Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Yes, they are all performing better than Sanchez.

Sanchez is 30th in the league in passer rating just above Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel, and John Skelton. Bravo Sanchez, bravo. :breakdance:

2. feldspar

feldspar Member

What's the acid test for Sanchez's worth? Ask yourself what the Jets would get for him in a trade. Seriously. Nevermind whether the Jets would do this or not...but say that several other teams desperately need a QB. How much would they give up?

If the Jets were to release Sanchez, what would the market for him be? What would his new contract look like? Would he even be a starter?

3. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

This is where I am with him.

We know that he has pretty much no help from Greene or the OL. Tough cookie...

He has had time upon time to adjust and learn how to work through it. He can't keep pointing to the holes in the team- after a while the team has to address the holes, and if they don't - then he has to work around them. In other words, he has to create ways to not get sacked, and if he does get sacked - to not give up fumbles. He has to lessen the ints - even if a large portion of them are off of receivers hands. He makes a big paycheck - he has to find a way to win. It is on him. So far, in my eyes, he hasn't done that. He is still getting sacked and fumbling the ball. Of course I realize that he has like .5 seconds to get rid of the ball in the pocket - tough news kid, deal with it. Find a way to get rid of it.

Someone needs to wake him up and tell him that unfortunately this is the situation that he is in. It isn't the best situation a QB wants to be in, but winners will rise above and work through the adversity. Winners are creative and persevere through their creativity and hard work. Why does he keep making the same mistakes over and over again - or better yet, why does he put himself in the same situation to allow the faults of the team to affect him time and time again? We get it the line sucks. Deal with it. That's why he is paid the big $$$.

#1323 RobertTheJr, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  4. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

For him to be a starter, that suggests that other teams are weaker at quarterback than the Jets. The only teams that could conceivably have him as a starter on this basis are the Cardinals and perhaps the Browns. If I were a GM I wouldn't give anything more than a 4th round pick, and even that is really pushing it, my team would have to be desperate for a QB. But he has no trade value whatsoever with his contract.

5. feldspar

feldspar Member

Josh Freeman threw NINE touchdowns and only 1 INT in the past few weeks...actually three TDs per game exactly.

Are you just picking names out of a hat? Did YOU see them over the past few weeks?

Now your are coming up with some arbitrary system of measurement too..."sub-5years QBs?" Huh? There are plenty of first and second year QBs playing better than Sanchez right now.

6. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

???

They liked him in camp? lol. If Mo Lewis hadn't decimated Bledsoe, Brady would be out of the league by now.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Look I am going to ask you a serious question. I for one originally thought Sanchez was the better QB going into the season and that tebow should be used in 10-15 snaps a game as a change of pace.

Tebow is never going to get a chance and I have reevaluated my opinion only in the sense that I wish Tebow would get a drive here or there in a tight 4th quarter game.

now for the question...what exactly makes Sanchez so much better than Tebow?

Is it stats? Tebow has a higher career QB rating.
    is it the ability to pull out a win? Sanchez has won plenty but Tebow has never had a losing record as a starter either.

is it that Tebow looks weird throwing the ball? Maybe but he does not go down easily in a sack and moves the chains with his legs

i can accept that they are close (with intangibles going to tebow and experience going to Sanchez) but you make it sound like if Sanchez was rated on a scale of 1-10 a 10 then Tebow would be a -5...

#1327 CowboysFan, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that pearl of wisdom, Nostradamus.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Look, I know you love Tebow. I don't know why, but you do. It makes no sense to me. I don't think the guy is an NFL QB and I don't think he ever will be. Sanchez is probably a bottom tier to a second string level NFL QB.

Tebow is simply not a QB in my book. That's what it comes down to. Save yourself the time of making a long argument of stats and whatever else you want to throw internet hearts at him with. I don't give a shit. You're never going to convince me of anything.

Do you understand that?

And since I'm a Jet fan, and not one of those fans who roots for a high draft pick, I'd rather see us try to win with what I consider our best QB. These other guys don't have it and that's a huge indictment on Tannenbaum.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I still have doubts about Freeman, I don't think he a guy that can put a team on his shoulders and carry them, Sanchez and Tebow has at least demonstrated that to some extent.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Fair enough ( there is no convincing either way here )

#1331 CowboysFan, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  12. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

coughBULLSHITcough.

If Sanchez isn't cutting it, and you have two other QBs on the roster, then stick the #2 in and see what he does. If he does OK, great, if he sucks, then stick the #3 in there and see how he performs. hell, somewhere along the line, this might cause some light to go off in Sanchez's head and it might jolt him into being a better QB.

As for Tebow and McElroy specifically, you have no idea whether they "have it" or not as you've not seen them operating with the first unit for any substantial amount of time. You see all the talk around here about the poor and inexperienced WR corps, the lack of a running game and awful pass protection, well guess what ? The problems were generally worse on the 2nd and 3rd teams. Hell, a good number of the guys that McElroy and Tebow were throwing to in the preseason are off selling life insurance or cars right now.

"Oh, but I saw enough of them last year" you might say, but this completely ignores that fact that young players generally improve with another year under their belt. You would basically be taking the position that Tebow and McElroy's development was static, or even that it regressed.

13. TTTTebowAndTheJets

So you think he's an NFL QB? :smile:

14. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Josh Freeman has been lights out the last 3 weeks.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

There's no probably about it. He is a bottom tier QB. It's baffling that you don't even want to see what the other guys can do.

Tebow was not a conventional QB. That much is obvious. Say what you want about the defense and their kicker, but he helped the Broncos win games. Remember that win over the Jets last year? You remember how he ran past our ENTIRE defense for the game-winning touchdown? I sure do.

How can you try to win with one of the worst QB's that I've ever seen in my life? That's the very definition of insanity;doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

If Sanchez starts against Seattle, I will be very surprised if we do any better than 6-10. Simple as that. All of Sanchez's sycophants need to get a clue and try something different. That includes Rex.

16. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

LOL idiot.

Sanchez's problem is a mental problem. We've SEEN HIM MAKE ALL THE THROWS. HE'S CAPABLE OF DOING SO. The problem is in between the ears. He needs to be assertive, he needs to hold himself and everyone else accountable and take command of that locker room. Sad thing is that it's too late.

I'd love to be wrong about Sanchez and see this kid turn it around and go on a tear, but he has to get right mentally. I'd love to be wrong though.

17. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Sort of like Sanchez has done more than once, throwing the ball...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBRkoPCgZUw

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Too bad he's terrible at doing that this year...

19. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Good post. Quoting it because Sanchez homers will ignore this

20. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I have no problem trying out Tebow and McElroy if it will get the fans to sit down and stop being bone-heads about the QB spot on this team. However know this - even when Chad was QB, people were screaming for Clemens. This fan base isn't exactly a bunch of Einsteins.

Isn't it odd that both Favre and Pennington had career years after leaving this franchise?

#1340 RobertTheJr, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.