Dyer: Jets Choosing To Validate Sanchez Rather Than Win With Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Oct 30, 2012.

1. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Great article. Definitely spot on.

Those have been my thoughts exactly.

2. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

It's easy. Bench Sanchez, put Tebow in. Let Tebow preside over 10-12 quarters of nothing but 3-and-outs. Bench Tebow. Put Sanchez back in. Or McElroy of you really want to have some balls. Now wasn't that easy?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know, maybe they've seen plenty of tape of him playing and see him try to execute every day in practice? Nah - they're probably just choosing to lose with Sanchez instead of winning with Tebow. :rolleyes:

4. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

El amor es una palabra grande!

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Once you bench Sanchez for anyone, he will be mentally checked out. Rex should at least do the classic motivational tactic for Sanchez, give Tebow a couple snaps with the first team in practice, make sure the media isn't there. Rex has done this before and rumor had it that Fox gave a couple snaps with the first team to Quinn before the playoff game against Pittsburgh (unlike Skip Bayless and some Tebots I agreed with if it was true). Rex needs to so this to get Sanchez focused again, it worked before.

#25 Diddy, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  6. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

We do know Tebow is not a good quarterback. But we now know that Sanchez isnt good either. I think we should draft a new quarterback with our 1st round pick...

7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

So you give Sanchez this vote of confidence after 4 years... but Tebow after only 3 throws as a Jet?

I can't stand this whole... Tebow isn't even a quarterback... we already know what we have in Tebow BS.... NO YOU DON'T

8. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

We are saying that Tebow doesnt throw like an NFL quarterback, he has horrible mechanics. I never based his talent to start on what he did thus far with the Jets. did you know that in a game for denver last year he completed 1 pass as a starter!

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Have a question for u Tebow fans? What makes u think Tebow will step right in and win? Please save me the crap what he did last season. We all know just because he did last season does not mean he will this season.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Actually, if they don't get more creative on offense, they will still lose, no matter who is at QB. PS. Skip Bayless is a moron (5-3?)

11. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Please at least get the fact straight. He completed 2 passes in that game against Chiefs. :beer:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311113012

To be fair, they gained 244 yards with 55 rushing attempts. That's 4.4 yards per carry. Those 8 passes were mostly deep ones to keep secondary in bay. I don't have problem with that game at all. Their running game dominated. BTW, that game was fun to watch to me. Kind of weird.

#31 _Jet_, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Skip Bayless said if we would had put Tebow in the Fins game when we was down 17 he would had comeback. I drop my phone I was laughing so hard watch that video.

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Tebow didn't get any brownie points for the blocked punt. He caused 7 points.

14. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Nothing... He could very well end up sucking worse than Sanchez. Then again... Maybe not. Most fans of Tebow (skip bayless aside) wont claim that he will turn this team around. We just think its worth a shot. Because your opinion that he's not a QB is just that....AN OPINION. I want to see results. I have my own opinions but the truth won't be known until Tebow starts taking some snaps.

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

That true that is my opinion,but I also think that a lot of other people opinion outside of the Jets.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly I think Sanchez has until the Jets reach loss #8 until they would even consider a QB change. Though I have to say, Rex has to tell Sanchez, perform or get benched, use the motivation tactic. Sanchez at least deserves a chance to dig the Jets out of this hole with his performance with the past years.

The Broncos last year were clearly being held back by Orton, and Orton was going to be gone next year. Watching the Chargers game last year when Orton was benched you can see that the Broncos teammates were losing faith in Orton, and a change had to be made. Also you could make the case that Orton body language during that game looked like he didn't care at all.

17. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

No, Tebow can't save this team. If we remove Sanchez and plug in Rodgers, Brees, Manning or Brady, this team would still stink. Sorry bro. The current offensive coaching staffs are mediocre. They don't have the courage, knowledge and wisdom to tailor a game plan for their personnel. As a Tebot, I am rooting for Sanchez to finish this season. That's for the best interest of Jets and Tebow himself.

18. JFjets

JFjets New Member

You have a very short memory or are being intentionally obtuse. He brought the Broncos back from down 15 against the Dolphins last year to win the game 18-15. With 5 minutes left in the game. He brought the Broncos back from 17-0 against the Texans in 2010 to win the game 24-23. He brought the Broncos back from a 16-point deficit against the Chargers last year and was a dropped 2-point conversion pass away from tying the game with 3 minutes left. Sorry, I forgot what your point was?

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

our best chance to win is w/ Sanchez, that's as clear as anything. mark was awful Sunday but we lost that game b/c of special teams more than anything.

20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Well, he really can't do any worse than Sanchez. If he can't throw, that means he keeps it on the ground. If he has a good running attack that powers forward for say, 4 yards a carry, that moves the ball down the field and effectively eats up clock. Long sustained drives like that gives the defense rest and optimism. Better than the 3 and outs/incompletions/pick 6/fumbles that Sanchez is well known for.

Do that, and you have a good shot of getting into the endzone and getting seven. Just my opinion. Of course, I could be completely wrong, but that's unlikely.