Dyer: Jets Choosing To Validate Sanchez Rather Than Win With Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

This article is spot on:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10...-validate-sanchez-rather-than-win-with-tebow/

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I don't believe the media truly understands Sanchez.

#2 Dierking, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

here's the only problem with this, tanny traded for tebow.so putting him and tebow succeeding would be fixing a mistake.this article is bullshit. tanny and rex need to win.if they thought tebow could win they would play him. the fact is they see him in practice and they believe he isn't the best option. end of story

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Rex and Tanny don't truly understand Tebow. You have to read his book to know when he should be playing.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

LOLOLOL, do you honestly believe their evaluations of anyone in practice?

Remember what Rex said after the Dolphins game, "OMG GAIS, WE HAD THE BEST PRACTICE EVARRR!!!"

I wouldn't put too much stock in what they think about anyone in practice. Let him play. If he sucks, he sucks, we move on. If he doesn't, we have a potential run on our hands. It's such simple logic.

6. BJXX

BJXX New Member

I'm just an opinionated fan, but when it comes to offense, I'm very suspicious of the opinions of Rex and Sparano. They're offensive acumen is high school level.

However, I am not so sure Tebow does not start against the Rams. I'm speculating obviously, but I think the pressure on Rex is greater than we can imagine. Remember, this is his 2nd difficult season with Sanchez struggling.

When you read Rex's statements of support for Sanchez, they sound firm; but when you listen to them, there is alot of uncertainty in his voice. I think he is much more conflicted than we might think, but really wants to give Sanchez every opportunity to succeed. However, he has an obligation to the team and the fans to win, and that's the unavoidable crisis he'll face if we lose to the Seahawks and Sanchez doesn't get it done.

If Sanchez flops against the Seahawks, can you imagine how loud the outcry will be? Rex cannot resort to stubbornness if we continue to lose and a possible improvement is standing on the sidelines. You can argue whether or not Tebow would help the Jets, but it is all talk if he doesn't get the chance.

I won't be surprised if we hear Tebow is taking more snaps in practice next week.

#6 BJXX, Oct 30, 2012
  7. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Good article. Thanks for posting.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Or maybe, just MAYBE, the Jets know that Tebow isn't any better than Sanchez. Maybe they see that he's actually much WORSE. That wouldn't make any sense though. They must be choosing to lose with Sanchez instead of trying to win with Tebow.

You guys are awesome.

9. FJF

i don't have to believe i don't decide but rex does.the facts of the matter is that tebow has to make rex believe he is the best option. based on p.t. i'd guess that isn't happening. if you want to say rex and tanny aren't great talent evaluators you wouldn't get much argument. but to say they are sticking with sanchez to validate decisions in the past when winning would validate everything is ludicrous at best.

side note. sanchez's extension was a cap move more than anything else

10. Remarker

Remarker Banned

11. dingyibvs

dingyibvs New Member

They know it? How? The kid hasn't even gotten a chance to play yet.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

In Tebow Hater Fantasy Land, every practice is like an open audition, where the backup gets to run all the plays under all the same conditions.

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Bannon: As a side note; Tebow's body language in your avatar says it all.

14. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

A commitment is a commitment. When a man committed to a marriage, he can't fool around with new girls even if his wife turns ugly. That's called loyalty. When the season started, coaches named Mark to be the lawful starter, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until pink slips do them part. They have the obligation to honor that promise.

#14 _Jet_, Oct 30, 2012
  15. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Then I'd say they should've dated a while longer before tying the knot. And gotten some good marriage counseling so they'd know what they were getting into.

16. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Touche. Point taken on the argument and the arcasm.

But I think the "no going back" point with Tebow is valid, and because of this Sanchez has and will get more leeway than if Matt Moore were his backup. I readily admit that a fiasco could ensue if Tebow steps in as starter. I don't think Sanchez should have been benched when his best receivers were injured, but they're back and now he is on the clock.

Let me ask a theoretical question to all Sanchez supporters: If Sanchez has bad games against the Seahawks and Rams, and the Jets lose both, should Tebow be given a chance?

#16 BJXX, Oct 30, 2012
  17. BJXX

BJXX New Member

This is funny but silly. There are no such promises in professional sports, if there were, what about the promises to the other players who want to win and the fans who support the team?

The commitment is to the team, not any individual.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It all comes back to Rex and Sparano probably not wanting Tebow and not sure how to maximize the offense for him if he becomes a starter.

If you had Drew Stanton, Stanton probably comes in. The author is right, once you go Tebow, there is no switching even if he does play poorly.

I think it's crazy to think that Rex is holding back because it keeps him from winning. He is smart enough to know winning keeps his job, so there has to be something else that leads him to keep Sanchez. The most reasonable one is that Tebow hasn't played well in practice and shown nothing to show he would run the offense better than Sanchez. Another reason is probably they don't have another offense in place for Tebow, which is something you need to maximize his talent. These are the most likely but usually least discussed reasons. There are politics and business decisions in sports, but winning trumps everything, especially for the coach. The GM has more leeway, but for coaches, it's all about winning. I find it hard to believe that validating Sanchez is keeping him out. They haven't tried to validate Terminator, Ducasse, Coples, etc etc.

19. FJF

i think the more we lose the more people will be willing to give tebow a shot. i think most of us don't want to hear everyone saying this is about ego or its a political thing because its not.me personnaly, was ready to see him last week in the 4th since nothing else was working.if sanchez shits the bed against seattle then by all means start him the following week.just figure out away to win or throw him out there so everyone will stfu

20. june19

june19 Active Member

sanchez lover

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD