Unleash (Or Release) Tim Tebow!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by _Jet_, Oct 30, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

as far as McElroy, I don't know if he really has a NFL arm, but by all means try him out. I can't say if Tebow for sure is better than McElroy, I don't have anything to judge Mcelroy on in the NFL and realistically have very little to judge Tebow on. As to Tebow's stats they were not horrible considering he was in his first 16 starts and the plethora of things he had going against him, I think it is very possible him numbers would be significantly better if he was given the starting position from day 1 like they had originally planned and they kept Brandon Lloyd. Still probably not an allstar, but if he put up numbers like his first 3 games that would have been respectable

The difference between Quinn and Tebow right now is a 10 point Gap in passer rating to Tebows favor plus the fact that he runs the ball better. Quinn was certainly put in an awful position in Cleveland and struggled with injuries, but if you seriously look at the numbers he put up and think he performed better than Tebow you need to re-examine what you are basing your judgements on. Sam for Clausen. I understand the passer rating is not the be all end all of statistics, but it is the best 1 stat for measuring a QB's performance, and both those guys are a full 10-20 points lower than Tebow for their careers.

As of right Now Tebows stats from last year are ahead of Sanchez in every mark except completion% they are tied for YPA

last year tebow threw 271 passes, 45.6% complete 6.38 YPA 12 TD 6 int
    this year sanchez has thrown 272 passes 52.9% complete 6.38 YPA 10 TD 8 INT..

Tebow is the one without the skills to be a NFL QB?

#21 catfish, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Let's face it, our coaches have no clue what spread offenses are, although Pats have been using one for many seasons. They still think it's a gimmick, not a long term solution. They reminds me those old fools who thought forward passing was a trick play.

Rex will expand Tebow's role for sure, like FG holder, Nose Guard, Kick returner, and water boy etc etc etc

Move on Tebots, Jets is not the team for Tebow to shine. He will be traded after this season.

3. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Given what we've seen so far, this could likely be the best case scenario =*(

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

They're not more highly touted than Tebow (nor should they be), but they are more touted than they would be without Tebow in the mix.

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

From my responses in the "What do these people see so much in Tebow? I just dont get it" thread.

6. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Relax relax. _Jet_'s linked article in the OP is written by Andrew Wild, a high school student in Los Angeles.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-wild/unleash-or-release-tim-te_b_2023608.html

Below is the copied and pasted 'title through the first paragraph' of _Jet_'s linked article.

Andrew Wild.

High school student in Los Angeles

GET UPDATES FROM Andrew Wild

Like.

Unleash (Or Release) Tim Tebow!

Posted: 10/29/2012 9:27 am

React

Amazing
    Inspiring
    Funny
    Scary
    Hot
    Crazy
    Important
    Weird

Follow

Tim Tebow , Mark Sanchez , Dwayne Bowe , Matt Cassel , Tim Tebow Jets , Tim Tebow Mark Sanchez , Teen News

share this story

Submit this story

The Jets have got to do something about the Tebow situation. They seem complacent about leaving him on the bench for the most part, and if he was only brought on to motivate Mark Sanchez, it's been a train wreck. Only Andrew Luck and Brandon Weeden have a worse QB ranking and have retained their starting jobs, and Mark Sanchez has a lower completion percentage than both of them (the worst in the NFL). Whatever Tim Tebow was brought in to do, it's time to change the strategy or abort the mission.

#26 Remarker, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Releasing Tebow would be as pointless as starting him. Basically saying goodbye to the picks they gave up to get him or saying goodbye to anything resembling an interesting season.

Too many factors have played into the way he is used now, in the best case. In the worst case, Sparano simply didn't know how to use him. I happen to think it is the former, and that Rex has directed Sparano to use him sparingly at best, which means

A) Rex has tied his career to Sanchez a literally as he says... which is unfortunate for Rex, because his moron QB is so scared to keep his job that he is playing with the same cluster of pinched nerves that wrecked his 2010 season

B) We'll be starting over next season. Again. With a new QB, a new HC, and a new everything else to go with them. Except for a new FO. Because our moron team owner will just play musical chairs again in that department and maybe we will even be stuck Weymouth Bradway again at GM.

The worst case is that we have a moron at OC and he edges Rex out at HC, and they keep the FO. Because Parcells told them to do it. And that pushes progress away another three years.

At this point, I think the is no hope. Rex is done. The rest is the aftermath.

But at least the Tebow tards will be gone. Small victories.

8. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I can agree with some of those points. And sorry us Tebow fans have put such a drag on your life. Tebow has great things ahead of him regardless of the team that gives him that chance. I just noticed the ban. If you ever make it back we still didn't finish that rumble.

9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I love it. John Wayne basically bitch slaps Ms. Piggy.... Only on TGG! Well done sirs, well done...

Tebow will get his shot this year, Rex and ultimately Woody will have no other choice come week 10,11,12...I have a feeling we will all wish this had happened sooner in week 16. But I've been wrong before; just not often!

10. JFjets

JFjets New Member

This^^^.

Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Adam Weber and Greg McElroy never were so highly touted as when they were on the same team with Tim Tebow.

11. TTTTebowAndTheJets

The owner LOVES Tebow....seems to be the only one associated with the team that does. Isn't it possible that if he blows everything up, he hires a GM and HC that's willing to build around Tebow? Selling seats man... Selling seats!

12. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Stat sheets are one thing. Go out there and watch him throw passes a high schooler would complete into the dirt, watch him struggle to read defenses, and run at the first sign of trouble when he has open receivers, and you will understand.

Some of his running makes up a little bit of what he loses, and his only real saving grace as a passer is that he can make the really long throws, which everyone knows can't be your bread and butter in this league.

Put Tebow along side Sanchez, see which one does better at hitting recievers in stride, reading defenses, and such... just like any coach does, and you will see why almost every coach in the league would opt for Sanchez over Tebow.

None of them would have a career if they simply went by some stat sheet with no context. Especially when you consider Sanchez doesn't have a great team aroudn him either. People said Tebow didn't either last year, but Manning seems to be doing pretty well with most of the guys Tebow had. They're near the top of the league now when a year ago people people blamed the receivers for not catching, the O-line for not blocking, and coaches for being too conservative... pretty much blamed everyone not named, "Tebow."

13. Concerned_Citizen

He might if he'd rather his team become more of a side show circus rather than fielding a real offense.

Going out on a limb here.... something tells me winning more will sell a lot of seats too.

Do you know of a GM and coach out there that wouldn't mind staking their reputations on a 46% passer that is more "media darling" than he is a QB?

No... neither do I.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

This is disingenuous crap wrapped around hyperbole.

15. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

Trick or Treat? Tebow Unleashed?... TMZ Article

Reference with Photo: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/31/tim-tebow-camilla-belle-girlfriend-florida/

"TIM TEBOW First Public Outing With New Girlfriend

Tim Tebow has finally scored -- problem is, it's off the field -- because TMZ got the first pic showing Tim with his hot new girlfriend/actress, who is no stranger to famous virgins. Tim and Camilla Belle showed up at Latitude 30 in Jacksonville, Florida Tuesday night, where they bowled and partied. ..."

16. Concerned_Citizen

Looks like your boy playing backup is about to become a man.

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

:lol::lol::lol:

I guess it was Manning who took over for Orton last year?

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You sound jealous. ;)

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'm just wondering? If the Jets released Tebow and nobody picked him up how would u react?

20. BeBe's Boobs

BeBe's Boobs Banned

I'd be very surprised if no one wanted him. I'd feel awful for Tebow.

Now riddle me this: how many teams would want Sanchez if he was released?