Trade Deadline Thursday @ 4PM (moved from Tuesday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Other than dealing for a RB, I can't see a move being made. Maybe DeAngelo Williams, but he would have to restructure to be moved. There's no way the Jets could afford his current contract.

I just don't see anything happening.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Jets could maybe get a draft pick from the Lions for Yeremiah Bell.

3. BJXX

BJXX New Member

But if you're going to keep Sanchez, you should keep Keller. However, I would keep Keller regardless. He's the most reliable weapon we have.

4. BJXX

BJXX New Member

You build a team with good coaches. Good coaches can win with what they've got, bad coaches can't win period. The best teams only fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle through the draft. Tanney just went on a misguided spending spree and thought he was building a team.

Yes it can be done through the draft as Luck and RGIII will prove, but these are exceptional players and they are an exception. Just as many top draft picks are flameouts.

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

#125 al_toon_88, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  6. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Bell has been pretty solid, not sure we should even think about trading him.

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Unless we think Bush or Allen are ready

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's not true at all... good coaches still need talented players to win.

How much did Bellichick win in Cleveland? Shannahan after Elway retired and in DC before RGIII? Coughlin in NY without Eli? Andy Reid right now? Some coaches can get the job done with a mediocre QB but the team usually needs to be elite in other areas...case in point 49ers. Ok at the QB position but great defense.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I thought Belichick did a good job in Cleveland. Also, Coughlin had a winning record in NY before he went with Manning. That all said, I understood your point.

10. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Perhaps I overstated it, but I was not referring to the head coach only, in fact the coordinators and position coaches are essential. My larger point being that good coaches can get more from what they have, and that good players alone are not enough, they still need to be "coached" well and properly led or they will still be mediocre, e.g. the Cowboys.

Not to start an argument, but Shanahan is a fair head coach, not "good", and Reid was undoubtedly a great head coach at one time.

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Jared Cook would be an interesting get. He's got a size-speed combo Tannenbaum would love, but he still hasn't broken out yet.

Wonder if the Jets actually do ship Tebow out to Jacksonville for something.

At 4-4, it made a lot more sense to try to help out the team for this year than it does now. At this point, the Jets would have to play well over their heads to get to 9-7 and secure that last playoff spot.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

I honestly dont know what you are saying... There's great players on every team, even the shitty ones. Teams ARE built through the draft, contrary to what you believe. A coach doesnt mean shit with out talent.

Look at Rex who's supposed to be one of the best defensive minds in football. Can he make up for the worst LB core in the league? Can he make up for the lack of passrushing talent?

Would BB have turned out to half the coach he is today without Brady? No.

Yes, coaching is key to a great team, but I dont know why your are trying to refute a point thats pretty simple and factual. It was basically building through draft vs. FA, nothing about coaches.

13. TXJet

TXJet Banned

If there is a GOD, then Tebow will be in Jax!! We can then move on to replacing Sanchez also with McElroy or next years top 6 draft pick!!

14. BJXX

BJXX New Member

I've already been scolded for this comment. See my response to "Barry the Baptist". I wasn't trying to refute the point about draft picks, I was clumsy in my response but I was trying to say good teams have good coaches and that's where you should start.

The original post was about rebuilding a team, and if I was a GM in charge of that, installing a good coaching staff would be my first objective because good players alone are not enough, e.g. Dallas. Of course you need good players, but in the case of the Jets, FA and trading can be as good an option as the draft if the talent is there.

#134 BJXX, Oct 31, 2012
  15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

According to Boomer and The Clown, Jacksonville inquired about Tebow. However, I'm still waiting for a credible source to confirm it.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It was mentioned on NFL AM but nobody on that show thinks a trade will happen

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I think a trade might be good to shake this team up. Assuming it's a player for player or player for picks swap with us receiving the picks. No picks for players trades, please.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Tebow for a 2nd would be love

19. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

This team has major depth issues heading into next season.

- SS & FS .... I still have doubts both safeties will finish the season healthy.
    - LB ..Assuming DeMario is ready to start next season (which I think is likely), Jets still need multiple LB for their starting D.
    - OL ... Moore is gonna retire. Slauson & Howard aren't exactly tearing it up on the OL. Depth & maybe starters needs to be added there.
    - RB
    - TE ... Even if Keller comes back, Jets still need one more
    - QB
    - WR (Chaz sucks ... Kerley + Holmes + garbage --> needs to be upgraded).

If Jets make a trade they better be receiving picks. I'm gonna be so pissed if they give up a future 3rd or 4th rounder for some veteran who's having locker room problems on his current team.

#139 ajax, Oct 31, 2012
  20. Ted

Ted Member

Pure conjecture but based on how Rex/Sparano are not utilizing Tebow, they would love to trade him to Jax but Woody won't allow it. It's the only explanation for them not using Tebow in garbage time. If Tebow was to spark the offense into a couple of TDs in garbage time, all hell would break loose from the fan base and that is a valid concern.

A shame because Jax's owner is dying to get his hands on Tebow and would give up more then any other team would as well as the trade would alleviate the Sanchez/Tebow controversy.