QB Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BJXX, Oct 30, 2012.

1. BJXX

BJXX New Member

I've read alot of articles and posts referring to QB draft picks as if the draft were loaded with top notch QB prospects....but am I alone in thinking this is a very thin year for QB's in the draft?

I have seen all the big names play against and good and bad competition and I am NOT impressed. Not Geno Smith, not Barkley, not Klein (he's a baller but not necessarily a great QB), not a single QB in the SEC, not Braxton Miller, etc..

Are there any that have escaped the media hype and would make good prospects?

Who are your best QB draft prospects and why?

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about college ball but I do not want another USC QB.

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'd like a college QB that has played some college games.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Mike Glennon from NC State. Prototypical NFL QB essentially. He's on pace to have two 3000 yard seasons. He's relatively good in the pocket (a bit shaky, but FAR better than Sanchez). He throws a beautiful deep ball. He's good at come from behind victories as well.

By the way, Glennon's longest pass is 87 yards.

Sanchez's longest pass is 74...

Look him up, you won't be disappointed.

#4 ArmandJ, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  5. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Isn't this supposed to be a good QB class?

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

This years QB class was supposed to be outstanding, but a number of prospects have disappointed. Barkley has declined, and Geno Smith after starting out ridiculously fast, has regressed and come back down to earth.Logan Thomas has completly fallen out out of 1st round consideration and the two Tylers, Wilson and Bray have struggled as well.

That being said i like Glennon strong arm, pocket passer, isnt flashy but could be had on Day 2.

7. BJXX

BJXX New Member

That was the pre and early season hype, but it has not been the reality. I've watched all the hyped media favorites and wouldn't trust any of them as a franchise QB.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Zac Dysert

-rapid quick release
    -prototype size 6-4 230
    -big arm
    -great zip
    -good mobility

Give him a year to learn with a real passing OC and good QB coach and we have our guy for the next 10 years

9. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I am bias, but I really like Ryan Nassib. He has very week WR's and a mediocre running game, and he till manages to play well. At least 3 of his interceptions were great passes that his WR's flat out bounced of them, and were picked. He has a huge arm, and imo, if he was in a big conference, he would be a first round pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKJiruGcgFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfM3SpGv1IM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgDOOq3hDY

Three good videos of him. Watch his footwork, how quick his release is, how bad the line is, and all the drops right on the WR's hands.

#9 wildaces, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not real excited about the top of the draft this year, and I have no idea about who's on the horizon for 2014. But for a 2-4th round developmental pick I'm kind of partial to Landry Jones or Logan Thomas. IF I had to pick a QB for the first round It would probably have to be Smith, but I wouldn't feel real good about it due to the bust potential, but he does have a very high ceiling.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Teddy Bridgewater down the road. Obviously we'll have to wait, but I'd rather get more talent on this team, and get someone here that knows offensive before we go and draft a QB. If we try and develop a QB with this staff we have now, he's going to bust just as fast as Sanchez.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Tyler Bray - Tennessee

13. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

You know what's amazing, we have a top college QB on the Jets right now. Damn the kid won a national championship in a pro style offense, knows this offense, and they won't even dress him for games.

14. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

With the rookie cap now, why not say screw it and take a QB in the top 2 or 3 rounds every single draft until we hit on one? It's much easier to succeed in this league with a great QB. I'm not saying to neglect every other position, but it's not like the Jets have done even respectable scouting in recent years. So if there's a QB prospect you like, take a chance and see what you get. If he bombs, no reason not to try again a year later. I think the sharp drop in rookie salaries affords you the ability to take chances and not screw yourself over with major cap hits on bust draft picks. Gotta know when to cut bait, and it's much easier if it doesn't cost you much.

15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Its not always about the big name schools I.E Flacco. But guys like Bridgewater from Louisville has a nice throw.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

This is a pretty weak QB class

Heres a tidbit from Cimini not too long ago on the Jets QB situation

If the Jets drafted a QB he would get murdered anyway. Our OL sucks, and RBs suck.

We need two new guards, a right tackle, a starting RB, and to figure out if Keller + ? is the answer @ TE.

If anything the Jets need to rebuild the offense and if theyre still going to give up on Sanchez do it after they let him play for the 8.5m guarenteed he has next year

Sanchez + Tebow competing for starting QB are the only 2 realistic options I see next year.

#16 dcm1602, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

For a late round pick I have really been watching Ryan Nassib from Cuse.....kid can make all the throws and has good potential

18. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

No offense but thats a horrible way to look at the draft, QBs more than any other position need time to develop. I wouldnt make any sense wasting high round picks on a position "until it we hit on one". Draft a QB in round one and give him a few years to develop.

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Aaron Murray is a little on the short side, but can make all the throws, has great command of the offense and is very successful in a tough conference

Tyler Bray is a big guy with a big arm. Still makes mistakes but can definitely play in NY

Landry Jones has been a bit of a disappointment this year, but could be a good pro.

20. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

This is sort of a "which came first --- the chicken or the egg" dilemma.
    Draft the QB first or put the all the pieces in place (OL - primarily) AND THEN draft the QB.
    I would say the latter unless you have a Luck or Griffin in front of you and they seem to excel with bad personnel anyway. Thats what makes those kids studs.