offensive line.
    2) draft another QB to take over the starting role. For this it would have to be a can't miss type guy. No point in drafting Sanchez 2.0 or worse.

You'll notice I leave out signing an aging veteran, trading for a veteran or handing Tebow the starting role. That wasn't an oversight.

7. TXJet

TXJet Banned

Mike Vick is a POS!! I would never root for the Jets again if they chose this asshole. I love watching him struggle and hope for him to fail in every aspect of his life. In other words, No please!!!

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Awwww.. u upset with Vick because he had some doggie fight.

9. TXJet

TXJet Banned

Love dogs and don't like anything to be tortured. I can't say what I want to say about Vick however.

10. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Ah yes, let's sign old ass free agent Michael Vick instead of going through the draft and getting a QB!

This fan base is dumber than a box of rocks. We either do an actual rebuild or we keep repeating the same shit we've been doing for the past 40 years.

Also, I must add, just because we draft a QB from the draft, doesn't mean instant success or even any success. We could draft another disappointment. Just remember, the grass isn't always greener.

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The acquisition of Vick would sell PSL's, therefore I will not rule it out.

12. NYSackXchange

NYSackXchange Active Member

Seattle seems to be set with Russell Wilson, should we go after Matt Flynn. He is a quality option at QB. Thoughts?

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

There's this thing called the salary cap... Mark Sanchez makes it prohibitive to change anytime in the next three years.

Honestly if we're going to trade for a player, I'd rather it be an OLB, G, or (game breaking) HB. Otherwise keep the picks and start developing through the draft.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Matt Flynn would suck here too. How stupid can people be? QB is not the problem.

15. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

QB is one of the big problems, though not the only one.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Any turnaround has to start with Rex. You can't isolate a single player and say if this one guy was playing good we'd be a contender... that's not the case. We have garbage play occurring in all three units and several players within each unit.

I'm a big Rex fan but right now he's the one to own these problems. If there is a turnaround it has to start with how he's doing things. This team needs to be more disciplined and execute with more precision than it has to this point.

17. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Your right how stupid can people be. Sanchez is the most glaring need on this team. Is there other needs? Of Course, every team has weak links.

Matt Flynn may be better, but unless we trade even up for Sanchez, we can't afford him.

18. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

A little more elaboration. Every team has drops, poor days running the ball, and QBs who get sacked. Thing is, good QBs still manage to find a way to make plays.

It doesn't help when, on top of all the other problems, you have an inaccurate QB who can't hit receivers when they do get open, or if he does, he throws the ball behind them negating any chance at YAC.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I witnessed Sanchez continue to get better game after game including an amazing performance in New England to get the Jets to the AFC Championship Game. Then instead of letting Sanchez continue to improve, the entire team collapsed on him. I don't get how others cannot see this.

20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Rex needs to make some hard choices, and if he can't, then I am all for changing. I believe Rex is an asset to this team, but you can't churn milk without a cow.